Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

Greetings and welcome,

Send your card vbios backup and even if it does not have Micron memory type still I may be able to help in unlocking your vbios for modifying, however it might take a bit of time.
Hi Mini_Me, I know this reply was not intended for me but;
I have a Sapphire RX 5600XT, do you think you could be kind enough to explain or help me unlock the stock BIOS?
The MSI, and (I expect) Power Devil unlocked BIOS's I have been able to dig up from the web does work, but of cause it would be much better to have a unlocked BIOS that fits exactly for the board. Modifying the bios in anyway breaks it as others also experienced before the unlocked MSI BIOS came into the wild. There must be a security check that runs when booting, I do not know if the card performs a check or the BIOS runs a check on itself or what =). Anyway the question is how to bypass this in the BIOS?

Either way I am happy to send you my BIOS, and just let you do whatever magic you can figure out. =)
Or maybe just send me the BIOS you did for magoa, I'm pretty sure it is the same card.
Thank you and Best Regards.
./tuxen

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi Mini_Me, I know this reply was not intended for me but;
I have a Sapphire RX 5600XT, do you think you could be kind enough to explain or help me unlock the stock BIOS?
The MSI, and (I expect) Power Devil unlocked BIOS's I have been able to dig up from the web does work, but of cause it would be much better to have a unlocked BIOS that fits exactly for the board. Modifying the bios in anyway breaks it as others also experienced before the unlocked MSI BIOS came into the wild. There must be a security check that runs when booting, I do not know if the card performs a check or the BIOS runs a check on itself or what =). Anyway the question is how to bypass this in the BIOS?

Either way I am happy to send you my BIOS, and just let you do whatever magic you can figure out. =)
Thank you and Best Regards.
./tuxen
Hi and welcome,

Please send me your original silent vbios, I will unlock it and send it to you in a message and please do remember to put the switch on the silent vbios when flashing,

To me there is no difference as both the performance and silent vbios can be unlocked,

By the way have you tried to modify the silent vbios and reflash it as the silent vbios might be already unlocked?

Good night everyone.
Thanks to Mini_Me I managed to get and install unbridled vbios. But the drivers (well I think it's them) punish me directly by switching the GPU clock to 300Mhz, even with a tiny modification.
I even installed the unbridled vbios on the two bios positions of my card (soft bios and OC bios). Same punishment.
Does anyone know a solution to bypass this last protection.

Thank you
You need to load the BIOS into RBE and make your desired default clock (exampel 1925) and overdrive settings (exampel 2100) you can also make changes to memory speed (default+overdrive and even timings), fan speeds and how much power it can draw, be carefull here exampel max 200W the normal card can draw around 190W (160W+20%) and then save it as a 5700XT BIOS and flash that. Otherwise you are just loading the same bios with the same values that mini_me was so kind and unlock for you, and nothing will happen. You need to research (this site is an excellent start, have you not read any articles by igor on MPT and RBE?!), this is not just flash and go, there are many parameters.

Start by loading your bios into MPT and have a look, also load a 5700 and 5700XT of the same brand a have a look at them to get an idea.
I also suggest you take Mini_Me's helping hand, I am not sure you understand what is going on here. You must be willing to learn (quite a bit) to get the most from this. So let him guide you if he is willing he seemas very nice. Otherwise feel free to ask questions.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi and welcome,

Please send me your original silent vbios, I will unlock it and send it to you in a message and please do remember to put the switch on the silent vbios when flashing,

To me there is no difference as both the performance and silent vbios can be unlocked,

By the way have you tried to modify the silent vbios and reflash it as the silent vbios might be already unlocked?
Wow thank you that was fast. Actually I have not tried that only the performance, I will try as soon as possible, and send it if locked.
It is morning now I have been up all night, I just wanted to check igors site before I need to nap (my head is spinning, and I can barely type lol)
I appriciate this and I will see how long I gwet please excuse me if I crash, I will of cause get back asap if I do. x_x

Best regards.

Wow thank you that was fast. Actually I have not tried that only the performance, I will try as soon as possible, and send it if locked.
It is morning now I have been up all night, I just wanted to check igors site before I need to nap (my head is spinning, and I can barely type lol)
I appriciate this and I will see how long I gwet please excuse me if I crash, I will of cause get back asap if I do. x_x

Best regards.
If it is not successful then please feel free to message me whenever you like,

By the way, for dear magoa and other members, the last vbios he received was a success without any penalties or drawbacks.

Here is Performance, but I guess you only need the silent one anyway.

Man, I am very tired. Talk in a couple of hours. =)

EDIT: and thank you for having a link to send files fast.

Lucky I had the box handy otherwise it would have been a problem. With the how my computer sits and the card is mounrted.

SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT 6G - (3DP/1HDMI)

PN: 299-5E417-001SA
SKU: 11296-01-20G

Thanks man, puh I am getting old have much trouble pulling allnighters, and now my friend wants to come and help me moving some stuff because he has the time. Coffee and psycosis it is then lol.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
If it is not successful then please feel free to message me whenever you like,

By the way, for dear magoa and other members, the last vbios he received was a success without any penalties or drawbacks.
Hello Mini_Me and everyone. We are starting to talk about unlocking the vbios for rx5600xt all models. Thank you again to Mini_Me for its commitment. In my case, the more complex it seems, it might be interesting to clarify how we do this. Indeed with Ouxgar already we do not have the same model (different vram) and we do not use the same software to flash. Tuxen just posted their model (which appears to be the same as mine)

кто нибудь может помочь с разблокировкой и прошивкой 5500 ХТ чтобы можно было в RBE и MPT изменять и прошивать нормально без черного экрана

кто нибудь может помочь с разблокировкой и прошивкой 5500 ХТ чтобы можно было в RBE и MPT изменять и прошивать нормально без черного экрана
Greetings and welcome,

I sent you a message, please read it.

Hello, I am quite confused on why it does not work.
Firstly, I am a 5600xt user(obviously). My model is ASUS DUAL EVO TOP.
Anyway, firstly I tried to flash it via MPT and RBE. Well whenever I edit something in MPT and save the bios with RBE the card bricks itself. If I only save my "clean" bios with RBE the gpu boots and runs totally fine.
I even saw that MSI bios floating around the internet.
Well that one unlocks my gpu, but it doesn't give a display output to my HDMI. The card works great,...as a secondary GPU.
Can somebody help me on how I should proceed? I would appreciate any help.
I will attach my original vbios and edited one here. The "Navi.rom" is my original vBios

Anhänge

• Navi.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
  • Modat.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 2
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello, I am quite confused on why it does not work.
Firstly, I am a 5600xt user(obviously). My model is ASUS DUAL EVO TOP.
Anyway, firstly I tried to flash it via MPT and RBE. Well whenever I edit something in MPT and save the bios with RBE the card bricks itself. If I only save my "clean" bios with RBE the gpu boots and runs totally fine.
I even saw that MSI bios floating around the internet.
Well that one unlocks my gpu, but it doesn't give a display output to my HDMI. The card works great,...as a secondary GPU.
Can somebody help me on how I should proceed? I would appreciate any help.
I will attach my original vbios and edited one here. The "Navi.rom" is my original vBios
Hello and welcome,

I am going to unlock it for you,

If your card have dual vbios then please send it to me, there is no difference to me as both can be unlocked however it help to find the latest correct version for your card.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
@Mini_Me It does not have dual vBios, although I have multiple cards so bricking it's not bothering me, as I mentioned before. Thing is, even no change to the mpt power table makes the modded bios unusable, and it doesn't matter which card I save it as. Here I will attach my one and only original bios again and thanks for your help, your implication is what matters.

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
@Mini_Me It does not have dual vBios, although I have multiple cards so bricking it's not bothering me, as I mentioned before. Thing is, even no change to the mpt power table makes the modded bios unusable, and it doesn't matter which card I save it as. Here I will attach my one and only original bios again and thanks for your help, your implication is what matters.
Did you read what Mini_Me wrote to you? Or this thread? The title kinda says it "there is an issue" ;)
I try this way the VBIOS needs to be "cracked" first there is security on the board or in the BIOS that checks if it has been messed with.
Manufactors sometimes sign BIOS's or there is a CRC (integrety check) to see if the file has been altered in which case it will not boot ie. no post.
I do not think it is the latter, however only Mini_Me has the knowledge to what is going on and how to bypass it.
It is him that figured it out or has the tools so he can of cause choose to do whatever he likes to with it, he is being kind enough to unlock our BIOS's and he does it fast and for free. That should be more than cool enough for everyone.
How you use a unlocked BIOS is up to you but to get the most you need to update yourself on MPT and RBE which you seem to be in the middle of. =) There are some articles you can use on this site also, nothing you can directly apply, but it will add to your knowledge. (for exampel how to undervolt 5700XT) Good luck =)

Best regards.

EDIT: Please do not take me for being angry or anything, text can be difficult between cultures.
especially when you are not native or english even.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Did you read what Mini_Me wrote to you? Or this thread? The title kinda says it "there is an issue" ;)
I try this way the VBIOS needs to be "cracked" first there is security on the board or in the BIOS that checks if it has been messed with.
Manufactors sometimes sign BIOS's or there is a CRC (integrety check) to see if the file has been altered in which case it will not boot ie. no post.
I do not think it is the latter, however only Mini_Me has the knowledge to what is going on and how to bypass it.
It is him that figured it out or has the tools so he can of cause choose to do whatever he likes to with it, he is being kind enough to unlock our BIOS's and he does it fast and for free. That should be more than cool enough for everyone.
How you use a unlocked BIOS is up to you but to get the most you need to update yourself on MPT and RBE which you seem to be in the middle of. =) There are some articles you can use on this site also, nothing you can directly apply, but it will add to your knowledge. (for exampel how to undervolt 5700XT) Good luck =)

Best regards.

EDIT: Please do not take me for being angry or anything, text can be difficult between cultures.
especially when you are not native or english even.
Yes, Mini_me explained to me and even spent his own time to make a working unlocked vBios. All praise to @Mini_Me , you are amazing.

Yes, Mini_me explained to me and even spent his own time to make a working unlocked vBios. All praise to @Mini_Me , you are amazing.
Please no need for praising, I do not want to take any credits or receive any thing from doing that, I am doing it to help others to fully utilize what they paid for and own.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello! I have been trying for a week to find information about modding the bios for my MSI RX 5600 XT Mech OC. I have found this thread by accident and I carefully read what you told the last users and I think it would be cool if you could help me unlock my vBIOS. Can you please help me whenever you have time?

Oben Unten