Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Actually both cards that you have are good, what's is needed is the right and proper adjustments,

Is your goal only mining with these cards or there is other purposes besides that?
Mining only.
I am working on the adjustments on a test rig with the Sepphire card. I am getting 55.357 MH/s with 112W reported by the card. The OS is HiveOS and the miner is Pheonix. My settings so far are Core: 1350Mhz, Core V: 765mv, Mem clock: 960 Mhz.

The memory clock at 960 is close to the cliff. At 970Mhz the card crashes.
The Core Volt cliff is around 740mv.

Best,
Alley Cat

Mining only.
I am working on the adjustments on a test rig with the Sepphire card. I am getting 55.357 MH / s with 112W reported by the card. The OS is HiveOS and the miner is Pheonix. My settings so far are Core: 1350Mhz, Core V: 765mv, Mem clock: 960 Mhz.

The core volt cliff is around 740mv.

Best,
Alley Cat

Mining only.
I am working on the adjustments on a test rig with the Sepphire card. I am getting 55.357 MH / s with 112W reported by the card. The OS is HiveOS and the miner is Pheonix. My settings so far are Core: 1350Mhz, Core V: 765mv, Mem clock: 960 Mhz.

The core volt cliff is around 740mv.

Best,
Alley Cat
Regarding the Gigabyte card, after you flash the original bios provided before you will be able to modify it and make a modified bios from it and flash it back,

Regarding the adjustments, Depending on your ambient temperature, for best stability to performance, I recommend the core clock at 1400 MHz (750 - 800) mv min, the memory at 950 MHz max (750 - 800) mv min with improved vram straps and power limit, you will achieve (57.5 - 58.5) MH/s,

I can help you with modding your bios to suit the mining purpose if you like,

By the way, your sapphire card has dual bios, which one did you modified, the silent one or the OC one?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you for the great instructions. I will attempt to mod the bios tomorrow on my test rig. I could certainly use some experience advise.

The mod on the Sepphire is on the OC switch mode.

What would be the difference between a mod on the OC or silence?

Alley Cat

Regarding the Gigabyte card, after you flash the original bios provided before you will be able to modify it and make a modified bios from it and flash it back,

Regarding the adjustments, Depending on your ambient temperature, for best stability to performance, I recommend the core clock at 1400 MHz (750 - 800) mv min, the memory at 950 MHz max (750 - 800) mv min with improved vram straps and power limit, you will achieve (57.5 - 58.5) MH/s,

I can help you with modding your bios to suit the mining purpose if you like,

By the way, your sapphire card has dual bios, which one did you modified, the silent one or the OC one?
On my Sapphire card, with these settings, I am getting 54.45 MH/s maximum. I am using HiveOS with Pheonix miner.
My target is 59 to 60. Why I can't get the performance that I see on various channels?
The mods to the bios:
1) 1550 timing on both memory types
2) Overdrive Limits: Memory Max Clock 1050, Power Limit Min% 45
3) Power and Voltage: Min Voltage GFX 700, Min Voltage SoC 700, power limit 160
4) Fan: Fan Target Temp: 65, Stop Temp 40, Start Temp 55

My understanding is that the memory frequency timing is giving the performance increase, while the power settings are to increase efficiency.

I think I'd like to get the performance above 59MH/s and then shift focus to reduce heat (W).

If I made the correct timing modification, and I am getting less than 55MH/s, could it be the limitation of the memory type (i.e. Micron)? If this is the case, I would have to replace the card.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE #1: I am getting 58.5 MH/s on the Sapphire card.
The steps I took are:
1) Revert to stock bios
2) Modify the frequencies ONLY.
3) flash the bios
4) Run Phoenix miner on windows and monitor with Afterburner
5) Current power is 140W (too high)

My next steps are to try to increase the MH/s to over 59 by changing the Memory Frequency Maximum.

However, I have conflicting information. In MPT Memory Max Clock read from the bios image is 950. In Afterburner the Memory Clock is 1900.
1) Why these number are different? Should MPT also show 1900 as the limit and not 950?
2) How to increase the maximum memory frequency?

UPDATE #2
I think MPT has a bug. I made one modification to the OverDrive limits
1) Memory Maximum Clock 1950. MPT shows 950, and I think the is an error value.
2) With 1950, I was able to increase the memory clock in Afterburner, and I am getting 59.1 MH/s.
3) Power is 160W.

My next step is to reduce the power consumption. My target W is 110W or less.

Thanks.

thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Are the settings in HiveOS and Windows Afterburner any different?

Why I crash Hive is I set the Memory Clock over 900, and in Windows I set it to 1926 and it is still holding?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
On my Sapphire card, with these settings, I am getting 54.45 MH/s maximum. I am using HiveOS with Pheonix miner.
My target is 59 to 60. Why I can't get the performance that I see on various channels?
The mods to the bios:
1) 1550 timing on both memory types
2) Overdrive Limits: Memory Max Clock 1050, Power Limit Min% 45
3) Power and Voltage: Min Voltage GFX 700, Min Voltage SoC 700, power limit 160
4) Fan: Fan Target Temp: 65, Stop Temp 40, Start Temp 55

My understanding is that the memory frequency timing is giving the performance increase, while the power settings are to increase efficiency.

I think I'd like to get the performance above 59MH/s and then shift focus to reduce heat (W).

If I made the correct timing modification, and I am getting less than 55MH/s, could it be the limitation of the memory type (i.e. Micron)? If this is the case, I would have to replace the card.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE #1: I am getting 58.5 MH/s on the Sapphire card.
The steps I took are:
1) Revert to stock bios
2) Modify the frequencies ONLY.
3) flash the bios
4) Run Phoenix miner on windows and monitor with Afterburner
5) Current power is 140W (too high)

My next steps are to try to increase the MH/s to over 59 by changing the Memory Frequency Maximum.

However, I have conflicting information. In MPT Memory Max Clock read from the bios image is 950. In Afterburner the Memory Clock is 1900.
1) Why these number are different? Should MPT also show 1900 as the limit and not 950?
2) How to increase the maximum memory frequency?

UPDATE #2
I think MPT has a bug. I made one modification to the OverDrive limits
1) Memory Maximum Clock 1950. MPT shows 950, and I think the is an error value.
2) With 1950, I was able to increase the memory clock in Afterburner, and I am getting 59.1 MH/s.
3) Power is 160W.

My next step is to reduce the power consumption. My target W is 110W or less.

Thanks.

thank you.
Regarding the memory clock that is showing in hive 950 MHz because it is showing the single rate of the memory clock of double rate 1900 MHz, half of 1900 = 950, therefore it is not an error or a bug of MPT,

The goal is to get the maximum MH/s however with regards to the system stability and safety for the long run,

For the Sapphire card, never modify the OC bios because it has a one time flash allowance after it will locked and we will not be able to reflash it again through normal means however for the silent bios it is the opposite, you can do whatever you like with it,

Now we are going to modify the silent bios, when it comes to mining the memory is the real factor that contribute heavily in mining therefore, we are going to fix all the parameters with the best values of performance to power and tune the memory as much as possible depending on your chip silicon lottery,

First, I would like to know have you modified the oc bios or only the silent one so far?

I modified the OC. Please allow me to revert the OC to stock, and apply the modified bios to the Silent profile.

OK. I saved my modified bios to the silence mode.

Here are my settings in HiveOS and the performance in HiveOS.
I'd like to know what I need to change to achieve:
1) Increase in hash to 59.x MH/s or more...
2) Reduce the power below 120W.

It will help to learn how to tune the rig for each card

Anhänge

• Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.11.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.11.00 PM.png
    132,6 KB · Aufrufe : 449
  • IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    2,5 MB · Aufrufe : 383
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Please, check the attached official Gigabyte program to reflash the original bios of your card.

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.
If your VBIOS version is:
F1, you can update F2-F9.
F10, you can update F11-F19.
F20, you can update F21-F29.

By Windows
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
1. Download VGA @BIOS
(http://www.gigabyte.cn/support-downloads/utility.aspx?cg=3)
2. Execute VGA @BIOS after installation
3. After clicking Flash, select the BIOS file you want to update and update
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot
How to backup the existing BIOS file ? After
clicking BACKUP VGA BIOS, select the path to backup.

By DOS
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
1. Decompress the downloaded VGA BIOS compressed file atBIOS.zip to abootable USB flash drive or CD-ROM. The following steps take the USB flash drive as an example.

2. Restart your computer and hit enter to select the USB flash drive from the boot menu.

3. In DOS mode, switch the command line path to the location of the flashtool by typing:
cd/ ATITool

4. To update the BIOS type:
Atiflash.exe -i and click Enter to check for the gpu drive number.

5. Now type:
Atiflash.exe -p drive number - f bios file name.bin and click enter.

5. After the update is over, please restart your computer to complete the update of the VGA BIOS.

How to back up the existing BIOS file ?
If you need to back up the BIOS file, then type:
Atiflash.exe -s name.bin
and press Enter.

Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.
OK. I am going to focus on changing the Gigabyte bios.
1) On the first attempt, using the @BIOS application, the software cannot see the card.
2) Going to CMD Run as Admin, an attempt to flash the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN image returns an error.

Anhänge

• IMG_3424.JPG
    IMG_3424.JPG
    4,1 MB · Aufrufe : 381
OK. I am going to focus on changing the Gigabyte bios.
1) On the first attempt, using the @BIOS application, the software cannot see the card.
2) Going to CMD Run as Admin, an attempt to flash the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN image returns an error.
No need for the @BIOS tool as this tool was verified that it does not support Navi 10 cards,

After you extract GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip, run GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD.exe as Administrative and continue from there.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
No need for the @BIOS tool as this tool was verified that it does not support Navi 10 cards,

After you extract GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip, run .archivetempGV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD.exe as Administrative and continue from there.
I had to uninstall the AMD drivers with a removal tool. Once I removed the drivers, I was able to flash the bios using the amdvbflash.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Very well, now the card is returned to work normally like before.
I already updated the post with the attached bios file.
I have a few stability issues that the card crashed using the same settings as the Sapphire. I guess I will have to test the Gigabyte cards and find their own settings.

I do have a couple of tuning questions.
1) How do you suggest I modify for reducing the power lower than 133W? You can see below the miner data, and the OD settings.
2) Please look at picture below. If I found inWindows that the maximum hash rate is 1926Hz, is this correct setting 1926/2=963 (I put 970).

Thanks.
AlleyCat

Anhänge

• IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe : 372
  • IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    2,3 MB · Aufrufe : 349
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.45.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.45.38 PM.png
    133,1 KB · Aufrufe : 421
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
[Updated]
First please properly connect all power connectors of the components to the power supply unit, also note that it is important to provide proper and sufficient power solution to the system and it is highly recommended to provide higher power output around 100 watt more than the minimum power required for the system as well as to provide proper and sufficient ventilation,
After that clear the CMOS of your motherboard and update its bios to the latest version and please do not put PCI-e Configuration on Auto and set each slot to pcie 3.0 or 3.1 if supported, if not then set to pcie 2.0 or 2.1, and check, then,

1- Turn off completely or disable any overclocking programs like MSI after burner or AMD Wattman after returning to default settings first and boot to windows safe mode, and reflash the appropriate Gigabyte unlocked vbios attached kindly below whether for Samsung memory or Micron memory,

or the backed up original vbios with AtiFlashTool 2.93+, copy the link below and paste in the browser to download,

How to reflash the VBIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows:
I. Extract the downloaded AtiFlashTool v2.93+ and put it with the Gigabyte vbios or the backup vbios file to a folder and put it in drive C,

II. Boot to Windows Safe Mode,
III. Open Command Prompt CMD as an administrator and navigate to the folder mentioned above,

IV. Now enter these commands below:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the vbios chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the vbios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0
Gigabyte.vbios.rom or BackupBiosName.rom
Press Enter

To flash the vbios, here -f to force the flash in case of error.
###########

V. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for flashing original vbios only):
I. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

II. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

III. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the the backup of the original vbios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

IV. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

V. Now use the same commands mentioned above.

VI. Reboot.

2- Download latest MorePowerTool and RedBiosEditor from below,

3- After the installation of both MorePowerTool and RedBiosEditor, run MorePowerTool as an Administrator and select your GPU card from the drop down menu and click Load or click Load then choose the vbios file that you want to modify, then apply the below settings which are best for performance, power consumption and safe 24/7 operating, after that click on Save to get the .MPT file,

- Under Features tab, set:
Zero RPM: Uncheck (Disable, for those who have high memory temperature)

- Under Feature Control (For stable Hashrate and to prevent hashrate from dropping to 0 MH/s in addition to disable R6 Render Standby in the motherboard bios settings if exists), set:
DS_GFXCLK: Uncheck (Disable)
ACDC: Check (Enable)
[To disable unwanted output ports or to make the card headless in order to save power and free lanes, choose any of the below,
VCN_PG: Uncheck (Disable, to disable the HDMI port)
JPEG_PG: Uncheck (Disable, to disable the display ports)
ATHUB_PG: Uncheck (Disable, to disable all the output ports and turn the card to headless)],

- Under Overdrive Limits tab, set:
GFX Maximum Clock 1440 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 960 MHz
Power Limit Maximum 0%
Power Limit Minimum 0%
Memory Timing Control: 1 [For computing (mining), default is 2 for gaming]
Zero RPM Control: 0 (For those who have high memory temperature)

- Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum Voltage GFX: 1050 mV
[must not be lower than this as the MVDD default value in the vbios is at 1350 mV and the VDD must be within 300 mV range with MVDD or components may get degraded and permanent damaged]
Maximum Voltage SoC: 1050 mV
[must not be lower than this like the Maximum Voltage GFX]
Minimum Voltage GFX: 750 mV (800 mV for non XT)
Minimum Voltage SoC: 750 mV (800 mV for non XT)
Power Limit GPU: 155 W (145 W for non XT)
TDC Limit GFX: 135 A (125 A for non XT)
TDC Limit SoC: 15 A

- Under Frequency tap, set:
GFX Maximum: 1270 MHz
Memory DPM 3: 900 MHz

[Regarding SoC Maximum, must be kept at default 1267 MHz in the vbios, capping it at another value must be done inside the OS using a script in linux or editing the registry using MorePowerTool in Windows and at your own discretion, recommended values for memory types at specific clocks as below,

Memory Clock - - - > SoC Maximum,
910 (1820) MHz - - - > 1086 MHz (Samsung & Micron),
950 (1900) MHz - - - > 1267 MHz (Micron, here the default 1267 MHz is preferred),

- Under Fan tab, set:
Zero RPM Enabled: Uncheck (Disable, for those who have high memory temperature)
Stop Temperature: 50° C
Start Temperature: 60° C

4- Now run RedBiosEditor as an Administrator, click Load and choose the vbios, under PowerPlay tab load the .MPT file and under VRAM Timings tab you have to choose one from the 2 options below when editing the timings,

Option 1 (Preferable and Recommended), applying Apple Inc. vram timings straps linked below, once for MT61K256M32 Micron, and Save the vbios after that load the saved vbios and once again apply the straps for K4Z80325BC Samsung if it is existed and save the vbios again,

Option 2 (Universal), applying vram timings as below for both Samsung and Micron like before,

- K4Z80325BC (Samsung)
2000 MHz (Copy) - - - > (Paste) 2250 MHz
1800 MHz - - - > 2000 MHz
(1500 or 1550) MHz - - - > 1800 MHz

- MT61K256M32 (Micron)
1875 MHz - - - > 2000 MHz
1750 MHz - - - > (1800 - 1875) MHz
(1500 or 1550) MHz - - - > 1750 MHz

Memory Clock - tREF
[The recommended ratio is 3.9 and max at 4, for an example, 3900 tREF ÷ 1000 MHz = 3.9]
1000 MHz - 3900 (Samsung & Micron)
1250 MHz - 4875 (Samsung & Micron)
(1500 or 1550) MHz - (5850 or 6045) (Samsung & Micron)
1750 MHz - 6825 (Micron only)
1800 MHz - 7020 (Samsung & Micron)
1875 MHz - 7315 (Micron only)
2000 MHz - 7800 (Samsung & Micron)
2250 MHz - 8775 (Samsung only)

5- Save the vbios and reflash it like how you reflashed the backup one above.

6- Install HiveOS on an SSD and not USB flash drive and set it up properly, after that apply the below,
In HiveOs, first note down the default gpu parameters then follow the below,

- Core parameters,
Keep the ratio of Core clock to VDD at 1.79 or below (preferred is 1.75 and default is 1.70) as beyond that negative scaling may start which means lowering performance and occurring instability and increasing temperature.

- Memory parameters,
~ Samsung (K4Z80325BC-HC14),
Memory clock at 900 MHz more than this may not be stable,

~ Micron (MT61K256M32JE-14),
Memory clock at 900 MHz for power saving and lower temperature like for Samsung memory and 935 or 950 MHz for performance,

~ Hynix (H56C8H24AIR-SC),
Memory clock at 900 MHz for power saving and lower temperature, for performance 935 or 950 MHz,

[*Disclaimer regarding the memory temperature to avoid and prevent its degradation and being baked again that might lead to connection loose,

For Samsung (K4Z80325BC-HC14),
For operating at 24/7, the temperature must not exceed 74° C,
Other than this will fall under the below,
At (80 ± 5)° C, operating for 24/7 requires putting the system on a break of 1 to 2 hour (depending on the ambient temperature) after 48 hour of operation,
At (100 ± 5)° C, operating for 24/7 requires putting the system on a break of 1 to 2 hour (depending on the ambient temperature) after 36 hour of operation,
At (125 ± 5)° C, operating for 24/7 requires putting the system on a break of 1 to 2 hour (depending on the ambient temperature) after 24 hour of operation,

For Micron (MT61K256M32JE-14) and Hynix (H56C8H24AIR-SC), it is the same as for Samsung (K4Z80325BC-HC14) even thought Micron Inc. and SK Hynix stated it can run from (0 to 95)° C, however this is for normal use and not for 24/7 of operation].

Due to air cooling is being used, the highly recommend approximate setting as below,
[For optimal hashrate, keep the gap between the core clock and memory clock at 480 MHz]
[The recommended and safe ratio between VDDCI and Memory clock is 2.24 (Default is 2.06) For Samsung, Micron and Hynix, for example: 1800 (900*2) MHz ÷ 805 = ~2.24]

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD, TeamRedMiner Mode A Hashrate

~ Samsung and Micron,
- 1370 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 890 (1780/2) MHz, 850 mV, 1310 mV, ~54.40 MH/s,
- 1380 MHz, 780 or 790 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 850 mV, 1310 mV, ~55.30 MH/s,

~ Micron,
- 1415 MHz, 795 or 805 mV : 935 (1870/2) MHz, 875 mV, 1350 mV, ~57.10 MH/s,
- 1430 MHz, 805 or 815 mV : 950 (1900/2) MHz, 875 mV, 1350 mV, ~58.10 MH/s,

7- Reboot the system,
8- Test and record the results.

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Alright, we are going to make a universal mining profile for the both cards, we are going to start with the Gigabyte card,

1- Reflash the card with official bios,

2- Rename the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

3- Run the MorePowerTool program as an Administrative, Click Load and select the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM or an amdvbflash backup bios, after that follow as below:
- Under Features tab enable all the overdive features,
GFX Maximum Clock 1400 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 1000 MHz
Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum Voltage GFX 850 mv
Maximum Voltage SoC 1200 mv
Minimum Voltage GFX 750 mv
Minimum Voltage SoC 750 mv
Power Limit GPU 150 W
TDC Limit GFX 138 A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A
GFX Maximum 1400 MHz
Memory DPM 3 - 950 MHz
- Under Fan tab, set:
Fan Acoustic Limit 1950 RPM
Fan Throttling 2400 RPM

After that click Save to get .MPT file,

3- Run the RedBiosEditor program as an Administrative, Click Load and select the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM or an amdvbflash backup bios, after that follow as below:
- Under PowerPlay, Load MPT File and select the .MPT that was prepared before,
- Under VRAM Timings, click on the rectangle with (1500 or 1550) MHz and change the tCL to 14 under DRAMTiming1 and tREF to 12000 under DRAMTiming12 for MT61K256M32 Micron and tCL to 14 and tREF to 9000 for K4Z80325BC Samsung and after that copy the (1500 or 1550) strap to the rest of the straps after it,
4- Click on Save to get the .ROM modified bios file,
5- Now Flash the modified bios and restart.

Now you can use HiveOs or MSI Afterburner to tune your card as here it depends on your chip quality and silicon lottery, start with maximum values of 1400 MHz 850 mv core and 950 MHz Memory,
Above is for gigabyte card only,

Please do update me whenever it is possible,
Best Regards.
This is GOLD. Thank you!
I will follow the details and will look for any differences between my settings and your values.
I will report tomorrow.

My apologies for the late reply,

We are going to make a mining profile for the both cards, we are going to start with the Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING card first following the below:

0- Download latest MorePowerTool and RedBiosEditor version from this link below:

1- Turn off completely any overclocking programs like MSI after burner or AMD Wattman after returning to default settings first,

2- Reflash the card with the official bios,

3- Rename the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

4- Run the MorePowerTool program as an Administrative, Click Load and select the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM or an amdvbflash backup bios, after that follow as below:
- Under Features tab enable all the overdive features,
GFX Maximum Clock 1400 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 1000 MHz
Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum Voltage GFX 850 mv
Maximum Voltage SoC 1200 mv
Minimum Voltage GFX 750 mv
Minimum Voltage SoC 750 mv
Power Limit GPU 150 W
TDC Limit GFX 138 A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A
GFX Maximum 1400 MHz
Memory DPM 3 - 950 MHz
- Under Fan tab, set:
Fan Acoustic Limit 1950 RPM
Fan Throttling 2400 RPM

After that click Save to get .MPT file,

5- Run the RedBiosEditor program as an Administrative, Click Load and select the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM or an amdvbflash backup bios, after that follow as below:
- Under PowerPlay, Load MPT File and select the .MPT that was prepared before,
- Under VRAM Timings, click on the rectangle with (1500 or 1550) MHz and change the tCL to 14 under DRAMTiming1 and tREF to 12000 under DRAMTiming12 for MT61K256M32 Micron and tCL to 14 and tREF to 9000 for K4Z80325BC Samsung and after that copy the (1500 or 1550) strap to the rest of the straps after it,

6- Click on Save to get the .ROM modified bios file,

7- Now Flash the modified bios and restart.

Now you can use HiveOs or MSI Afterburner to tune your card as here it depends on your chip quality and silicon lottery, start with maximum values of 1400 MHz 850 mv core and 950 MHz Memory,

Above is for gigabyte card only,

Please do update me whenever it is possible,

Best Regards.
Good morning.
I am at Step 5 "Under VRAM Timings, click on the rectangle with (1500 or 1550) MHz and change the tCL to 14 under DRAMTiming1 and tREF to 12000 under DRAMTiming12 for MT61K256M32 Micron and tCL to 14 and tREF to 9000 for K4Z80325BC Samsung"

1) The RBE editor will not allow to enter 12,000 to DRAMTiming12 tREF. The edit field can take only 4 digits. What value for tREF should I enter?
2) Changing the tCL to 14 corrupts the rom. At 20 the rom loads correct. With 14 the rom doesn't load. What value for tCL should I use?

Awaiting for confirmation.

Thanks.

Anhänge

• IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    3,8 MB · Aufrufe : 531
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good morning.
I am at Step 5 "Under VRAM Timings, click on the rectangle with (1500 or 1550) MHz and change the tCL to 14 under DRAMTiming1 and tREF to 12000 under DRAMTiming12 for MT61K256M32 Micron and tCL to 14 and tREF to 9000 for K4Z80325BC Samsung"

1) The RBE editor will not allow to enter 12,000 to DRAMTiming12 tREF. The edit field can take only 4 digits. What value for tREF should I enter?
2) Changing the tCL to 14 corrupts the rom. At 20 the rom loads correct. With 14 the rom doesn't load. What value for tCL should I use?

Awaiting for confirmation.

Thanks.
Good Morning,
For the tREF of MT61K256M32 Micron memory only enter E02E instead of 810B in the straps of the 1550 MHz directly after that hit the rectangle of the 1550 MHz and change the tCL to 14 and you will see that the tREF value now is 12000.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good Morning,
For the tREF enter E02E instead of 810B in the straps of the 1550 MHz directly after that hit the rectangle of the 1550 MHz and change the tCL to 14 and you will see that the tREF value now is 12000.

If your chip cannot handle tCL 14 then increase by 2 to 16 then 18.
I was able to replace the tREF value to 12000. I searched the text string for 810B, and replaced it with E02E.

Windows will not start with tREF value set to 12000 (E02E).
I had to remove the card, remove the AMD drivers, re-flash with a working bios.

What is the next step?

Oben Unten