Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello guys !
Greetings from France 🥳
I'm facing an issue as well when flashing my Gigabyte 5700XT (Micron) .

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks a lot
Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING,

Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING,

Hey @Mini_Me , thanks for the quick reply !
Am I supposed to "force" it ?
As I got this error on HiveOs when flashing
1610969106864.png

Yes, one of the options that were mentioned before.
Thanks Mini_Me .
I've flashed the bios with the one you linked me, and manage to reach around 54mhs/s ,that really great 😍 ( with high mem temperature though ).
I've tried these OC params on HiveOS/PhoenixMiner but without getting the same results
1610976502285.png
Do you think it worth trying to tweak some of them ? or 54MH/s is the best I'll get as I already used

Thanks Mini_Me .
I've flashed the bios with the one you linked me, and manage to reach around 54mhs/s ,that really great 😍 ( with high mem temperature though ).
I've tried these OC params on HiveOS/PhoenixMiner but without getting the same results
Anhang anzeigen 10012
Do you think it worth trying to tweak some of them ? or 54MH/s is the best I'll get as I already used
Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Thanks Mini_Me .
Anhang anzeigen 10012
Hi,
can you share with me your FAN status ? I have GB card as well, and there is the one FAN out of three constantly running at max, can`t controll it.
Do you see any issue with it as well ?

Thanks

Yes , that's where my screenshot comes from ;)
I followed the end of it where examples of OC configuration are given, but when applying them , I got 54mh/S instead of 58mh/S.
But I will try to tune it step by step, who knows .
Thanks a lot for your help anyway ! (y)

Hi,
can you share with me your FAN status ? I have GB card as well, and there is the one FAN out of three constantly running at max, can`t controll it.
Do you see any issue with it as well ?

Thanks
Hi ,
Where do you see each fan speed ? Im' using HiveOs and only got 1 measure (86% for the Fan )
1610979439364.png

Hi ,
Where do you see each fan speed ? Im' using HiveOs and only got 1 measure (86% for the Fan )
Anhang anzeigen 10014
Thanks, at the same screen I do see 100% on mine already at the HiveOs start, even before the miner is started.
When I plug the card into PC with Windows, card is idle (reported from AMD tool) with reported FAN speed 0, which is true for 2 out of three. The last one run full (with very annoying noise).

On your screen, memory is quite hot :)

Hey,
I keep the cards 55 - 56 for continuous mining on TRM. Memory temp on Samsung at 905 MHz ranges 72-86°C, at 910 MHz ranges 84-88°C, Micron at 905 MHz ranges 78-86°C, at 910 MHz ranges 82-90°C. I can attach screenshots if needed.
At some point I was testing how far I can push the GPUs and this where they were clocking 58+. At the time of testing the memory temp was exceeding 100°C and fan going at 99%; could see results of a thermal throttling.
Regards,
Andy
Hi,
I have at 53 mh around 88°-90° and at 54 or 56 mh i go to 92-94°
Does it is really important to have it less than 75° i feel it is impossible with those cards without watercolling maybe.

Hi,
Does it is really important to have it less than 75° i feel it is impossible with those cards without watercolling maybe.
Hey,
What memory do you have?
TRM screenshots from samsung and micron took this moment using attached 049 base bios. 068 draws +15W extra.

Both are treated with 2h break every 2 days.

Regards,
Andy

Anhänge

• msi049MPT68M1R20.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 15
  • msi068MPT68M1R20.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 16
  • samsung.png
    samsung.png
    171,8 KB · Aufrufe : 63
  • micron.png
    micron.png
    174,7 KB · Aufrufe : 76
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi,
If you're mining 24/7 its important to keep them low temp for longevity of your cards lifespan. This will directly determine if you're going to happily mine in the next few years, and their second hand price.

Thanks, at the same screen I do see 100% on mine already at the HiveOs start, even before the miner is started.
When I plug the card into PC with Windows, card is idle (reported from AMD tool) with reported FAN speed 0, which is true for 2 out of three. The last one run full (with very annoying noise).

On your screen, memory is quite hot :)
way too hot indeed :cry:
I don't know how to cool it down ( appart from lowering the mem freq and loosing hashrate )

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in the bios mod world and I need the help of the community for bios mod.
I have a AMD Radeon PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Dragon 8Go and I'm trying to mod it following the topic page 32, but without success.
Bios flashing is ok, (unlock + push) but the card become not reconized under Hiveos.
I don't understand what is wrong.

I have duplicated 1550mhs strate to the 2 above + do the mpt
You can find below stock rom + my (mod) rom + the mpt file.

Could you help me on that please?

Anhänge

• powercollor-stock.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 1
  • powercollor-731F-bios1-test2.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
  • powercollor.mpt
    1,9 KB · Aufrufe : 0
Hi, i have many trouble with my Powercolor RX5700 XT (Micron MT61K256M32). Bios is actually default, and the settings are->
Core 1400
CoreVoltage 770
MemClock 920
MemVoltage 1350
MemController 780
has anybody good to start settings, or is it fine?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
You need to do one of the following,

- Change the Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor,

- or as you are using amdvbflash v3.04+, use -fa -fp to force flash,

- or to use amdvbflash v2.93+ with -f to force flash.
hi
With the change of ssid, the flash came up and the alert that it gave was 55.87 mg with this overclocking and unfortunately I overclock more than this, it is no longer alert.

Anhänge

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21,5 KB · Aufrufe : 74
hi
With the change of ssid, the flash came up and the alert that it gave was 55.87 mg with this overclocking and unfortunately I overclock more than this, it is no longer alert.
Hi and welcome,

Greetings,

Please test the vbios file kindly attached below for your Asus Dual Evo RX 5700,
Hi @Mine_Me

First off all thanks for all the work you've put into all these types of settings and adjustments. Just to let you know, I've used your vbios file for my 2 ASUS Dual DUAL-RX5700XT-O8G-EVO and found some setting from @dapovoa that worked for me together with TeamRedMiner (as Im quite new into this business)!

Thanks!

Anhänge

• Schermafbeelding 2021-01-20 114130.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-01-20 114130.png
    37 KB · Aufrufe : 51
Hello, @Mini_Me
First of all I want to thank You for Your effort helping us miners deal with the problems.

Now to the point.
I have Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Aorus GPU's (2x Samsung 6x Micron detected this from HiveOS, GPU-Z does not show the vendor of the memory)

I have saved original BIOS, modified, using MorePowerTool and RedBIOS editor, following this post:

After flashing the modified bios to the GPU, the GPU does not mine here is the picture of the HiveOS miner, Hive web platform and a screen of the GPU-Z, which both show no good results.
1611156909854.png1611157011391.png
1611157070308.png

Could You please guide me through the recovery process and figure, what have I done wrong?

Oben Unten