Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Unfortunaly no sucess:

I cannot start my system with the GPU connected. I have a Asus B250. Every-time I connect the GPU before I power on my computer it appears a black screen, so i have to unplug the USB cable of the riser from the motherboard. Only after it boots the Windows OS I connect the usb cable. But the system doesn´t identify the GPU.

1.I´ve followed the instructions from the DDU and uninstalled the drivers in safe mode. Choose all the Options of the AMD Card, and them Clean and Restart.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 13.47.24.jpeg

2. Have restart de System in safe mode (had to disconnect the GPU and reconnect it again,), used the file, GV-RX57XTGAMINH OC... and it didn´t work.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 13.51.29.jpeg

Amdvbflash and Gpu Z and also Windows can´t identify the GPU. Perhaps I`m doing something wrong.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 13.47.24-5.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 13.47.24-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 13.47.24-4.jpeg

This is the tutorial i have followed:

Everything went fine, and every steps were successful done (my GPU only had one rom, not two as the video) until i restart the system. After restarting windows it appeared a black screen and the GPU become unrecognized but the system.

Unfortunaly no sucess:

I cannot start my system with the GPU connected. I have a Asus B250. Every-time I connect the GPU before I power on my computer it appears a black screen, so i have to unplug the USB cable of the riser from the motherboard. Only after it boots the Windows OS I connect the usb cable. But the system doesn´t identify the GPU.

1.I´ve followed the instructions from the DDU and uninstalled the drivers in safe mode. Choose all the Options of the AMD Card, and them Clean and Restart.

Anhang anzeigen 8425

2. Have restart de System in safe mode (had to disconnect the GPU and reconnect it again,), used the file, GV-RX57XTGAMINH OC... and it didn´t work.

Anhang anzeigen 8426

Amdvbflash and Gpu Z and also Windows can´t identify the GPU. Perhaps I`m doing something wrong.

Anhang anzeigen 8427

Anhang anzeigen 8430

Anhang anzeigen 8431

This is the tutorial i have followed:

Everything went fine, and every steps were successful done (my GPU only had one rom, not two as the video) until i restart the system. After restarting windows it appeared a black screen and the GPU become unrecognized but the system.
Please read the thread below,

I was able to use an old motherboard and enter in the GPU Bios and update the original.rom

B0C72288-0BA3-4705-AF43-AFC38B67A2E5.jpeg
After putting again the GPU on the B250 motherboard the problem remains almost the same.
86180323-B845-4532-B88E-F7C5615DFB34.jpeg62F9DF7D-1375-47C1-8D53-E5F520B8FD34.jpeg

Finally made it :) Sucess!

I was flashing it wrong using -s instead of -p.

Thank you all for your collaboration. Now i have to check how i can flash it again. I know there is here some instructions.

I was reading some posts of your "Mini_Me" and i found this:
H,

Yes, the new version of the Gigabyte bios is signed,

The trick is to mod the new bios without flashing it back after that revert back to an older version of Gigabyte bios which is unsigned and after that flash the modified bios,

For now, if you already have a modified copy of the last bios then you need only to revert back to an old unsigned bios and after that you will be able to flash the modified one,

You may have a good day,

Regards
So I need to go to Gigabyte website and download an older Bios and then do again what i have done before, but now it should work, right?

Finally made it :) Sucess!

I was flashing it wrong using -s instead of -p.

Thank you all for your collaboration. Now i have to check how i can flash it again. I know there is here some instructions.
That's a good news to hear, please read the guide thoroughly and remember to set below in asus b250 motherboard bios,

- Graphics Configuration, set,
Primary Display: CPU Graphics,
RC6(Render Standby): Disabled,

- DMI/OPI Configuration, set,
DMI Max Link Speed: Gen3,

- PEG Port Configuration, set,
PCIEx16_1 Link Speed: Gen3,

- PCH Configuration, PCI Express Configuration, set,
PCI-E Speed: Gen2 (Gen3 if available).

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I was reading some posts of your "Mini_Me" and i found this:

So I need to go to Gigabyte website and download an older Bios and then do again what i have done before, but now it should work, right?
Please read the guide in the kindly attached link below thoroughly,

Greetings,

Please test the vbios files in the kindly attached link below and update whenever it is possible, the vram timings of the below vbios files were already modified with Apple straps, you can now modify the power table and make your modified vbios with RedBiosEditor and reflash it again,
Anybody who tested these 2 vbios files care to update whether these are working or not?

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this thread ever since it was created. I learned a lot from here!

I have a question related to the cards I am using. I am using 2 identical Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G cards. The difference is that one is rev 1 and the other is rev 2. I bios mod-flashed them with the exact same settings and I have similar settings for both cards in phoenix miner too. But notice how the 1st card (rev 1) uses 118w and the other (rev 2) uses 142w. This is not a sensor or software reading issue because I've confirmed the consumption using a watt meter.

Hope someone could shed some light on this!

1607644377314.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello everyone,

I want to say thanks for the hard work that you have done for us @Mini_Me @AlleyCat

I and one good friend of mine Bought 7x Sapphire pulse RX5700 XT BE and 2x Sapphire NITRO+ RADEON RX 5700 XT SE to set up a rig.

Used one card Sapphire pulse RX5700 XT BE Option 2 (Universal), to test the method applying VRAM timings as below for both Samsung and Micron like before

Didn't apply the MorePowerTool that you guys provided in the previous pages and I am getting out:

Model Sapphire RX 5700 XT 8GB 113-1E4260U-O4E
Clocks 1385/910 781mV
Hashrate 56.02 MH/s
1350mv/850mv
Power 110 W
°C/Fan 50°C / 36%
GPU Edge: 50°C
GPU Asic: 54°C
GPU Mem: 78°C

And the other 2 cards I am getting

Model Sapphire RX 5700 XT 8GB 113-410XT-XO1
Clocks 1385/910 781mV
Hashrate 52.59 MH/s
1350mv/850mv
Power 97 W
°C/Fan 41°C
GPU Edge: 45°C
GPU Asic: 50°C
GPU Mem: 68°C

The only thing is that I am using SMOS instead of HIVEOS this shouldn't be a problem, right?

What can I do to increase the hash power to better and safe of course number 58ish?

I am using the tools that you provided to mod the bios and my home computer on windows that I am not so familiar with OC settings msi afterburner/amd radeon crash- keep in mind that I use the GPU for the system maybe this is the reason?

And with PhoenixMiner_5.3b_Windows I am getting "incorrect eth share from gpu" message.

Thanks

Hello everyone. I have 3x sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro+ SE. After 1 day of mining i realized that on first card bios switch button is all to the left, and on the other two its to the right. I was building rig with my friend so maybe he accidentaly moved that button on the other cards. Card have 3 bios you can choose. I guess you are familiar with that. So we bios moded cards in Red Bios Editor. So please tell me what i just havec done to my cards, did i messed up? Bcs first position is Performance mode, middle one is Silent mode and third one is software switch mode. As i can see my first card(GPU 0) in rig is on correct position, and other two are in software switch mode. Can you please give me advice what to do. Shoud i turn of rig and try to put back stock bios?

Hello everyone,

I want to say thanks for the hard work that you have done for us @Mini_Me @AlleyCat

I and one good friend of mine Bought 7x Sapphire pulse RX5700 XT BE and 2x Sapphire NITRO+ RADEON RX 5700 XT SE to set up a rig.

Used one card Sapphire pulse RX5700 XT BE Option 2 (Universal), to test the method applying VRAM timings as below for both Samsung and Micron like before

Didn't apply the MorePowerTool that you guys provided in the previous pages and I am getting out:

Model Sapphire RX 5700 XT 8GB 113-1E4260U-O4E
Clocks 1385/910 781mV
Hashrate 56.02 MH/s
1350mv/850mv
Power 110 W
°C/Fan 50°C / 36%
GPU Edge: 50°C
GPU Asic: 54°C
GPU Mem: 78°C

And the other 2 cards I am getting

Model Sapphire RX 5700 XT 8GB 113-410XT-XO1
Clocks 1385/910 781mV
Hashrate 52.59 MH/s
1350mv/850mv
Power 97 W
°C/Fan 41°C
GPU Edge: 45°C
GPU Asic: 50°C
GPU Mem: 68°C

The only thing is that I am using SMOS instead of HIVEOS this shouldn't be a problem, right?

What can I do to increase the hash power to better and safe of course number 58ish?

I am using the tools that you provided to mod the bios and my home computer on windows that I am not so familiar with OC settings msi afterburner/amd radeon crash- keep in mind that I use the GPU for the system maybe this is the reason?

And with PhoenixMiner_5.3b_Windows I am getting "incorrect eth share from gpu" message.

Thanks
Hello and welcome,

Let us verify everything step by step to ensure that all is checked,

- If your motherboard bios is not updated yet to the latest version then please clear the CMOS and update it,

- I believe that a proper and sufficient power supply was chosen for the rig(s) and all the components were connected correctly and properly to the power supply following the motherboard manual,

- I believe that a proper and sufficient ventilation is already provided for the rig(s),

- In order to prevent the drop out 0.0 hashrate of the card, go in the motherboard bios and set R6 (Render Standby) to Disabled,

- Remember to set the PCI-e configuration from Auto to Gen 3 in the motherboard bios setting,

- If you have cards with dual vbios then please before doing any modification, put the switch on the silent vbios and back-up the silent vbios and keep it there until you reflash the modified silent vbios, please remember to do this step whenever you want to reflash new modified silent vbios,

- Please use TeamRedMiner instead of PhoenixMiner,

- Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below and remember to use the latest version of MorePowerTool and RedBiosEditor,

Please feel free to message me whenever you like,

Regards.

Oben Unten