Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Anhänge

• IMG_5960.JPG
    IMG_5960.JPG
    1,7 MB · Aufrufe : 58
  • power color phonix miner mem test 0.png
    power color phonix miner mem test 0.png
    40 KB · Aufrufe : 42
  • IMG_5962.JPG
    IMG_5962.JPG
    855,7 KB · Aufrufe : 37
  • IMG_5961.JPG
    IMG_5961.JPG
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 21

Anhänge

• IMG_5964.JPG
    IMG_5964.JPG
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe : 29

Anhänge

• IMG_5968.JPG
    IMG_5968.JPG
    1,9 MB · Aufrufe : 36
  • power color team read miner mem test 0.png
    power color team read miner mem test 0.png
    45 KB · Aufrufe : 37
  • IMG_5963.JPG
    IMG_5963.JPG
    876,1 KB · Aufrufe : 37

Anhänge

• IMG_5968.JPG
    IMG_5968.JPG
    1,9 MB · Aufrufe : 37
  • power color team reader miner mem test 1.png
    power color team reader miner mem test 1.png
    45,6 KB · Aufrufe : 37
  • power featur power color test mem 1.jpg
    power featur power color test mem 1.jpg
    103,3 KB · Aufrufe : 33
  • IMG_5966.JPG
    IMG_5966.JPG
    912,5 KB · Aufrufe : 41
The conclusion, draw it yourself! Honestly, it doesn't really matter about electricity consumption!

Please re do the guide and update whenever it is possible,

I believe the GFXOFF is not working well with some cards and it is now replaced with DS_GFXCLK for better solution as this option will not let the core clock go below 800 MHz and this solution is universal for all cards as well.
Do I need uninstal ati drivers before reflash new versions bios?

With trm you can use --restart_gpus option
Result with last updated bios for Gigabyte gaming oc: 56,4MHs, 109w, fans still loud (2950 rpm),GPU temp 36/76, but now value in phoenix commands cclock,cvddc, mclock are not same as on Hwinfo (lower in Hwinfo)---lower Hashrates than before?
Trm - I don't know how to control fans, core and memory. After 5 min fans are on 3400rpm, memory temp 45/88, 105w.

One interesting detail: phoenix miner with added opencllocalwork 64 hashrate was 65,45MHs, incorect shares started with high temp. and was 14%. Maybe someone with lower temp in garage or with water cooling can use without incorect shares....;-)

One interesting detail: phoenix miner with added opencllocalwork 64 hashrate was 65,45MHs, incorect shares started with high temp. and was 14%. Maybe someone with lower temp in garage or with water cooling can use without incorect shares....;-)
with opencllocalwork set anything else than 32 will result in incorrect shares. temp does not matter. it will still generate incorrect/invalid/rejected shares even if its -10C temp.

moreover, the rate of unusable (incorrect/invalid/rejected) with opencllocalwork set to anything other than 32 will be much more than extra hashrate, so its essentially inefficient.

its better not to set it at all.

with opencllocalwork set anything else than 32 will result in incorrect shares. temp does not matter. it will still generate incorrect/invalid/rejected shares even if its -10C temp.

moreover, the rate of unusable (incorrect/invalid/rejected) with opencllocalwork set to anything other than 32 will be much more than extra hashrate, so its essentially inefficient.

its better not to set it at all.
Have you tested TeamRedMiner yet? I highly recommend it as it is far better than PhoenixMiner.

@Mini_Me,
I'm not sure the extent of testing on 5700XT GPUs furnished with Micron memory, perhaps it is specific to my MECH OC:
Setting in MPT the Power Limit GPU (WATT)
Win 10
FAIL
FAIL
INIT
OK
OK
Linux
FAIL
FAIL
INIT
INIT
OK

FAIL - HALT/PANIC/HUNG
INIT - STARTS/CRASH
OK - DAG and mine

There seems to be some power regulator struggle thrown onto the miner's (TR, PH, RM) debug logger.
Has above been observed on any other Micron based XT?

[UPDATE]
The main reason for the Micron based GPUs to fail mining was the DS_SOCCLK: Uncheck (Disable). After changing to DS_SOCCLK: Check (Enable) GPUs operate as expected.

Regards,
Andy

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten