Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Hello and welcome,

Please send your original backup vbios to unlock it.
Good day. There are W5700 cards made by HP, I tried to flash them, but the standard firmware with copying timings does not work, the card turns into a brick and the motherboard does not start with it, you have to solder the BIOS and flash the native back with the programmer, here is the native BIOS of the card, can you somehow sew it on 56-58Mx?Thank you very much in advance!

Anhänge

• W5700-2-RadeonProW5700-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D1880502-101.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 13
Thanks Mini_Me and Colinstoner for the unlocked and tweaked ROM!

I flashed it onto 2 cards i just received (an HP one with what i believe is Micron RAM and a regular one with Samsung RAM). Results are around 55Mh @ 97W and 53.5Mh @ 93W, respectively. Running perfectly stable so far and GPU temps are accordingly great. However, the memory temperatures on these cards are absolutely outrageous, I had to manually up the fan speed quite a bit to stay at a reasonable level. Memory is running around 30°C hotter than the GPU in both cases.

I'd like to do something about that and from what I have gathered in this thread, it's all about replacing the thermal pads? I'd prefer disassembling them only once, so my question is which pads are the right ones regarding size and which would you guys recommend? I'm located near Munich/Germany, so I suppose trying to order a sample of 2mm Sarcon XR-Um from Fujipoly like Mini_Me suggested is the way to go? Not sure they ship them from Munich since it's only a liaison office. Also, I wasn't able to find XR-Um on their sample request from or from any other supplier. Any advice on good pads and a good source that ships to Austria would be greatly appreciated!
Good day. Could you send me a bios for a Samsung memory card, there are also a couple of w5700 cards from HP, I am also interested in what is the maximum hashrate on these cards you have, I am grateful in advance!

Hi I just replaced memory thermal pads with Thermalright Odyssey 1.0mm and memory temps didn't change. Then I add another 1mm pads onto them and memory temps are now 70C at 100% fan speed (ambient temps is 38C, used to memory temps were 90C). But 2mm pads are still higher height than it needs to. Core junction temp is 80C and Core edge is 66C, used to there were 7C difference between the two and Junction temps weren't higher than 68C. In short 1mm doesn't have decent contact for memory and 2mm is too high for and doesnt have decent contact with gpu die, so 1.5mm Thermalright Odyssey thermal pads are probably the right size. I'm gonna order a pack and replace the curent ones.

I have AMD founder edtion W5700 factory bios 113-D1880201-106 samsung memory only 51.47 MH.Can you unlock this version for me? Thanks in advance @Mini_Me Attached original BIOS
W5700.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
w5700 samsung 113-D188201-106

Anhänge

• W5700_RadeonProW5700-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D1880201-106.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 8
Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Anhänge

• 03565D69-2A12-4E68-BD35-4FBC83177761.jpeg
    03565D69-2A12-4E68-BD35-4FBC83177761.jpeg
    428,7 KB · Aufrufe : 60
Hi I just replaced memory thermal pads with Thermalright Odyssey 1.0mm and memory temps didn't change. Then I add another 1mm pads onto them and memory temps are now 70C at 100% fan speed (ambient temps is 38C, used to memory temps were 90C). But 2mm pads are still higher height than it needs to. Core junction temp is 80C and Core edge is 66C, used to there were 7C difference between the two and Junction temps weren't higher than 68C. In short 1mm doesn't have decent contact for memory and 2mm is too high for and doesnt have decent contact with gpu die, so 1.5mm Thermalright Odyssey thermal pads are probably the right size. I'm gonna order a pack and replace the curent ones.
laird hd9000 Thermalright Odyssey

Maybe our card with the same vbios (113-D1880201-106) and same samsung chip. Do you get the oc vbios in hiveOS?
I posted the above image downloaded via HiveOS, if someone can unlock it, I will be grateful!
I have cards of the 101 series, and a colleague above laid out the bios for version 106, because each incorrect firmware entails soldering the bios chip and its firmware by the programmer , and I have already soldered it twice, I want to flash the correct bios already! I will explain for those who do not know, if you flash the wrong bios, the system does not start at all with this card, even the bils of the PC motherboard does not load!

I have AMD founder edtion W5700 factory bios 113-D1880201-106 samsung memory only 51.47 MH.Can you unlock this version for me? Thanks in advance @Mini_Me Attached original BIOS
I have the same cards as you, came with bios 106. I use @Mini_Me 's optimized bios 102 you can found on page 4 of this thread. It runs with 55,x MH in hiveOS without any other settings. But one of my cards are weaker than the others, it produce some errors altough i reduced the mem.

Anhänge

• miner.JPG
    miner.JPG
    171 KB · Aufrufe : 59
Oben Unten