Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

Hello,
i have ASrock Radeon RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D2 6G OC
I tried to edit bios with RBT and MPT but i got a black screen....
Can someone help me to unlock my bios?

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 6
Hei I was trying to flash my rx 5600 xt sapphire pulse for few hours now. Everytime I flash it with modded bios I get code 43 error.

Mini_Me can you please unlock this stock sapphire pulse rx 5600 xt bios for me?

After i get unlocked bios, do I use red bios editor as usual to apply changes, and do I flash it as usual?

Anhänge

• stock.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 9
Hei I was trying to flash my rx 5600 xt sapphire pulse for few hours now. Everytime I flash it with modded bios I get code 43 error.

Mini_Me can you please unlock this stock sapphire pulse rx 5600 xt bios for me?

After i get unlocked bios, do I use red bios editor as usual to apply changes, and do I flash it as usual?
Hi and welcome,

I will update you after I finish whenever it is possible.

Hello @Mini_Me
I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT
(11296-01-20G)
Could you help me unlocking the silent bios?
Maybe you already have the modified silent bios already, I saw that you were helping @tuxen and we have the same SKU
Thanks

Anhänge

• silent.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Has any1 else tried to push their card to the limit?
This is currently as far as I can push it for firestrike.
In wattmann, 2290 MHz/1200mV, think it was +20% pwr limit, would need a better psu to push more.
1934 MHz memory.

In wattmann, 2290 MHz/1200mV, think it was +20% pwr limit, would need a better psu to push more.
1934 MHz memory.
Your result is hidden. =)

I would not push it more or even as high as you did.
Power to performance becomes silly and crazy. I have done lo-tech somewhat controlled test with a unprotected PSU and you will end up with melted wires instead, and depending on the brand and how well its (over)engineered probably blown vrm's.
You have to remember that the 5700(XT) has 7 vrm's, the 5600XT only 5. The 5700(XT) has 2 power cables, 5600XT only one cable.

I did the test to see what would happen if someone pushed a MSI BIOS that was out in the wild with some crazy power limits something like 240W, 240A, 16A +50% power limit!
First the the card got very hot, then wires started melting, and then a big blue spark from the PSU that obviously died.

There is a reason your PSU cut's out, you are not meant to draw more power on one 8pin connector!
I would stop and cut back. I do not see how a new PSU would help, but this is of cause all on your own risk. heh.

How many watts are the card drawing with the above test?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
1934 MHz memory.
I think it's 200-210 watts which is still healthy for the 5600xt (if you have a 1x8 pin power cable). 2050Mhz core and 1820-1860Mhz memory. So absolutely good. Not too hot and at least 10-15% plus performance for free which is very good.

Your result is hidden. =)

I would not push it more or even as high as you did.
Power to performance becomes silly and crazy. I have done lo-tech somewhat controlled test with a unprotected PSU and you will end up with melted wires instead, and depending on the brand and how well its (over)engineered probably blown vrm's.
You have to remember that the 5700(XT) has 7 vrm's, the 5600XT only 5. The 5700(XT) has 2 power cables, 5600XT only one cable.

I did the test to see what would happen if someone pushed a MSI BIOS that was out in the wild with some crazy power limits something like 240W, 240A, 16A +50% power limit!
First the the card got very hot, then wires started melting, and then a big blue spark from the PSU that obviously died.

There is a reason your PSU cut's out, you are not meant to draw more power on one 8pin connector!
I would stop and cut back. I do not see how a new PSU would help, but this is of cause all on your own risk. heh.

How many watts are the card drawing with the above test?
I'm fully aware that power to perf gets silly, but that isn't important for benching.
Asus tuf has the same pcb as 5700xt (7+1 phase GPU VRM according to TPU), minus the 6 pin (and 2 memory chips ofc). At 1200mV +20% power, nothing gets hot, 8 pin wires barely warms up. Software reported peak power was I think 256 watts, thats 31 watts above the "safe limits" of pcie+1x8pin connector, not that worried about it tho. I don't know why the 3Dmark result is hidden, only has a "hide result" button for me. Firestrike graphics score was 26 932.
I really do need a new PSU tho, since I'm getting into the territory of maxing out the crappy one I have currently.
Ofcourse I'm not dailying with these settings, its unstable memory wise, unless I have the fans at 100% to keep memory chips lower temp.
Added a pic of the maximum values during a firestrike run.

Edit: Also about your PSU stuff, pulling more than 150 watts from a single 8 pin isn't going to kill a PSU. PSU's don't care if you are pulling 300 watts from 2 8 pin's or one, the connectors come from the same single rail 12V these days. Wires could get damaged tho, wire gauge matters.

Anhänge

• maxvalues.png
    maxvalues.png
    20,6 KB · Aufrufe : 21
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I'm fully aware that power to perf gets silly, but that isn't important for benching.
Asus tuf has the same pcb as 5700xt (7+1 phase GPU VRM according to TPU), minus the 6 pin (and 2 memory chips ofc). At 1200mV +20% power, nothing gets hot, 8 pin wires barely warms up. Software reported peak power was I think 256 watts, thats 31 watts above the "safe limits" of pcie+1x8pin connector, not that worried about it tho. I don't know why the 3Dmark result is hidden, only has a "hide result" button for me. Firestrike graphics score was 26 932.
I really do need a new PSU tho, since I'm getting into the territory of maxing out the crappy one I have currently.
Ofcourse I'm not dailying with these settings, its unstable memory wise, unless I have the fans at 100% to keep memory chips lower temp.
Added a pic of the maximum values during a firestrike run.
Well its your pc and you can do whatever you like with it, in the end you are the one who is responsible for it.

Well its your pc and you can do whatever you like with it, in the end you are the one who is responsible for it.
That is true. And its not like I'm complete amateur at overclocking or being clueless of what I'm doing. just slapping 2100MHz and leaving it there is boring, pushing it to the limit is where the fun is for me :)

That is true. And its not like I'm complete amateur at overclocking or being clueless of what I'm doing. just slapping 2100MHz and leaving it there is boring, pushing it to the limit is where the fun is for me :)
I understand and it is more fun not only to push the card to the max limit however to find the max safe and stable limit at the long run as well.

Oben Unten