Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings,

Please test the vbios file kindly attached below for your Asus Dual Evo RX 5700,
I have tested the provided BIOS on 3 of my Asus Dual Evo RX 5700 cards and it seems to work fine one 2 of them.
All tests run in Phoenix Miner 5.4c and set to 95% fan in HiveOS

GPU 1:
  • Settings - page 32 -> 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 (1700/2) MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV, ~52.10 MH/s,
  • Run duration: 45min - 1HR
  • Results -
    • Expected hashrate - Runs stable but hot 92-94C (typical for this model from what I hear)
    • Fan speed never goes over ~67% (despite 95% being set in HiveOS)
GPU 2:
  • Settings - 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 (1700/2) MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV, ~52.10 MH/s,
  • Run duration: 10 Hours (overnight)
  • Results -
    • Expected hashrate - Runs at 80C
    • Fan speed reaches ~80%
GPU 3
*** Note: This card ran stable at predicted frame rate during Heaven Benchmark with no artifacting or visual issues using the previous owners 5700xt bios with 1550 straps (micron). I do not have the original BIOS.
  1. Test 1
    • Settings - 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV
    • Run duration 0 seconds hashing, errors out while building the DAG (long chain of errors)
  2. Test 2
    1. Settings - 1390 MHz, 800 mV : 900 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV
    2. Runs for about 10 seconds before erroring out (with a block of errors)
  3. Test 3
    1. Settings - 1390 MHz, 900 mV : 900 MHz, 950 mV, 1350 mV
    2. Runs stable for > 2 min but only hashes at ~49MH (likely due to the power limit)
In the next tests I'll be taking off the MPT settings restricting power draw and report those tests.

@megabytesmining what's your best rx 5600 xt that you have there? What model do you recommend?
My apologies for the interference, you should have make enquiry from someone have knowledge in this field and here I am going to greatly assist you in choosing the right model,

When comes to mining, avoid Sapphire and DataLand as they implement security measures against modification for mining in their vbios, and choose Asus, MSI and ASRock (PowerColor and XFX, unverified) especially their cards with 1x8pin power connector, when comes to gaming any card with power connector more than 1x8pin.

My apologies for the interference, you should have make enquiry from someone have knowledge in this field and here I am going to greatly assist you in choosing the right model,

When comes to mining, avoid Sapphire and DataLand as they implement security measures against modification for mining in their vbios, and choose Asus, MSI and ASRock (PowerColor and XFX, unverified) especially their cards with 1x8pin power connector, when comes to gaming any card with power connector more than 1x8pin.
Thanks for the assist!
You know, I though that sapphire brand was the best for mining, cause I see all the time on the net 58/59mh.

Last time I ask about msi rx 5700 they fly from the shell, so this time I made the order just in case it happen again. I went with xfx thicc 2 pro.

I see that the same brand has the thicc 3 ultra and that have 2 connectors, but unfortunately is out of stock as the rest.

I can see from their bios update that they have micron memory. So I think will work great...

Anhänge

• 56XT6150.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 4
I see that the same brand has the thicc 3 ultra and that have 2 connectors, but unfortunately is out of stock as the rest.
When it comes to RX 5700 XT and non XT, Sapphire was one of the most affordable cards for mining beside the reference cards however when it comes to RX 5600 XT they are no more as I believe AMD have a hand in this matter.

I have tested the provided BIOS on 3 of my Asus Dual Evo RX 5700 cards and it seems to work fine one 2 of them.
All tests run in Phoenix Miner 5.4c and set to 95% fan in HiveOS

GPU 1:
  • Settings - page 32 -> 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 (1700/2) MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV, ~52.10 MH/s,
  • Run duration: 45min - 1HR
  • Results -
    • Expected hashrate - Runs stable but hot 92-94C (typical for this model from what I hear)
    • Fan speed never goes over ~67% (despite 95% being set in HiveOS)
GPU 2:
  • Settings - 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 (1700/2) MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV, ~52.10 MH/s,
  • Run duration: 10 Hours (overnight)
  • Results -
    • Expected hashrate - Runs at 80C
    • Fan speed reaches ~80%
GPU 3
*** Note: This card ran stable at predicted frame rate during Heaven Benchmark with no artifacting or visual issues using the previous owners 5700xt bios with 1550 straps (micron). I do not have the original BIOS.
  1. Test 1
    • Settings - 1330 MHz, 750 mV : 850 MHz, 800 mV, 1350 mV
    • Run duration 0 seconds hashing, errors out while building the DAG (long chain of errors)
  2. Test 2
    1. Settings - 1390 MHz, 800 mV : 900 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV
    2. Runs for about 10 seconds before erroring out (with a block of errors)
  3. Test 3
    1. Settings - 1390 MHz, 900 mV : 900 MHz, 950 mV, 1350 mV
    2. Runs stable for > 2 min but only hashes at ~49MH (likely due to the power limit)
In the next tests I'll be taking off the MPT settings restricting power draw and report those tests.
Please switch to TeamRedMiner and re test the power table setting at page 32, you can increase the TDC GFX Limit by 2 or 4 if the card still reports errors after switching to TeamRedMiner.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings and welcome,

The vbios kindly attached below are the latest version 068 that fully support Zero RPM feature, unlocked and modified with Apple straps for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING and AORUS cards with Micron memory that I highly recommend to use them from now on for Gigabyte cards and for cards with Samsung memory I am working on it at the meantime, please after testing update whenever it is possible,

You may have a good day.
Hi mini_me

Did you ever get the modified BIOS working for the gigabyte 5700 xt rev 2.0 with samsung memory? Could you please get mine working? I am unable to modify this bios :(

Anhänge

• Gigabyte-RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-xxx-xxx-xxx.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten