AMD RED BIOS EDITOR und MorePowerTool - BIOS-Einträge anpassen, optimieren und noch stabiler übertakten | Navi unlimited

Hi Igor,

ich habe eine RX 480 Asus Strix oc 8gb. Ich habe ein von CPU-Z geladenes Bios modifiziert und mittels ATIflash 2.93 übertragen. Leider funktioniert dann das Graka-Bios nicht mehr. Das orginiale lässt sich einwandfrei wieder flashen und starten.
Die original Bios-Datei habe ich angehängt. Bitte schau dir mal an, ob etwas falsch beim Modifizieren geschrieben wird. Im Flash Tool sind auch die angezeigten Größen nicht mehr gleich. Hab alles soweit im Admin ausgeführt und wollte den FAN-IDLE herabsetzen, da die Karte etwas laut läuft.

Vielen Dank,
Moe

Anhänge

• Test.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 5
  • Test_mod.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Für Polaris war mynm zuständig, bitte auch auf Englisch posten, auch gern im internationalen Corner hier im Forum. Oder auch Spanisch, falls du die Sprache beherschst..

Das mit der Dateigröße sollte im aktuellen RBE eigentlich gefixt sein, bei Standardgrößen gabs allerdings nie ein Problem.

Für Polaris war mynm zuständig, bitte auch auf Englisch posten, auch gern im internationalen Corner hier im Forum. Oder auch Spanisch, falls du die Sprache beherschst..

Das mit der Dateigröße sollte im aktuellen RBE eigentlich gefixt sein, bei Standardgrößen gabs allerdings nie ein Problem.
Thank you for the reply. I will ask again in English. Sorry, but I cannot speak Spanish.

Hello together,

I have an Asus Strix RX480 OC with 8gb. I tried to modify the current bios regarding the min. fan speed, since it is kind of loud on standard settings. When I flash the bios afterwards, the card does not work any more. The flash tool shows a different file size, and I think this might be the problem. I attached the files before and after the mod. I used GPU-Z for bios file save and Atiflash 293 for uploading the bios. Then I also tried the flashtool amdvbflash_windows 3.04 from you page. The programs were run under admin rights. I am using the newest RED editor 1.06 from your page. The results were always the same and the modified bios did not work.

Please take a look at the files, whether there is something wrong. Thank you for the help.

Kind regards,
Moe

Anhänge

• Test.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 1
  • Test_mod.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 1
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you for the reply. I will ask again in English. Sorry, but I cannot speak Spanish.

Hello together,

I have an Asus Strix RX480 OC with 8gb. I tried to modify the current bios regarding the min. fan speed, since it is kind of loud on standard settings. When I flash the bios afterwards, the card does not work any more. The flash tool shows a different file size, and I think this might be the problem. I attached the files before and after the mod. I used GPU-Z for bios file save and Atiflash 293 for uploading the bios. Then I also tried the flashtool amdvbflash_windows 3.04 from you page. The programs were run under admin rights. I am using the newest RED editor 1.06 from your page. The results were always the same and the modified bios did not work.

Please take a look at the files, whether there is something wrong. Thank you for the help.

Kind regards,
Moe
Hello Moe

I have looked at your biose with an hexadecimal editor, both files have the same size and the mod you did to the idle pwm from 35% to 30% is ok.
I also have tested to mod my 590 256KB bios idle pwm value and I can flash it without problems. So I don't know what is wrong, and I don't know how to solve your problem, sorry. If it is a problem related only to rx400 gpus, maybe someone here could test and confirm this.

Hello mynm,

thanks for looking into. I found out, if I switch the bios to an rx580 the graphics card does start up. But I cannot use the rx580 settings, since card does not go down to its original wattage any more. So I do not known whether this switch does something different in the backgroud.

Nevertheless there is something I have seen in the atiflashtool (here I have also seen the different image sizes, but this seems to be different every time.). The thing I wanted to mention is, the name of the graphics card. If I flash to test_mod, the name of the card is not rx480, it is "ATI Radoen Polaris 10". So the card forgets its name. With the rx580 bios, it does it correct. I attached the screenshots of the flashtool.

I have seen your tool on "cracky64" twitch channel lately. But obviously my card has its own behavior, thanks anyways.

Have a good weekend and stay save.

Regards,
Moe

Anhänge

• before flash to test from rx580.PNG
    before flash to test from rx580.PNG
    42,2 KB · Aufrufe : 15
  • before flash to test from rx 480.PNG
    before flash to test from rx 480.PNG
    35 KB · Aufrufe : 19
  • before flash to test_mod.PNG
    before flash to test_mod.PNG
    41,8 KB · Aufrufe : 20
  • Test_mod_rx580.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 2
Nachdem ich meinen Arbeitsspeicher ans Limit gebracht habe und der sweet Spot der CPU ausgelotet ist freue ich mich jetzt darauf die Navi 10 zu tweaken.

Habe leider kein dual BIOS ...
Aber zur Not tut es beim flash dann ja ne Karte aus der Gruschelkiste ( hoffe ich).

Gruß

Hello mynm,

thanks for looking into. I found out, if I switch the bios to an rx580 the graphics card does start up. But I cannot use the rx580 settings, since card does not go down to its original wattage any more. So I do not known whether this switch does something different in the backgroud.

Nevertheless there is something I have seen in the atiflashtool (here I have also seen the different image sizes, but this seems to be different every time.). The thing I wanted to mention is, the name of the graphics card. If I flash to test_mod, the name of the card is not rx480, it is "ATI Radoen Polaris 10". So the card forgets its name. With the rx580 bios, it does it correct. I attached the screenshots of the flashtool.

I have seen your tool on "cracky64" twitch channel lately. But obviously my card has its own behavior, thanks anyways.

Have a good weekend and stay save.

Regards,
Moe

If I remember now correctly, 480 GPUs are needing a driver path before the bios flash, that you can download here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

580 bioes aren't needing the patch, so that your gpu is working with the bios renamed to 580.

The patch should solve your problem if your problem is that you see a message in Windows saying that your gpu is not compatible with the driver or some thing like that. I didn't have remembered the patch thing, sorry.

About the wattage problem, I remember to see something about it at hellm's thread, and if I remember correctly is only it isn't well monitored by the software tools when using a 580 bios with an rx400 gpu. I don't remember if the problem can be solved.

I will see the name thing, the mod is done with the OC.net hellm's thread data. So I was thinking all the 480 were having the same "ATI Radoen Polaris 10" name, but yours have it like "rx480" etc. But I don't think this is a problem, as nobody had problems with this at hellm's thread.

I don't know who cracky64 is.

Have a good weekend and stay save you too.

Regards

Hi mynm,

it worked, thank you very much!

Regards,
Moe

You are welcome, I am glad it works for you.

Regards.

Moin, ich habe ein Problem mit meiner RX480 Gaming X (8GB)....

Mir ist aufgefallen, dass der Unterschied zwischen 1200MHz und Stock @1303MHz extrem minimal ist, getestet in 3D Mark, Kombustor, BF4, FFXV Benchmark und Fortnite
(FN Stürzt am schnellsten ab, habt ihr das auch? )

Laut meinem Strommesser ist der Verbrauch aber extrem gesunken und habe jetzt seit Monaten 1200Mhz@ 0,995V bei 85Watt laut HW Info und AFB.

Anfangs weil ich die Karte gebraucht gekauft hatte musste ich sie 2 Mal 30 min in den Ofen stecken weil die Karte trotz erhöhtem Power Limit nicht stabil an den max. Takt kam, seit dem laufen auch 1400Mhz bei 1,24V stabil.

Problem ist aber dass der Speicher @Stock ständig Fehler laut HW Info bekommt bis der Treiber abstürzt, also habe ich bei HxD die Speicher Spannung von 950mV ( B603 ) auf 975mV (03D4) geändert und den MemControler auf 950mV UV, und das hat geholfen, aber es kommen tzd vereinzelt noch Fehler auf und Selbst beim OC auf 2050MHz stürzt die Karte aufgrund von Fehlern ab.

Achso, und obwohl ich die Spannung bei DPM 7 auf 980mV habe und die Max. Spannung bei 990mV eingestellt ist liegen bei keiner Last manchmal 1V an.

Ansonsten habe ich folgende Einstellungen via RBE eingestellt:

Edit: Das BIOS habe ich auf 580 geändert, um den Pixelclock Patcher nicht zu benötigen, und den 3. MemState zu haben.
Ich hatte Mal ein BIOS gehabt was funktionierte, aber meistens nimmt der Treiber nur 2 oder manchmal auch nur einen State an. Bedeutet der Speicher taktet sich entweder nicht mehr runter oder ist nur auf 1Ghz

Anhänge

• Screenshot (49).png
    Screenshot (49).png
    22,5 KB · Aufrufe : 21
  • Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    20,5 KB · Aufrufe : 20
  • Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    45 KB · Aufrufe : 20
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Edit: Das BIOS habe ich auf 580 geändert, um den Pixelclock Patcher nicht zu benötigen, und den 3. MemState zu haben.
Ich hatte Mal ein BIOS gehabt was funktionierte, aber meistens nimmt der Treiber nur 2 oder manchmal auch nur einen State an. Bedeutet der Speicher taktet sich entweder nicht mehr runter oder ist nur auf 1Ghz
Hello d.baekler, sorry but I made a mistake and the third memory state values shouldn't can be editable or seen with a 480 bios with and id change to 580, so the third memory state isn't working. Don't change the third memory state values. I will try to solve the problem.

Hey @mynm ,
Thank you in advance for the answer. I edited the bios myself and comes from my GPU. I didn't notice the previous post, so the problem is mine. The 3rd state works with an original 580 BIOS, but the power consumption is read out slightly offset, although the same elements were actually used. I could use the 580 BIOS and ignore the consumption, but can I change the values for determining the performance so that the values are correct again?

No, i am sorry, there has been no fix for the false power reading with a 480 BIOS switched to a 580 GPU ID.

Okay, und mit dem Speicher?
Gibt es da Lösungswege?
Und allgm. mit der Spannung, da die ja eigendlich stimmt, aber im Leerlauf beim Hohen Takt Höher ist?

About the atiflashtool graphics card name, I have rememberesd how the mod works it RBE, and it seems atiflashtool graphics card name is not related to the changes in the name I did with RBE, 400 gpus are using ELLESMERE as name, 570 and 580 are using POLARIS20 and 590 are using POLARIS30. So I don't know why atiflashtool graphics card name is changing for you, is no something my mod is doing.

Regards

Hey @mynm ,
Thank you in advance for the answer. I edited the bios myself and comes from my GPU. I didn't notice the previous post, so the problem is mine. The 3rd state works with an original 580 BIOS, but the power consumption is read out slightly offset, although the same elements were actually used. I could use the 580 BIOS and ignore the consumption, but can I change the values for determining the performance so that the values are correct again?

You are welcome. I did a mod to the RBE and now the problem is solved. Now 400 bioses can have three mem states and 500 bioses can have two if them have these number of states. But I don't remember if 500 bioses can work with two mem states or 400 bioses can work with three.

About using a 580 bios in a 480, I don't think is a good idea, it will need a VOI table mod, and maybe some changes in vddci at the powerplay table and in othe table more. Also there are differences in how vddci is working between the different gpu vendos and the different voltage regulators with differnt configurations for each one.

Maybe is better to use your 480 bios and only change the id to 580 if you don't want to use the driver patch, but there is the false power reading problem. Also adding a third mem state to the 480 bioses could involve changes in other table, not only at powerplay.

I would like to have tested with a multimeter if these changes in vddci whit a 480 to 580 bios mod are working well, as at most of the gpus vddci is not software monitored. But I can't do it and nobody have tested it or I don't remember.

So I think the best is to use the driver patch, and don't add mem states for 400 bios mods. For using a 580 bios in 570 if the bios is similar could be easyer if you are using a bios of the same vendor.

Regards

@mynm

So VDDCI is read out in GPU-Z, and corresponds to the core voltige, as I understand it was VDDCI memory, Vddc memory controller and VID GPU core (?) How can I then change the maximum value of these 3 values, and should I allow more or less amps in the RBE?

Do you know how I solve the problem with the memory errors? I changed the timings without anything having changed, except for the performance, because the errors remain the same as with the Stock Bios.

I used these timings: 777000000000000022CC1C00CEE55C46C0590E1532CD66090060070014051420FA8900A00300000012123442C3353C19

And one more question, I got the B550 Gaming plus, it says before booting, there is No GoP detected in this card.

In addition, I don't see a boot with "press Ent for BIOS" when booting, just the Windows loading screen and then the image goes out and comes back in the desktop, which I don't have with another card.

#Edit. Where i can find Ur RBE Mod?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
VDDCI can't be changed with RBE, the way to mod it chages depending on the gpu and I think is not worth to be changed, so that I didn't have include it at RBE. It isn't the min vddc that you can change in RBE that is only a min VDDC for the per dpm memory clocks.
The maximun VDDC can be changed at RBE in the manual and the auto part at Max limit, is better to change both, but them can be edited separately. The manual max VDDC limit is used in wattman at manual mode and at the software tools, in this mode the voltage is constat for per dpm. The auto max vddc limit used as the default voltage and at wattman in auto mode, in this mode the voltages for one clock are chagin in a reange of 25mv acording to the gpu temp.

I don't know about timings.

About the GoP, I don't know how it works, my mobo is too old and don't use it, so I don't know how it works. I think hellm says some thing about it at is OC.net thread.

@mynm
But i need to Fix the Memory Errors, and my edit from 0.95 to 0.975V has increase that a Bit.
For VDDCI i have used HxD

I think is not worth it to change the VDDCI for the memory errors, changing it could damage the gpu. I remember buildzoid saying in some video that he have damaged a polaris gpu increasing a little bit the VDDCI, and that also increasing the MVVDC is not doing anything for OCing.

What you could try is to incresing the min VDDC for the higher memory clock to the dpm 7 voltage one, so that in case your gpu drops the clock it will stay at that voltage. My 590 needs a minimun of 912mv for the VDDC for 2100mhz.

If you could upload the stock bios and your modded bios I could see what you did and see if in your gpu VDDCI or even MVDDC, but as I said maybe is not worth the effort.

Ohje,

da hätte ich wohl nicht beim Einkauf sparen sollen. Bei meiner 5700 xt pulse versagt die Kühlung wenn ich 250 Watt freigebe. Aber immerhin 2050 mhz stabil. nach einer Minute ist die Hotspot Temp bei über 100 Grad und die Lüfterdrehzahl kommt garnicht hinterher. Hat jemand schon erfahrung mit der Pulse gemacht?
Die Mehrleistung ist ja echt nicht zu verachten nur die Lüftergeschwindigkeit ... .

viele Grüße Markus

Oben Unten