Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

Hello! I have been trying for a week to find information about modding the bios for my MSI RX 5600 XT Mech OC. I have found this thread by accident and I carefully read what you told the last users and I think it would be cool if you could help me unlock my vBIOS. Can you please help me whenever you have time?
Hello and welcome,

Please send me your original backup vbios file.

Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!
Greetings,

Do you still need to unlock your 5600 XT card?

Dear Mini_Me

Could you please unlock this RX5600XT rom for me? MSI Mech OC.

Best regards

Anhänge

• 5600xtrom.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Hi everybody!

I'm new here but I've finally found a place to deal with this! :D
I've been researching everywhere since then how to unlock rx5600xt bios.
I have an Asrock rx 5600 xt phantom gaming d3 6g oc card.
The RedPanda MSI bios works on my card and up to 2000Mhz I was able to go to the core.
But I was afraid that over time I would have some problems with my card because it doesn’t have an Asrock bios on it.
I tried MTP and RBE but didn't get any further. If I modify anything black screen will restart.
I also checked some bios files in HxD for comparison etc ... but I didn't get anything.
So I flashed back the original bios.
Maybe someone could give me an unlock Asrock bios or someone could describe the process for what and how to do it?

Grateful thanks!

(I'm not perfect English unfortunately =))

Anhänge

• Asrock_PG_D3_OC.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Hi everybody!

I'm new here but I've finally found a place to deal with this! :D
I've been researching everywhere since then how to unlock rx5600xt bios.
I have an Asrock rx 5600 xt phantom gaming d3 6g oc card.
The RedPanda MSI bios works on my card and up to 2000Mhz I was able to go to the core.
But I was afraid that over time I would have some problems with my card because it doesn’t have an Asrock bios on it.
I tried MTP and RBE but didn't get any further. If I modify anything black screen will restart.
I also checked some bios files in HxD for comparison etc ... but I didn't get anything.
So I flashed back the original bios.
Maybe someone could give me an unlock Asrock bios or someone could describe the process for what and how to do it?

Grateful thanks!

(I'm not perfect English unfortunately =))
Hi and welcome,

I will update you after I finish whenever it is possible.

Dear Mini_me

Could you please unlock this rom for me?

The card is powercolor RX5600XT

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Anhänge

• powercolor.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
Hi,

I have the Red Devil rx 5600 xt, and have tried editing the bios my self with no luck. I have also tried the Redpanda rom, and guides online from people that have successfully unlocked this card. None of the unlock bioses work, they all softbrick the gpu until i get an original bios on it. Seems like both my OC and silent bios is locked. Been trying for almost two weeks now, and have accepted defeat and thrown in the towel.

@Mini_Me: I understand you have many request regarding unlocking, and I hate to ask during the holiday(also used to fixing these things myself), but when you have the time I would really appreciate it if you could unlock my bios.

Hope all have had a merry christmas!

Anhänge

• ReddevilRX5600xt_origdump.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Hi,

I have the Red Devil rx 5600 xt, and have tried editing the bios my self with no luck. I have also tried the Redpanda rom, and guides online from people that have successfully unlocked this card. None of the unlock bioses work, they all softbrick the gpu until i get an original bios on it. Seems like both my OC and silent bios is locked. Been trying for almost two weeks now, and have accepted defeat and thrown in the towel.

@Mini_Me: I understand you have many request regarding unlocking, and I hate to ask during the holiday(also used to fixing these things myself), but when you have the time I would really appreciate it if you could unlock my bios.

Hope all have had a merry christmas!
Hi and welcome,

My apologies for the late reply,

Please do not worry, you are already in the queue,

I will update you after I finish whenever it is possible.

@Mini_Me, Hello. Could you post a guide to unlock 5600 xt so you can do it yourself? I have a msi 5600 xt gaming x and I am embarrassed to ask you to unlock it. Because I see that many requests have been sent to you to unlock the bios 5600 xt.

I tried the method described on reddit with "5600microunlocked.rom" firmware and it did not work correctly. The fan speed was displayed incorrectly, the minimum memory speed was too high and it was impossible to reduce it via MPT, the backlight on the card did not work.
PS. And I also realized empirically that creating .bat on the desktop for "blind" restoring the standard bios does not work, because a badly flashed card does not pass POST and the system does not boot. Accordingly, it is not possible to perform a blind recovery.

@Mini_Me, Hello. Could you post a guide to unlock 5600 xt so you can do it yourself? I have a msi 5600 xt gaming x and I am embarrassed to ask you to unlock it. Because I see that many requests have been sent to you to unlock the bios 5600 xt.

I tried the method described on reddit with "5600microunlocked.rom" firmware and it did not work correctly. The fan speed was displayed incorrectly, the minimum memory speed was too high and it was impossible to reduce it via MPT, the backlight on the card did not work.
PS. And I also realized empirically that creating .bat on the desktop for "blind" restoring the standard bios does not work, because a badly flashed card does not pass POST and the system does not boot. Accordingly, it is not possible to perform a blind recovery.
Hello and welcome,

No need to be embarrassed, please send a request with your original backup vbios through a message and I will gladly unlock it for you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Please send me your original backup vbios file and I will update you after I finish unlocking it whenever it is possible.

Please anyone with successful unlocked vbios to post here that there request has been fulfilled.

For flashing you can follow the method below,

- By Windows,
I. Extract the downloaded amdvbflashTool from the link below,

and put it with the vbios file to a folder and put it in drive C,

II. Boot to windows safe mode,

III. Run as an Administrator insttool64.exe then run as administrator the cmd and navigate to amdvbflash folder and flash the vbios following the commands below when using amdvbflash:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########

amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu for flashing if it is locked.
###########

amdvbflash.exe -p 0 BiosName.ROM
Press Enter

To flash the bios, to force flash use
-fa -fp

IV. Wait for the update to finish and reboot.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Due to 1x8pin power connector, I believe for 5600 XT with at least 600 watt gold rated power supply (PSU), the best power table is as below,

- Under Feature Control, set:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
DS_GFXCLK: Uncheck (Disable)
GFXOFF: Check (Enable)

- Under Overdrive Limits tab, set:
GFX Maximum Clock 2150 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 950 MHz
Power Limit Maximum +35%
Power Limit Minimum -35%

- Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum voltage GFX 1100 mV
Maximum voltage SoC 1050 mV
Minimum voltage GFX 750 mV
Minimum voltage SoC 750 mV
TDP Power Limit GPU 160 W
TDC Limit GFX 210 A
TDC Limit SoC 20 A

- Under Frequency tap, set:
GFX Maximum: 1930 MHz
Memory DPM 3 - 900 MHz

When using AMD wattman or any other program use the setting for best stable performance to temperature ratio and it is important when undervolting to not let the ratio between core clock and vdd exceed 2, for an example, 2100 MHz ÷ 1050 mV = 2,

Core clock, VDD
2050 MHz, 1050 mV, for safe undervolting and performance,

Memory clock, 1820 MHz (Samsung and Micron) for best temperature to performance ratio,
or 1870 MHz (Micron) for best performance.

Apple Inc. optimized memory timings in the kindly attached link below,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Dear Mini_Me.
I new member.
I have 2 Vga MSI 5600XT Mech OC (one samsung memory and hynix menory)
Please help me unlock roms.
if you don't have enough time, you can help me unlock one by one,
thank very much.

Anhänge

• MSI.MECH.OC.HN.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
  • MSI.MECH.OC.SS.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
Hello!

I have a Sapphire RX 5600 XT BE. I already bricked and recovered from flashing the unlocked MSI version.

Could it be possible to help me unlock my original BIOS?

Anhänge

• Navi_10_5600xt_original.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 9
Oben Unten