AMD RED BIOS EDITOR und MorePowerTool - BIOS-Einträge anpassen, optimieren und noch stabiler übertakten | Navi unlimited

Hex is just another way to look at binary data. 4 bits (binary digits) are one digit in hexadecimal.

To your question, i can't give you a complete answer. But i can give you some data here..
Code :
uint8_t         GfxclkSource;         // 0 = PLL, 1 = DFLL
the offset of this byte is 0x67F
Code :
uint8_t           dBtcGbGfxDfllModelSelect;  //0 -> fused piece-wise model, 1 -> piece-wise linear(PPTable), 2 -> quadratic model(PPTable)
this one would be at offset 0x734

Update:
Beide Bytes sind (noch) nicht im MPT inbegriffen, werde ich mal auf die Liste setzen. Wenn ihr schon damit experimentieren wollt, Hexeditor (ich kann HxD empfehlen) nutzen, .mpt-Datei laden und dort aufs Offset nochmal 0x100 dazu zählen. Speichern, ins MPT laden und in die Registry schreiben oder Registry-Datei erstellen. Alle nicht im MPT anwählbaren Daten bleiben selbstverständlich erhalten.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
@Veii scheint die kurve entschlüsselt zu haben.
Das bestätigt das die rdna2 kurve nichts mit der alten Formel zu tun hat.
Nun hab ich es korrekt
Mehr ein wenig später mit weniger halbwissen

Was wäre diese "alte Formel" ?
Es ist PLL droop & AVFS balancing , auf PSM-Margins. Ne Zwiebel

@PJVol i'll assist a bit later
Struggle to understand DFLL & PLL behavior of clocksync
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/te...es-exponential-and-piecewise-linear-analysis/ and how this functions

But you are right
1660685224748.png1660685268648.png
It's multi layered
Give it time and i'll put a more technical writeup out
If friend is not faster.

Still need to find LkgID data

.... mein Sommersetting für die 6800 ist jetzt bei ca. 109W avg. (tgp) bei nem PL von 153W (tgp)
Mit der RX6900XT und dem langsamsten Profil (Taktbegrenzung) bei rund 100-107Watt schaut es schon völlig anders aus.
just for fun, komme jetzt auch ohne Taktbegrenzung im Gravity auf Wattspitzen nahe am PL=115W (tgp), ... durch PL=-8 !?
... ist also jetzt net mehr so, das Gravity das PL net ausnutzen kann, warum auch immer, ... funzt auch in der UE5-Demo
das aktuelle Setting ist jetzt 6mV höher im MPT als das Alte, ... solange die Watt reichen, why not
(muss vermutlich dann nur in Games die Settings für Licht+Schatten etwas reduzieren, damits im Teilllastmodus bleibt, ... ansonsten
brauche ich für heavy Games dann nur das PL von -8 auf +15 erhöhen, quasi Spielraum mit 2 WM-Settings von 115W bis 144W, ... ohne
das MPT nochmal anfassen zu müssen)

edit: das PL-8 wird nach m.E. auch korrekt vom Treiber erkannt,... z.Vgl. kurzer Schnappschuss mit HW-Info in Bild3

Anhänge

• Gravitybench2273@893-816_2046FT_TDV768_fclk1500.jpg
    Gravitybench2273@893-816_2046FT_TDV768_fclk1500.jpg
    1,5 MB · Aufrufe : 10
  • UE5-Zeta@1836p-Custom.jpg
    [email protected]
    1,6 MB · Aufrufe : 11
  • Gravity2273@893-818_2046FT_TDV768_fclk1500.jpg
    Gravity2273@893-818_2046FT_TDV768_fclk1500.jpg
    444,5 KB · Aufrufe : 17
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hex is just another way to look at binary data. 4 bits (binary digits) are one digit in hexadecimal.

To your question, i can't give you a complete answer. But i can give you some data here..
Code :
uint8_t         GfxclkSource;         // 0 = PLL, 1 = DFLL
the offset of this byte is 0x67F
Code :
uint8_t           dBtcGbGfxDfllModelSelect;  //0 -> fused piece-wise model, 1 -> piece-wise linear(PPTable), 2 -> quadratic model(PPTable)
this one would be at offset 0x734

Update:
Beide Bytes sind (noch) nicht im MPT inbegriffen, werde ich mal auf die Liste setzen. Wenn ihr schon damit experimentieren wollt, Hexeditor (ich kann HxD empfehlen) nutzen, .mpt-Datei laden und dort aufs Offset nochmal 0x100 dazu zählen. Speichern, ins MPT laden und in die Registry schreiben oder Registry-Datei erstellen. Alle nicht im MPT anwählbaren Daten bleiben selbstverständlich erhalten.
Thanks, l've looked at it. Indeed, clock source is DFLL and prefered droop model is piecewise linear (correct offset for the GfxclkSource is 0x0680 ).

So back to the prev point, is there a chance we could edit Overdrive table in MPT? As far as I could see it is not part of the driver dedicated PP_Table.
Mostly interested in these values, especially VddGfxOffset (ain't it nice to have a completely "wattman-less" tuning tool?):
Code :
typedef struct {
  uint16_t               GfxclkFmin;           // MHz
  uint16_t               GfxclkFmax;           // MHz
  QuadraticInt_t         CustomGfxVfCurve;     // a: mV/MHz^2, b: mv/MHz, c: mV
  uint16_t               CustomCurveFmin;      // MHz
  uint16_t               UclkFmin;             // MHz
  uint16_t               UclkFmax;             // MHz
  int16_t                OverDrivePct;         // %
  int16_t                VddGfxOffset;         // in mV
} OverDriveTable_t;

Give it time and i'll put a more technical writeup out
If friend is not faster.
Thanks, Alas! )
Is your friend Sam Naffziger by any chance?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
The structure used in the PowerPlay_Info Table (the name of the real Data Table) is not found in the driver_if :
So the PPTable_t is a structure inside the PowerPlay_Info Table. The overdrive_table is somehow the same structure, but there are two of them, for the maximum and minimum, for the actual overdrive settings. With Overdrive 8 you can set these values for the OverDriveTable_t structure for the SMU. So, you already can edit these values with MPT (Overdrive tab), which are the min/max from the PowerPlay_Info Table (=SPPT), and with MCU you can edit the actual settings for the driver, which would be the structure form your link.
RDNA1 has the OD8_GFXCLK_CURVE feature enabled, where the RDNA2 only has OD8_GFXCLK_FMAX / OD8_GFXCLK_FMIN to set. I don't know what the driver makes of it, but i guess the min/max is the way to go for RDNA2, i wouldn't want to force it back to RDNA1 methods.

RDNA1 has the OD8_GFXCLK_CURVE feature enabled, where the RDNA2 only has OD8_GFXCLK_FMAX / OD8_GFXCLK_FMIN to set
Damn, it took me a while to realize you're talking about ADL, and not amdgpu, lol.
I don't know what the driver makes of it, but i guess the min/max is the way to go for RDNA2, i wouldn't want to force it back to RDNA1 methods.
OD gfx min/max is there in navi10 headers, I believe they're just ignored if related feature is disabled:
C++ :
static int navi10_od_edit_dpm_table(struct smu_context *smu, enum PP_OD_DPM_TABLE_COMMAND type, long input[], uint32_t size) {
    switch (type) {
    case PP_OD_EDIT_SCLK_VDDC_TABLE:
        if (!navi10_od_feature_is_supported(od_settings, SMU_11_0_ODCAP_GFXCLK_LIMITS)) {
            dev_warn(smu->adev->dev, "GFXCLK_LIMITS not supported!\n");
            return -ENOTSUPP;
        }
        if (!table_context->overdrive_table) {
            dev_err(smu->adev->dev, "Overdrive is not initialized\n");
            return -EINVAL;
        }

with MCU you can edit the actual settings for the driver
Yeah, it works fine, and would definitely fit as the MPT upgrade.

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.19/source/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/swsmu/smu11/navi10_ppt.c#L2578

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thanks, Alas! )
Is your friend Sam Naffziger by any chance?
Another friend :)
Got to know that piece-wise linear model is not exactly used & up to SKU
It works if defined, but by stock is not

I think curve told
Is Quadratic Model , or SpeedShift model ?
Makes me wonder why AMD has to implement 4 DFLL models
Also it's fascinating to see that 6x50XT lineup actually got work put, to remake it
It's not just an LC REF to 6950XT change, with barely any chip & chip-bios defined changes

Other 6x50 lineups actually have fully remade curve and offsets. Nothing copy pasted or reused (started from scratch)

This can be useful for future search reference
1660829896918.png

I keep getting told MPT is outdated,
But my opinion is a bit different. It's lack of cooperative work, that's all
Everyone focuses on their projects. I'm borrowed somewhere else, all i can say is soon it's all fine and equal ground
My part is digging in bios & playing with toys/curve, friends part is researching curve and focusing on access
Hopefully my part, cheese cutting away RSA check, makes more progress
* borrowed with limited teaching, rather curve/clock experience used ~ but restricted information access

But at least with SOC curve focus, now mem till 2537 works ~ that makes me happy. Progress is made
dptyGva.png

Here reposted again, soo 6900XTXH users can copy SOC curve
As basic as it gets ~ ignore GFX, lack of LkgID access makes universal curves building more than troublesome
// it's a mess that only works on my card but needs more positive on B for other cards
SOC at least i can confirm is correct for 2448 strap (daily) ~ on 16gbps and 18gbps models
// nothing fancy on voltages or other freq changed, should be replicable
... i think also for 6800 users it could be fine, except for timings difference and clock restriction. Voltages should be fine
r2r1at8.png

Anhänge

• gfx_v10_0_GoldenValue.txt
    405,3 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Makes me wonder why AMD has to implement 4 DFLL models
I beleive other three is either legacy/backup or for the not yet released SKUs.
If I get it right, current AVFS model actually don't need any fuses and their BTC correction with some quadratic transfer function for each voltage island, since DFLL together with the adaptable voltage margin approach solves most of the problems, such as VFT variation and AC noise dependency, and other timing issues.

If I get it right, current AVFS model actually don't need any fuses and their BTC correction with some quadratic transfer function for each voltage island, since DFLL together with the adaptable voltage margin approach solves most of the problems, such as VFT variation and AC noise dependency, and other timing issues.
Can you tell me a bit more on the BTC topic. I struggle to understand 4 things
GFX DFF BTC
FLL BTC for L3
FLL itself for resume
& DC BTC as a functionality/sensor itself

It follows PSM Margins. Has a fixed range
And appears that many voltage values depend on it

DC BTC is odd,, i miss information
Too much bitcoin search results to figure out it's real usage)

EDIT:
Soo, DC-, tolerance & bus tie contactor
Both droops based on voltage islands of AVFS ~ withing margins allowed ?
Higher value, more constant supply?)

You surely know what a bus tie contactor does ?
Later/Default value is "per-sku based".
Idk what i can spoiler, but Piece-Wise Linear. droop is not working on 6700/6750 ~ but it might change

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Don't forget the DPM descriptors:
Code :
DpmDescriptor_t DpmDescriptor[13];
typedef struct {
  uint8_t        VoltageMode;         // 0 - AVFS only, 1- min(AVFS,SS), 2-SS only
  uint8_t        SnapToDiscrete;      // 0 - Fine grained DPM, 1 - Discrete DPM
  uint8_t        NumDiscreteLevels;   // Set to 2 (Fmin, Fmax) when using fine grained DPM, otherwise set to # discrete levels used
  uint8_t        Padding;         
  LinearInt_t    ConversionToAvfsClk; // Transfer function to AVFS Clock (GHz->GHz)
  typedef struct {           
  uint32_t m;  // store in IEEE float format in this variable
  uint32_t b;  // store in IEEE float format in this variable
  } LinearInt_t;
  QuadraticInt_t SsCurve;             // Slow-slow curve (GHz->V)
  typedef struct {           
  uint32_t a;  // store in IEEE float format in this variable
  uint32_t b;  // store in IEEE float format in this variable
  uint32_t c;  // store in IEEE float format in this variable
  } QuadraticInt_t
  uint16_t       SsFmin;              // Fmin for SS curve. If SS curve is selected, will use V@SSFmin for F <= Fmin
  uint16_t       Padding16;   
  } DpmDescriptor_t;

Can you tell me a bit more on the BTC topic. I struggle to understand 4 things
GFX DFF BTC
FLL BTC for L3
FLL itself for resume
& DC BTC as a functionality/sensor itself

It follows PSM Margins. Has a fixed range
And appears that many voltage values depend on it

DC BTC is odd,, i miss information
Too much bitcoin search results to figure out it's real usage)

EDIT:
Soo, DC-, tolerance & bus tie contactor
Both droops based on voltage islands of AVFS ~ withing margins allowed ?
Higher value, more constant supply?)

You surely know what a bus tie contactor does ?
Where did you see "GFX DFF BTC"? Have never seen that. FLL is common term, DFLL - is fully digital frequency locked loop.
BTC stands for Boot Time Calibration, it runs every boot to calibrate various fuses or previously stored values, for example used in interpolating three points VT model - VTmin, VTinversion, VTmax exploiting the temperature inversion.
All DcBTC values supposedly used by SMU to determine target voltage for a certain IP block according to previously established or fused guardbands (gb).
DC Tolerance may refer to additional gb gained relative to AC ones defined at ATE, but I'm not sure.
And they could well correlate with the corresponding PSM margins, which initially could be used to determine Vmin for the PSM input to update fused counts with the values it generated, and which are SMU takes into account later.

Never heard of "bus tie contactor", sorry ))

Don't know yet what exactly SS-model is, but SS usually referes to a process corner in FET design. I can assume that SS FETs (slow NFET and slow PFET) has higher switching capacitance and so lower work frequencies.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
"SS" means "Slow-slow curve (GHz->V)" in AMD language.

Exactly so, but then I dare to ask, how do you think the term "Slow-slow" could supposedly designate or characterize VF curve itself?

It's AMD. They are not really good in naming things, look at the Ac/Dc stuff. :rolleyes:

"SS" means "Slow-slow curve (GHz->V)" in AMD language.
I thought it is SpeedStep or SmartShift
They indeed are not good with names

@PJVol Thank you for the explanation
PSM falls into it too, as it has upper boundries and is read as some kind of constant voltage value or margin
DC Tolerance may refer to additional gb gained relative to AC ones defined at ATE, but I'm not sure.
I'm not exactly confident on it, as all i find about DFLL and PLL ~ have to do with ext clock crystals
Take a look at this dump

Anhänge

• KXTX_Dump.txt
    24,9 KB · Aufrufe : 4
Here you can learn about dfll on the example of "some embodiment" :)
() - FLL_V4-14fev.pdf

Though I beleive AMD uses slightly different approach, such as sensor (or frequency sampler in their terminology) implementation and etc

And the purpose of FLLs seem to me quite the opposite of what the external clock source is intended for.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
What does DfllModel 3 mean? Per part piecewise linear? The same as for the Navi 23.
Model 3 is undocumented,
0 = fused on chip piece-wise
1 = ROM per chip & PP Table offset ~ piece-wise
2 = quadratic PP Table model converted to AVFS
3 = undocumented and dynamic
I'm sorry ~ give it 1-2 weeks more

Thank you for the document, i'll try to study it 🙇‍♂️

Interesting is SS section looks to be per frequency with quadratic model
Mostly interesting from last days is:
~ not only VMAX per curve limits GFX VMAX & has F-MAX targets , which driver follows (PP Table)
~ Bioses for 6800, 6900, 6950 SKU come with same per-chip calibration offsets/limit, just with different post AVFS offsets
(same V/F, different higher range, soo different main offset ?)
~ MEM limit is a DPM strap limit , unclear if still timing issue on non 6X50 bioses sub 6800 SKU // annoyingly encrypted but not Bios RSA
~ SOC curve somehow is messy ?, UCLK issue ? , it is not IMC nor MVDD (mem) that limits back MCLK OC & translates perfectly between 16 & 18gbps models (not special binning)

It does look to be a driver peak voltage issue that limits higher voltage and higher limits in general
But i somehow refuse to believe. Actually it might make sense if it fails AVFS and falls back to 500MHz failsafe.

Also what is GamingClk :unsure:
The same as for the Navi 23.
I don't think Navi 23 is allowed to use piece-wise
Navi 22 is not unless something is bugged.
Also "guess" that Navi 22 is newer than 21 xx50, in the featurset.

All i can see is that curve changes from Bios + LkgID calibration (RTC?) & additive offsets
Soo Navi 21 on piece-wise #1 , if selected ... on KXTX , have a better SOC curve for example ~~ but should behave identical in GFX (where is VMAX limit really??)
(mostly the change between 6900 v071,6900REF v060, 6950 v071)
But 22 and very likely (sorry i have zero here) , Navi 23 ~ are different
They are not operating on #1 DFLL

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten