Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello, [USER = 5105] @Mini_Me [/ USER]
First of all I want to thank You for your effort helping us miners deal with the problems.

Now to the point.
I have Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Aorus GPU's (2x Samsung 6x Micron detected this from HiveOS, GPU-Z does not show the vendor of the memory)

I have saved original BIOS, modified, using MorePowerTool and RedBIOS editor, following this post:
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-86493 [/ URL]

After flashing the modified bios to the GPU, the GPU does not mine here is the picture of the HiveOS miner, Hive web platform and a screen of the GPU-Z, which both show no good results.
Anhang anzeigen 10113 Anhang anzeigen 10114
Anhang anzeigen 10115

Could You please guide me through the recovery process and figure, what have I done wrong?
Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios files in the kindly attached link below for Aorus with Micron and Samsung memory,

Micron,

Samsung,

Anhänge

• Gigabyte-F80-Aorus-RX57XT-Silent-v68.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 34
Hi and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

I overclocked according to what you said and according to the same order that you gave and gave the same alert, but unfortunately after 2 or 4 hours it gave n / a and I had to reset the system to give it alert again. Where is the stable?

I uploaded the bios that I use for you, see right

This is the order you said I did according to this
~ Samsung and Micron,
- 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 (1700/2) MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV, ~52.10 MH/s,
- 1360 MHz, 760 or 770 mV : 880 (1760/2) MHz, 820 mV, 1350 mV, ~54.10 MH/s,
- 1380 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 840 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.30 MH/s,

Anhänge

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36,2 KB · Aufrufe : 79
  • RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-115-D182PI0-101.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 17
Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios files in the kindly attached link below for Aorus with Micron and Samsung memory,

Micron,

Samsung,
Do I have to flash the bios to the GPU, when the bios switch on the GPU is switched to "silent"?

Regarding the Gigabyte card, after you flash the original bios provided before you will be able to modify it and make a modified bios from it and flash it back,

Regarding the adjustments, Depending on your ambient temperature, for best stability to performance, I recommend the core clock at 1400 MHz (750 - 800) mv min, the memory at 950 MHz max (750 - 800) mv min with improved vram straps and power limit, you will achieve (57.5 - 58.5) MH/s,

I can help you with modding your bios to suit the mining purpose if you like,

By the way, your sapphire card has dual bios, which one did you modified, the silent one or the OC one?
i trying to mod my Gigabyte Aorus 5700 xt 8g

can somebody help me with the .mod

Hello and welcome,

Micron,

Samsung,
Thank You very much, @Mini_Me I managed to get the GPU's working with Your instructions.
The hashrate, however, does not comply with the expected results.
Could that be the fact that I flashed the bioses to the "OC" position of the switch on the GPU's?
Here is a screenshot of the performance and the settings:
1611176765262.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank You very much, @Mini_Me I managed to get the GPU's working with Your instructions.
The hashrate, however, does not comply with the expected results.
Could that be the fact that I flashed the bioses to the "OC" position of the switch on the GPU's?
Here is a screenshot of the performance and the settings:
Anhang anzeigen 10127
Please apply Apple Inc. optimized memory timings straps.

Hello,
First of all thanks to a lot of people here on the forum for all the hard work to help others out!
I bricked my gpu and thanks to the guides it all worked out fine 😊
Now I also have 4 Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Aorus GPU's but I'm having problems flashing them to a modded ROM without bricking them.
I followed all the steps in the guides but not good results.
I used the windows ATIflash utility to get them back to work with reflashing the stock ROM.
Does somebody know what the problem could be or what steps I have to check?

Thanks!

Can someone please suggest a proper modded ROM for Gigabyte Gaming OC 5600XT? I have tried the modding thing and the 1MB bios timings dont work.

If possible please help me unlock my Gigabyte Gaming OC 5600XT ROM, so that I can modify and upload without bricking.

Anhänge

• Gigabyte-5600-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-Original.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
Can someone please suggest a proper modded ROM for Gigabyte Gaming OC 5600XT? I have tried the modding thing and the 1MB bios timings dont work.
I try this one ... it works perfectly for me

Personal observation, tested on my platform in hive bone, with the command: hive-replace -l
1. video drivers for AMD 19.30 are better than 20.30.
2. the temperature of the memers with 19.30 is 10% lower than with 20.30.
3. 80 degrees celsius compared to 87 degrees celsius!

Anhänge

• Gigabyte rx 5600 xt modat curele apple.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 13
  • platforma mea miniera anul 2021.png
    platforma mea miniera anul 2021.png
    8,7 KB · Aufrufe : 70
I'm not 100 procent sure, BE as in Belgian? Than yes I think so 😁 ok thank you I will check your previous post, was just so spooked out after the bricked gpu so little afraid of experimenting. Cannot hide that these are my first gpu flash steps :p

Oben Unten