Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
No worries @Mini_Me
I tried to acces a link you provided but got an error message trying to download it.
Can you please send it to me ?
I also cannot find the memory type, it only shows GDDR6 in GPU-Z, or can I find it somewhere else ?

Thanks so much

No worries @Mini_Me
I tried to acces a link you provided but got an error message trying to download it.
Can you please send it to me ?
I also cannot find the memory type, it only shows GDDR6 in GPU-Z, or can I find it somewhere else ?

Thanks so much

I can not flash vbios with modded one by the instructions. I modded the original and when I flash it the system didnt recognize(win and hiveos). Its a Gigabyte RX57XT GAMING OC rev2. I saw @Mini_Me uploaded some bios but he said are for AORUS or with Micron Mem.

Some help pls.
I think this card only have 1 vbios. Im correct?

Than you all!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thanks for clearing that up, when I try to flash I get an error saying "subsystemIDs mismatch" when using the latest amdflash. I tried the amdvbflash command prompt way before and got my gpu bricked. What do you recommend I do ? Sorry for all the troubles..

Yes I had the same problem as @joperor, modded the original one and flashed with amdvbflash and got it messed up. Than I used the latest amdflash to reflash it back to the stock rom and got it back to work. So I don't know what is the best way now. Thanks!

Yes I had the same problem as @joperor, modded the original one and flashed with amdvbflash and got it messed up. Than I used the latest amdflash to reflash it back to the stock rom and got it back to work. So I don't know what is the best way now. Thanks!
Same. I can reflash to original and works, but I cant use a modded one.

Hello friends,
on some russians forums ppl talk about that there are newer vbios which is some sort signed and when moded and flashed back it leads to brick because of missing signature.
They mentioned that you can see if that one is signed, 1550mhz is signed and 1500mhz is old without signature...
Can anyone confirm that?
I have Asus Dual Evo 5700XT and TUF 5700XT and i plan to mod them for better hashing and lower power but last days i talked to a many ppl on discord and there are SO many of them who bricked their 5700XT...
I'm not the guru, but i did flashing before, on HD6950 to 70 and so on, or unbricked my china phone with pin shorting, forcing maskmode...so i know a little bit.
And according to the ppl, they used the last two flash utilities from here and bios from techpowerup or their own backed up, modded with RBE, most of them just copypasted 1500/1550 timings to the rest bigger values...so just standart...and most of them bricked and i just cant understand how and why...
Have someone thoughts on that?

Same. I can reflash to original and works, but I cant use a modded one.
according to some russian forums, you need an older vbios from techpowerup, which does not have signature, you can see it at 1500 or 1550 mhz, you need 1500mhz bios

I can not flash vbios with modded one by the instructions. I modded the original and when I flash it the system didnt recognize(win and hiveos). Its a Gigabyte RX57XT GAMING OC rev2. I saw @Mini_Me uploaded some bios but he said are for AORUS or with Micron Mem.

Some help pls.
I think this card only have 1 vbios. Im correct?

Than you all!!
Please check the link of Aorus Micron as an unlocked vbios is available for Gaming Micron as well.

according to some russian forums, you need an older vbios from techpowerup, which does not have signature, you can see it at 1500 or 1550 mhz, you need 1500mhz bios
Hello and welcome,

Please send me your original backup vbios and I will unlock it for you.

Thanks for clearing that up, when I try to flash I get an error saying "subsystemIDs mismatch" when using the latest amdflash. I tried the amdvbflash command prompt way before and got my gpu bricked. What do you recommend I do ? Sorry for all the troubles..
Please use amdvbflash v2.93+ with -f to force flash it or change the Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor to match your card old vbios.

Please everyone remember,

Gigabyte Gaming vbios F40 is with Samsung memory and all other versions are with Micron memory,

Gigabyte Aorus vbios F80 is with Samsung memory and all other versions are with Micron memory.

Please send me your original backup vbios and I will unlock it for you.
Hello nice to meet you, i've red most of your "how to" threads, you're genius!
I still have my rig not completed yet, so the only way to read the bios of my cards is to put them into my pc.
So just unlock with amdvbflash -unlockrom 0/1?
I will post my backed up bios from both cards tomorrow, so we can figure out and i can learn a bit from a master.
Thousand thank yous and wish you good night!

Hello nice to meet you, i've red most of your "how to" threads, you're genius!
I still have my rig not completed yet, so the only way to read the bios of my cards is to put them into my pc.
So just unlock with amdvbflash -unlockrom 0/1?
I will post my backed up bios from both cards tomorrow, so we can figure out and i can learn a bit from a master.
Thousand thank yous and wish you good night!
Hello and welcome,

Nice to meet you as well,

I will be glad to unlock the vbios for you,

Regarding learning, I will post everything on a new thread at the right time.

Sorry but i dont know if this roms works with samsung mems I prefer you confirm me before flash with them. You say that are for Micron. Mine is a GAMING OC with Samsung.

This is the link im looking
vbios lastest for gigabyte micron
For GAMING with Samsung memory,

For GAMING with Samsung memory,

1611310267662.png
I have Invalid shares with the vbios of the link modded by page 32. (Mem timings by apple)

[Updated]
Please, use the official Gigabyte bios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING card:

One can download other vbios for other Gigabyte cards from official Gigabyte site however only the UK, Russian and Taiwan ones, below for Gigabyte UK official site,

This bios is modifiable as well by changing the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows (only for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC):
1. Extract the downloaded GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip below.
2. Boot to Windows Safe Mode and execute GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.exe as an Administrative.
3. Click StratFlash.
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for all Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING):
1. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

2. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

3. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or the backup bios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

4. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

5. Now enter these commands:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 vBios.rom
Press Enter

To flash the bios, here -f or -fa to force the flash in case of error.
###########
Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.
Hi, please I need advice what to do , I got gigabyte rx 5700xt gaming oc (rev 2) made mod. bios update, unlock rom and write new one adapted all that with command prom. as administrator with amdvbflash. After that black screen. Secondly I made dos boot usb 2.0 write again saved bios but card is alive only with on board graffic (device manager shows rx 5700xt and intel hd graffic), try to install adrenalin 7 times different version, but always at the end install says error and can t install properly driver code 43. GPU z shows clock and memory 0. Please give me advice what to do. If I in bios put pci-e and connect 5700xt there is no picture. Thanks.

Anhänge

• IMG_20210122_101642.jpg
    IMG_20210122_101642.jpg
    1,4 MB · Aufrufe : 17
Hi, please I need advice what to do , I got gigabyte rx 5700xt gaming oc (rev 2) made mod. bios update, unlock rom and write new one adapted all that with command prom. as administrator with amdvbflash. After that black screen. Secondly I made dos boot usb 2.0 write again saved bios but card is alive only with on board graffic (device manager shows rx 5700xt and intel hd graffic), try to install adrenalin 7 times different version, but always at the end install says error and can t install properly driver code 43. GPU z shows clock and memory 0. Please give me advice what to do. If I in bios put pci-e and connect 5700xt there is no picture. Thanks.
Hi and welcome,

Please check your card memory type in RedBiosEditor.

Hello everyone,
I have AORUS Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G (rev. 2.0) with micron memory, whenever i try to edit the original bios the card gets bricked. I have tried some unlocked bios from the internet, i was able to edit and get the hashrate i need and it seems stable. However, i am getting very high power consumption (139W in hiveos) 1350/750/910mem. with original bios, same settings i get 99W.

Is there anyway to unlock the original bios (attached), so i can get the required hashrate with low power consumption?

Anhänge

• RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-xxx-xxx-xxx.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 7
@Mini_Me it worked to get your rom flashed! Thanks for the help!
Only problem is now that it doesn't really improve the hashrate or power consumption, on this version I get 54.8 with 115W and with the stock bios I got 54.8 with 111W. Tried tweaking everything in Afterburner but didn't get any improvements, am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks!

Hi,

Has anyone experience with Hynix GDDR6 ?
I have 4 gpu s of MSI RX 5700 XT(Biosmode+ TREF 7020) and i thing these are unstable, with my settings but i m not sure maybe it is the hardware (CPU MEM ).
A reference would be great for me
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-23 um 14.05.38.png
Thanks

~ Micron (MT61K256M32JE-14),
Memory clock at 910 MHz for power saving and lower temperature like for Samsung memory and 950 MHz for performance, VDDCI at 890 mV (850 mV is the minimum for memory clock 910 MHz and below), MVDD 1365 mV [the minimum is 1350 mV for memory clock 910 MHz and below],

~ Micron,
- 1415 MHz, 790 or 800 mV: 935 (1870/2) MHz, 875 mV, 1350 mV, ~ 57.10 MH / s,
- 1430 MHz, 800 or 810 mV: 950 (1900/2) MHz, 890 mV, 1365 mV, ~ 58.10 MH / s.

I have 5700XT with Micron memory, and am trying to follow the guide, but I can't figure out how to raise VDDCI from 875mV or 890mV

I'm using HiveOS, and it only accepts values from 750mV to 850mV for VDDCI.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

From HiveOS:
The default value for VDDCI is 850 mV. The permissible range is 750-850 mV.
The default value for MVDD is 1350 mV. The permissible range is 1250-1350 mV.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten