Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hey,
You can push MECH OC just under 58 with (remain cautious):
Power Limit GPU: 160W
TDC Limit GFX: 132 A
TDC Limit SoC: 14 A

Maximum Voltage GFX: 1090 mV
Maximum Voltage SoC: 1090 mV

1420 MHz, 810 - 820 mV : 940 (1880/2) MHz, 900 mV, 1390 mV
However without good airflow to keep your GPU cool you may end-up with a crisp.
Personally - I don't think that pushing this hard is going to benefit your revenue as the total power consumption in my test on 6x GPU went to 1010W, not to mention the longevity of the GPUs themselves.

By all means - recommendation is to stay at the safe levels.

Regards,

Andy
Thats stats seems to Micron mem... you got stable system with mem 940 in samsung system?

Im on. I'll update soon!

Thanks!

Did you install Hive on top of Ubuntu/Debian or compiled kernel yourself?

I see your OpenCL version is 20.40 -- while this is fine, its intended to be used for 6000 series. OpenCL 20.30 works much better with Navi series and is way more stable than 20.40 with 5600/5700 series IMHO.

Try to stick with the what comes with stable release of default HiveOS image, and update via "selfupgrade" command.

Latest kernel and/or latest OpenCL isn't best for every system combination.

Try to downgrade OpenCL to 20.30 >> Guide to update amd drivers on Hive OS or reinstall HiveOS using latest stable release
I installed all the system with HIVEOS last update form the web this week. I'll try reinstalling with older one..

Thanks!

It restarts aswell after 15minutes...

Just to update on the pool connection issue with TRM, I managed to make it work with non SSL servers. For some reason pool refuses connection to SSL servers.

I can report that the load on the cards is significantly less, I saved 10 W of wall power per card and the temps are much better. Will report on shares at the pool. As you all know, the reported hashrate is lower, around 1 mh/s per card.

Just to update on the pool connection issue with TRM, I managed to make it work with non SSL servers. For some reason pool refuses connection to SSL servers.

I can report that the load on the cards is significantly less, I saved 10 W of wall power per card and the temps are much better. Will report on shares at the pool. As you all know, the reported hashrate is lower, around 1 mh/s per card.
Even though TRM has lower hashrates, on the long run with PPLNS pools, it performs better than or same as phoenixminer.

Because phoenix has an aggressive kernel, I use it to test my OC settings with -mi 14 parameter, then switch to TRM for production.

Even though TRM has lower hashrates, on the long run with PPLNS pools, it performs better than or same as phoenixminer.

Because phoenix has an aggressive kernel, I use it to test my OC settings with -mi 14 parameter, then switch to TRM for production.
You are correct as I already mentioned along time ago that the PhoenixMiner kernel is aggressive and fishy even their so claimed green one however many people will still continue using it even thought the hashrate is inflated and the real hashrate is the same as TeamRedMiner however with more power consumption as I heard this is how PhoenixMiner gain profits from this extra power consumption.

Greetings everyone,

I only would like to inform that I figured out now how to properly and correctly calculate the power limit, this was not easy as I believe even many were not aware of the information regarding this, now the guide is at last finalized and I believe there is going to be no further update,

My apologies for any inconvenience that I might caused before as I was doing my best to finalize the guide with correct and proper information that is solid and not available elsewhere,

My gratitude for your understanding and consideration,

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.

Greetings everyone,

I only would like to inform that I figured out now how to properly and correctly calculate the power limit, this was not easy as I believe even many were not aware of the information regarding this, now the guide is at last finalized and I believe there is going to be no further update,

My apologies for any inconvenience that I might caused before as I was doing my best to finalize the guide with correct and proper information that is solid and not available elsewhere,

My gratitude for your understanding and consideration,

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.
In page 2 post 35?

Page 2,15 and 32, I am going to make a new thread to summarize things, this guide is for 5700 XT and non XT with their original power curve, with power curve of 5600 XT things are going to be different with more power saving and different power ratio and same hashrate.

Hey,
You can push MECH OC just under 58 with (remain cautious):
Power Limit GPU: 160W
TDC Limit GFX: 132 A
TDC Limit SoC: 14 A

Maximum Voltage GFX: 1090 mV
Maximum Voltage SoC: 1090 mV

1420 MHz, 810 - 820 mV : 940 (1880/2) MHz, 900 mV, 1390 mV
However without good airflow to keep your GPU cool you may end-up with a crisp.
Personally - I don't think that pushing this hard is going to benefit your revenue as the total power consumption in my test on 6x GPU went to 1010W, not to mention the longevity of the GPUs themselves.

By all means - recommendation is to stay at the safe levels.

Regards,

Andy
Hello,
How much is your memory temp with this card, i have RX 5700 XT MSI MECH OC with hynix memory only.
My card with bios modded go to 92-94° even with thermal pad changed on the card. i try to lower OC but the maximum i arrive to get is 90°.
ambiant temperature is ok with big airflow in back of the card.

Hello,
How much is your memory temp with this card, i have RX 5700 XT MSI MECH OC with hynix memory only.
My card with bios modded go to 92-94° even with thermal pad changed on the card. i try to lower OC but the maximum i arrive to get is 90°.
ambiant temperature is ok with big airflow in back of the card.
Hey,
I keep the cards 55 - 56 for continuous mining on TRM. Memory temp on Samsung at 905 MHz ranges 72-86°C, at 910 MHz ranges 84-88°C, Micron at 905 MHz ranges 78-86°C, at 910 MHz ranges 82-90°C. I can attach screenshots if needed.
At some point I was testing how far I can push the GPUs and this where they were clocking 58+. At the time of testing the memory temp was exceeding 100°C and fan going at 99%; could see results of a thermal throttling.
Regards,
Andy

Hello friends, I have asus rog strix 5700xt series graphics. I do everything with Samsung memory. Do any of you have a BIOS mode of this graphic model?

Anhänge

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 6.29.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 6.29.17 PM.jpeg
    71,7 KB · Aufrufe : 29
Hello friends, I have asus rog strix 5700xt series graphics. I do everything with Samsung memory. Do any of you have a BIOS mode of this graphic model?
Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below for modification,

Anhänge

• Asus.AS12Q.Strix.RX57XT.v68.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 14
Hi and welcome,

Please use the vbios in the kindly attached link below,

And follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Hi,
thanks for prompt answer.
I have flashed mentioned BIOS to the card with changing SID. The flash itself was successfully. Unfortunately it did not solved my "FAN" problem, where one out of three run on MAX RPM.

Any idea ? The other two FANs are either idle, or on slower speed.
I was trying the AORUS engine app as well, and changing the speed there, but this seems to have no effect on this single FAN.
HWinfo shows actually 0 % RPM when other 2 are idle.

Any idea ?
Thanks

Hello guys !
Greetings from France 🥳
I'm facing an issue as well when flashing my Gigabyte 5700XT (Micron) .

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks a lot

Anhänge

• RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-xxx-xxx-xxx - Origin.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 5
  • RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-xxx-xxx-xxx-mod.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Oben Unten