Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Hi Beast, i have the same issue i have done an incorrect flash and i try some ways to solve it but nothing worked, now the only way is to weld the bios chip, im very new in this. do you have some pictures of who pins must i weld?

Could i use your modded bios? i have micron memory, maybe must i modify the vram config?
Can i flash with HiveOS?

im attaching my bios if its possible please unlock it.

Im from Argentina im trying to manage the language.

Thx so much!
Here is the bios that I modified based on the bios from Mini_Me, since there were a lot of memory rejects on it, they also exist on my vector, but much less, until I solved the problem

Anhänge

• ModRom5700.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 96
Here is the bios that I modified based on the bios from Mini_Me, since there were a lot of memory rejects on it, they also exist on my vector, but much less, until I solved the problem
Hi, what hashrate and power consumption have you with your mod? And have you tried it with TeamRedMiner too?

I have sometimes rejects too, but only on GPU 4 and GPU 5. The rejects on GPU 4 disappeared with slightly lower memory clock (885 MHz), but not these on GPU 5. The bigger problem is, that my rig restarts about one time a day because a GPU were detected dead. That's why I increased the VDDCI, so the restarts are less frequent but not disappeared. GPU 3 was never detected dead, so i let it on the settings of @Mini_Me s bios.
Screenshot 2021-08-29 000707.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi, what hashrate and power consumption have you with your mod? And have you tried it with TeamRedMiner too?

I have sometimes rejects too, but only on GPU 4 and GPU 5. The rejects on GPU 4 disappeared with slightly lower memory clock (885 MHz), but not these on GPU 5. The bigger problem is, that my rig restarts about one time a day because a GPU were detected dead. That's why I increased the VDDCI, so the restarts are less frequent but not disappeared. GPU 3 was never detected dead, so i let it on the settings of @Mini_Me s bios.
Anhang anzeigen 14454

Anhänge

• ECB4EFA7-C5C9-4CD7-8066-5EB7330CB9D4.jpeg
    ECB4EFA7-C5C9-4CD7-8066-5EB7330CB9D4.jpeg
    490,1 KB · Aufrufe : 81
  • 8781A657-0FD1-4A15-B6DF-2F80622F7804.jpeg
    8781A657-0FD1-4A15-B6DF-2F80622F7804.jpeg
    272,8 KB · Aufrufe : 106
Can you write me please the preferences of your modded bios, i want to test it before i flash my cards. Will it work on Micron memory too?

Are you seriously asking this now? In the screenshots, everything is there, what a nightmare, if you don't know where the miner is specified, why did you come here at all, then these guys sew the cards into a brick, without even waiting to see what people wrote, to whom the bios and the screenshots are unclear!

Sorry, I didn't use hiveos before. I didn't look very carefully. Only recently contacted hiveos. Just found out.

Thank you very much for the BIOS and answers of beast 819. But my power consumption is a little high. It seems that someone can get 55m at 90-100w.Is it the reason why display memory is micron?

222.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you very much for the BIOS and answers of beast 819. But my power consumption is a little high. It seems that someone can get 55m at 90-100w.Is it the reason why display memory is micron?
W5700 cards with micron memory have a higher power consumption, see my picture in posting #363. My card 0 has micron too.

Have you only used Beast819's bios or have you made additional settings in CORE / VDD / VDDCI / MEM?

I've used mini BIOS before, but it's unstable. I'm using the BIOS of beast 819 these two days. At present, the BIOS should be OK. I used the beast819 setting earlier. Miner is very unstable and there is a restart. At present, I have set corevdd, vddci, MVDD and men, which are stable, but more time is needed to verify the stability of these settings.

0830.jpg

Bewertungen: MfA
At present, I have set corevdd, vddci, MVDD and men, which are stable, but more time is needed to verify the stability of these settings.
Thank you. Please let me know when you have tested it for a few days.

I tested the settings for CORE / VDD / VDDCI / MEM with Mini_me's BIOS, but then the memory temperature of my Micron Card goes up to 90°C - at 100% fan speed...

Hi, im reporting, i flashed with the minime bios and im getting
1631316784173.png
i need to replace thermal pads and maybe it could be colder

regards

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten