Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Yes, increase VDD a little bit by 5 or 10 mV for the setting below, from 770 to 775 or 780 mV,

1385 mV, 770 mV, 910 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV
Increased slowly to 780 and it reduces them further but still around 5%, lowered ram speed to 900 and seem to get rid of them all, 1 invalid in 3h20m mining or around 1%, still high but we'll see what happens overnight. Id like to push 56-57 mh/s with these cards but no idea where to start. 270watts at the wall with 2 risers and 2 cards.

Increased slowly to 780 and it reduces them further but still around 5%, lowered ram speed to 900 and seem to get rid of them all, 1 invalid in 3h20m mining or around 1%, still high but we'll see what happens overnight. Id like to push 56-57 mh/s with these cards but no idea where to start. 270watts at the wall with 2 risers and 2 cards.
Please could you inform which miner are you using, TeamRedMiner or PhoenixMiner?

Hello,

I believe your card has dual vbios and a swithch, please could you check if it is on the silent vbios or OC one?

And have you modified your card vbios yet? If yes then with which vbios was used?
Hi,

Yes, I’ve got a dual bios. I did the changes on the OC bios. I now understand that this was wrong. I will reflash the original OC, download the silent one and make the changes. Will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Talan

Hi,

Yes, I’ve got a dual bios. I did the changes on the OC bios. I now understand that this was wrong. I will reflash the original OC, download the silent one and make the changes. Will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Talan
Hi everyone,

I flashed back my OC, downloaded the silent bios and did all the changes as per the instructions. Unfortunately after flashing this bios, the same error messages pop up on my Aorus 5700xt. Any further ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I flashed back my OC, downloaded the silent bios and did all the changes as per the instructions. Unfortunately after flashing this bios, the same error messages pop up on my Aorus 5700xt. Any further ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!
Hi and welcome,

Have you put the switch on the silent vbios before reflashing the modified vbios?

[Updated]
Please, use the official Gigabyte bios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING card:

One can download other vbios for other Gigabyte cards from official Gigabyte site however only the UK, Russian and Taiwan ones, below for Gigabyte UK official site,

This bios is modifiable as well by changing the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows (only for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC):
1. Extract the downloaded GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip below.
2. Boot to Windows Safe Mode and execute GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.exe as an Administrative.
3. Click StratFlash.
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for all Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING):
1. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

2. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

3. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or the backup bios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

4. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

5. Now enter these commands:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 vBios.rom
Press Enter

To flash the bios, here -f or -fa to force the flash in case of error.
###########
Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.

I had to uninstall the AMD drivers with a removal tool. Once I removed the drivers, I was able to flash the bios using the amdvbflash.
I´m having the same problem, same GPU, system doesn´t recognize the it. What removal tool have you used? I´ve tried to use the one from AMD but the system still doesn´t identify the GPU.
[Updated]
Please, use the official Gigabyte bios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING card:

One can download other vbios for other Gigabyte cards from official Gigabyte site however only the UK, Russian and Taiwan ones, below for Gigabyte UK official site,

This bios is modifiable as well by changing the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows (only for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC):
1. Extract the downloaded GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip below.
2. Boot to Windows Safe Mode and execute GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.exe as an Administrative.
3. Click StratFlash.
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for all Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING):
1. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

2. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

3. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or the backup bios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

4. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

5. Now enter these commands:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 vBios.rom
Press Enter

To flash the bios, here -f or -fa to force the flash in case of error.
###########
Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.

Here you go. Thanks for your time looking into this!
Greetings,

Please test the vbios files in the kindly attached link below and update whenever it is possible, the vram timings of the below vbios files were already modified with Apple straps, you can now modify the power table and make your modified vbios with RedBiosEditor and reflash it again,

Anhänge

• Gigabyte-Aorus-RX57XT-Silent-F70.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I´m having the same problem, same GPU, system doesn´t recognize the it. What removal tool have you used? I´ve tried to use the one from AMD but the system still doesn´t identify the GPU.
Greetings and welcome,

You find the tool in the kindly attached link below,

Oben Unten