AMD RED BIOS EDITOR und MorePowerTool - BIOS-Einträge anpassen, optimieren und noch stabiler übertakten | Navi unlimited

You are welcome.

I don't know if memory sometimes has to be clocked down after about 2 years, but I don't see this problem.

Your stock bios is using 975mv for the core as a minimun when the memory is at 2000Mhz, as you can see at the red highlighted values, but the bios you say is the last stable one, is only using 950mv. I don't know if this could cause the problem.
Also in your case is better put the same mv value at the gree highlighted max limit values values.

For what you say I understand that if you put 1.05v at the red and the green values at your stock bios it is stable. But it have memory erros, so maybe the problem are the thimings and that is a thing that I don't know of how to help.

I can do more than change these highlighted values, so there is no need to send to you a bios.

Anhang anzeigen 6767

Memory controller VDDCI or memory voltage MVDDC can't be edited with RBE. You can only edit the minimun coreVDDC that the memory needs for each stage at the red highlighted values or chage the number to get the specified voltage. This voltage is only used for the core if the core mhz droops and its voltage is lower than it, like when core is power throttling or the GPU core usage is low.

Your bios seems to use 850mv for the memory VDDCI, but as I said this is not a thing RBE is shown. I don't know if increasing VDDCI could solve the memory erros. Your bios is using the same type of configuration for the VDDCI than mine and seems to use 850mv aswell. But I dind't have tested to increase the VDDCI as I don't want to damage the gpu, as VDDCI is not software monitired for my gpu and I can't test it whit a multimeter.
I manage to change the VDDCI in one 580 xfx that have software monitoring, showing 950mv as stock. So maybe 950mv could not damage our gpus, but as VRM are different between gpus, I don't want to test this as I don't know if our gpus VRMs could manage that voltage.

As I said I didn't have tested it in my 590. This was working ok with my 380, so I was thinking I should work. I will try to see if it works with my 590.

I don't know what could cause this problem.
Okay, that explains a lot.

I thought that the voltage in the right part was for the memory controller, and I been surprised that the mV when Low load at 1200Mhz is often 1000mV despite the set max 980mV.

Thus, with GPU Z, not the memory voltage but actually the chip voltage is read out.

I made a new BIOS which now runs on all 3 memory states and is stable.

I solved the bug that the boot process is not displayed correctly by simply no longer transmitting my signal via DP but via HDMI.

Now the "Press F2 for BIOS" is displayed to me.

Timings are not the problem for the memory errors, have the same for Stock and for my edit timings.

100Mhz P0s don't work with my RX480, I think that the 590 doesn't work either, but despite the same architecture, it's a different production.

As soon as I understand it, can I enter 850 or 900mV everywhere in the right compartment (min VDDC mV)?

And the upper next to the clock rates of the memory can I set from which chip clock the memory should go to the specified states?

About "PowerTune and Fans", what are "Sensitivity" and "Acoustic Limit MHz" at the RBE for?

Thank you in advance that helped me a lot.

Timings are not the problem for the memory errors, have the same for Stock and for my edit timings.

But do you see less errors or better stablility lowering the memory mhz?, that is the only solution I see to solve this.

100Mhz P0s don't work with my RX480, I think that the 590 doesn't work either, but despite the same architecture, it's a different production.

I will test it to see if ti works for me.

As soon as I understand it, can I enter 850 or 900mV everywhere in the right compartment (min VDDC mV)?

Is better to set one of the number of the min vddv mV list at the specific memory state, and if it is not at the list edit it at the neares one value of the list, as those voltages seems to be used of other powerplay table related to video clocks, but I don't know how it works.

And the upper next to the clock rates of the memory can I set from which chip clock the memory should go to the specified states?

Is not for that, is only for the voltage. At hawaii gpus it can be selected but not for polaris.

About "PowerTune and Fans", what are "Sensitivity" and "Acoustic Limit MHz" at the RBE for?

Thank you in advance that helped me a lot.

Increasing the senditivity value, fans rpm will be increased more quickly.

The Acoustic Limit MHz is usually the dmp 7 core mhzs, but I don't know for what it is used for. If you search it should be explained at somewhere, it seems is named " Minimun Acoustic Limit MHz", but I have used the name that OverdriveNTool is using fo it.

You are welcome.

But do you see less errors or better stablility lowering the memory mhz?, that is the only solution I see to solve this.

I will test it to see if ti works for me.

Is better to set one of the number of the min vddv mV list at the specific memory state, and if it is not at the list edit it at the neares one value of the list, as those voltages seems to be used of other powerplay table related to video clocks, but I don't know how it works.

Is not for that, is only for the voltage. At hawaii gpus it can be selected but not for polaris.

Increasing the senditivity value, fans rpm will be increased more quickly.

The Acoustic Limit MHz is usually the dmp 7 core mhzs, but I don't know for what it is used for. If you search it should be explained at somewhere, it seems is named " Minimun Acoustic Limit MHz", but I have used the name that OverdriveNTool is using fo it.

You are welcome.
So, what U thing about the Minimum and Maximum Volt for the right area?
Minimum @Stock = 850mV and P11 to P15 = 950mV or 900mV?

I've solved the Memory error Problem by UC to 1900MHz, so after 3 Hours Stress Test @FFXV Benchmark with 0 Errors.

But after wake up next day in Idle the Memory is not clock down again so Mem stay at 1900MHz again with 0 Errors.

I haven'd do anything at BIOS or Radeon Software and Rom is locked by CMD.

I dont know why....

So, what U thing about the Minimum and Maximum Volt for the right area?
Minimum @Stock = 850mV and P11 to P15 = 950mV or 900mV?

The porpose of the min vddc mV values list is only to see the list of the the min vddc mV values that you can use for the memory and the one that is used. As I said you only have to select the number of the voltage at the list that you want for it and set it at the right of the memory clock. There is no need to chage all the values. Is better to only change its values if it the one you need is not at the list. Your original bios is using 975mv, it should be the better one, but maybe it could work with 950mV if you don't see any problem, whit lower than that you could have problems.

I've solved the Memory error Problem by UC to 1900MHz, so after 3 Hours Stress Test @FFXV Benchmark with 0 Errors.

But after wake up next day in Idle the Memory is not clock down again so Mem stay at 1900MHz again with 0 Errors.

I haven'd do anything at BIOS or Radeon Software and Rom is locked by CMD.

I dont know why....

What bios are you using?. If you are using your stock bios or one bios of the hellm's thread, I don't know what could be causing that problem.

The porpose of the min vddc mV values list is only to see the list of the the min vddc mV values that you can use for the memory and the one that is used. As I said you only have to select the number of the voltage at the list that you want for it and set it at the right of the memory clock. There is no need to chage all the values. Is better to only change its values if it the one you need is not at the list. Your original bios is using 975mv, it should be the better one, but maybe it could work with 950mV if you don't see any problem, whit lower than that you could have problems.

What bios are you using?. If you are using your stock bios or one bios of the hellm's thread, I don't know what could be causing that problem.
I'm testing the new BIOS with 970mV P12-P15 with 1900MHz, and since 2 Hours its stable with no Errors or any Problems.
I will get more UV for that if its stable after my test, but today its enough. Thank you for that.

I only hope that the Problem with the Memory whos not "Go Back to Idle" is fixed too, but i think the BIOS is not locked, because when i have this Problem GPU-Z Shows 0Mhz at all, Radeon Software is not loading and GPU-Z cant read BIOS.

How i can Lock the Bios?

I have done it by CMD, but sometimes the Bios is deleted

I'm testing the new BIOS with 970mV P12-P15 with 1900MHz, and since 2 Hours its stable with no Errors or any Problems.
I will get more UV for that if its stable after my test, but today its enough. Thank you for that.

I only hope that the Problem with the Memory whos not "Go Back to Idle" is fixed too, but i think the BIOS is not locked, because when i have this Problem GPU-Z Shows 0Mhz at all, Radeon Software is not loading and GPU-Z cant read BIOS.

How i can Lock the Bios?

I have done it by CMD, but sometimes the Bios is deleted
If you GPU-Z Shows 0Mhz at all and Radeon Software is not loading, it means that or something at the bios is wrong or you need the driver patch if you are using a 480 bios. The driver patch have to be applied every time you install the driver if you are using a 480 bios.

I don't know what do you mean with lock the bios, that you have done it by CMD and that sometimes it is deleted. Is it something related to an AMDVbFlash command to unlock the bios?.

If you GPU-Z Shows 0Mhz at all and Radeon Software is not loading, it means that or something at the bios is wrong or you need the driver patch if you are using a 480 bios. The driver patch have to be applied every time you install the driver if you are using a 480 bios.

I don't know what do you mean with lock the bios, that you have done it by CMD and that sometimes it is deleted. Is it something related to an AMDVbFlash command to unlock the bios?.
Yes, amdvbflash -unlockrom 0 for unlock First and for close ( enable write protection )
Amdvbflash -lockrom 0

Then CMD show: Rom locked

Yes, amdvbflash -unlockrom 0 for unlock First and for close ( enable write protection )
Amdvbflash -lockrom 0

Then CMD show: Rom locked
I have never used this command with polaris gpus, I remember to use it to unlock my 380 bios, but I don't remember for what. Also I don't remember to see that this command is needed to be used to flash polaris bioses. I don't know how that amdvbflash command works or if it is related with your problem, sorry. Maybe somebody here could help you with it.

Hallo, ich komme leider nicht weiter.
Ich hab mein VBios mit dem MorePowerTool angepasst und dann mit dem Red BIOS Editor die Einstellungen ins VBios integriert.
Was soweit alles gut geklappt hat.
Nur das Schreiben auf den ROM Chip klappt leider nicht.
Es scheint so, als wäre die CRC-16 Prüfsume nicht okay!?

Hello, I'm not getting any further.
I adjusted my VBios with the MorePowerTool and then integrated the settings into the VBios with the Red BIOS Editor.
What has worked out well so far.
Unfortunately, only writing to the ROM chip does not work.
It seems like the CRC-16 checksum is not okay !?

Unbenannt.png

I have never used this command with polaris gpus, I remember to use it to unlock my 380 bios, but I don't remember for what. Also I don't remember to see that this command is needed to be used to flash polaris bioses. I don't know how that amdvbflash command works or if it is related with your problem, sorry. Maybe somebody here could help you with it.
@mynm @Casi030
I found the problem with the memory on max. Clock.
If I have set 60Hz in the settings, the memory clocks as desired and with the correct mV at 300/1000/1950 MHz and does not cause any problems at 750mV / 950mV / 975mV

However when on 75hz
(Have a 75hz monitor @ 1440p)
it no longer clocks down and stays at 1950mV @ 975mV

Does anyone know how i can solve the problem?

I Will OC my Monitor eventually the problem goes away at 78hz.

Hallo, ich komme leider nicht weiter.
Ich hab mein VBios mit dem MorePowerTool angepasst und dann mit dem Red BIOS Editor die Einstellungen ins VBios integriert.
Was soweit alles gut geklappt hat.
Nur das Schreiben auf den ROM Chip klappt leider nicht.
Es scheint so, als wäre die CRC-16 Prüfsume nicht okay!?

Hello, I'm not getting any further.
I adjusted my VBios with the MorePowerTool and then integrated the settings into the VBios with the Red BIOS Editor.
What has worked out well so far.
Unfortunately, only writing to the ROM chip does not work.
It seems like the CRC-16 checksum is not okay !?

Anhang anzeigen 6944
amdvbflash -p -f 0 rom.rom

CMD als Admin ausführen in den amdvbflash Ordner gehen (cd\ *** ) und dann den o.g. Text eingeben.

@mynm @Casi030
I found the problem with the memory on max. Clock.
If I have set 60Hz in the settings, the memory clocks as desired and with the correct mV at 300/1000/1950 MHz and does not cause any problems at 750mV / 950mV / 975mV

However when on 75hz
(Have a 75hz monitor @ 1440p)
it no longer clocks down and stays at 1950mV @ 975mV

Does anyone know how i can solve the problem?

I Will OC my Monitor eventually the problem goes away at 78hz.
I have read about problems like that, but maybe isn't a problem and is some thing that is needed. I see the same while using two monitors. What I do to solve the problem is to do an OverdriveNTool profile of 300 mhz for the core, locking all the dpm less the P0 one, and 1000mhz /825mv for the memory at P2. Setting lower than 1000mhz for the memory I get screen blinks. This wasn't happenig for drivers from around january to june, when I could use a 300mhz for the core and 400mhz/750mv for the memory without problems. Also you can use a program like MultiRes to change the monitor from 60hz at desktop to 78hz quikly.

Edited:
I have tested to OC mi monitor, and with 76hz I see the same as you, the memory is at 2100mhz. At 75hz it isn't. The OverdriveNTool 300Mhz core and 400 Mhz memory profile is working without screen flikering. I don't know why this is happening, but it seen it's something that is done by purpose, so maybe I guess AMD won't see this as a problem. I don't know where could be the best place to report about the problem.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Servus,

ich habe heute das silent Bios meiner Sapphire RX5700 Pulse in die snowhill Edition geflashed. Das flashen hat ohne Probleme funktioniert.
Super Tools und Tutorials. Danke.

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_4851_1605369895.png1950.PNGneu.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Um mal Luke Skywalker zu zitieren: „Die Rebellion wurde heute wiedergeboren. Der Krieg hat gerade erst begonnen. Und ich werde nicht der letzte Jedi sein.“

Wegen dem neuen MPT beraten wir noch, Näheres dann von Igor. RBE werde ich auch für die 6800er fit machen. Allerdings weiß noch niemand ob das dann nicht vielleicht sinnlos bleiben wird.

Update:
laut @Gurdi scheint doch noch einiges mit der SPPT zu gehen. Mal abwarten was mit dem flashen so los ist.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Moin.
Falls jmd noch die Radeon VII benutzt, wie muss ich Taktraten von > 3000 mhz in 3dmark verstehen. Diese werden mir in 3dmark angezeigt. Aktuell läuft die Karte stabil auf 2043/1300 mit 1160 mv

Vermutlich eine mit Flüssigstickstoff 🥶 gekühlte Radeon VII ... oder durch einen Bug im 3DMark hervorgerufenes Fehlerteufelchen? :devilish:

Ich versuche Mal andere Tools zum Auslesen.

Wichtig ist beim 3DMark das integrierte SystemInfo, welches die verwendete Hard- und Software ausliest, aktuell zu halten.

Was zeigt Dir denn z.B. GPU-Z, HWiNFO64, AIDA64 oder der Radeon Adrenalin Treiber an?

@Igor Wallossek

Hi Igor, weisst du schon näheres über die Takt Modifizierbarkeit des IC ? Lässt oder wird er sich Manipulieren lassen ?

Oben Unten