Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

I change so many mail. It notice host mail.ru[94.100.180.31] said: 550 Message was not accepted -- invalid mailbox. Local mailbox [email protected] is unavailable: user not found (in reply to end of DATA command)
I received the letter, thank you! I'll post a bios here for everyone, maybe someone else will come in handy!

I posted the above image downloaded via HiveOS, if someone can unlock it, I will be grateful!
I have cards of the 101 series, and a colleague above laid out the bios for version 106, because each incorrect firmware entails soldering the bios chip and its firmware by the programmer , and I have already soldered it twice, I want to flash the correct bios already! I will explain for those who do not know, if you flash the wrong bios, the system does not start at all with this card, even the bils of the PC motherboard does not load!
Hi Beast, i have the same issue i have done an incorrect flash and i try some ways to solve it but nothing worked, now the only way is to weld the bios chip, im very new in this. do you have some pictures of who pins must i weld?

Could i use your modded bios? i have micron memory, maybe must i modify the vram config?
Can i flash with HiveOS?

im attaching my bios if its possible please unlock it.

Im from Argentina im trying to manage the language.

Thx so much!

Anhänge

• RadeonProW5700-8G-Micron_GDDR6-113-D1880201-106 ((BACKUP)).rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Hi Beast, i have the same issue i have done an incorrect flash and i try some ways to solve it but nothing worked, now the only way is to weld the bios chip, im very new in this. do you have some pictures of who pins must i weld?

Could i use your modded bios? i have micron memory, maybe must i modify the vram config?
Can i flash with HiveOS?

im attaching my bios if its possible please unlock it.

Im from Argentina im trying to manage the language.

Thx so much!
In the photo, the BIOS chip needs to be soldered and flash the original bios then soldered back!
I will not tell you where to buy it with a programmer, because I myself turned to friends in the service, they carefully opened everything without damaging the seals, soldered, stitched and re-soldered.

Anhänge

• B7FFA573-4133-4999-B260-FE5ACA19250F.jpeg
    B7FFA573-4133-4999-B260-FE5ACA19250F.jpeg
    1,3 MB · Aufrufe : 70
Against the background of the w5700 firmware, there was an ambiguous question, but is it worth doing this, because I have a stitched Asus Strix RX5700, which outputs 57-58Mh, but at the same time the number of balls it has is identical to the stock w5700, 45 for Strix and 45 for w5700! Someone throw off your results with the stitched w5700, it's very interesting how many balls they give out!

Anhänge

• D19C92BD-DB07-4C07-A039-A361D803707F.jpeg
    D19C92BD-DB07-4C07-A039-A361D803707F.jpeg
    589,4 KB · Aufrufe : 40
  • 0736D901-25A7-400E-9211-EC07B2D6EA46.jpeg
    0736D901-25A7-400E-9211-EC07B2D6EA46.jpeg
    595,7 KB · Aufrufe : 22
  • 102588D6-4926-49FF-89FA-54DD58EF135F.jpeg
    102588D6-4926-49FF-89FA-54DD58EF135F.jpeg
    574,6 KB · Aufrufe : 33
well... i tried 4 times soldering the chip pin 1 and pin 8 but i couldn't be successful... and i checked with a digital multimeter the continuity but i couldnt..
what i'm doing wrong? what can i do?

Anhänge

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    248,5 KB · Aufrufe : 42
well... i tried 4 times soldering the chip pin 1 and pin 8 but i couldn't be successful... and i checked with a digital multimeter the continuity but i couldnt..
what i'm doing wrong? what can i do?
And why solder the output 1 to 8??? You just need to solder the BIOS completely and flash it on the programmer, flash it with the native firmware back, then clean the patsky place and solder it again, no contacts need to be connected to each other!!!

You are welcome and no worries, I believe only this time this method was needed and after that I believe in case something happened, the recovery using a second gpu may be a success,

I am going to unlock the original vbios for you to modify it the way you like it.
Good day. I recently wrote to you about unlocking the BIOS for version 102, I am very much waiting for your answer!

@Beast819 Can you help me write a oc bios with original vbios
I myself am waiting for a dude with the nickname Mini_Me to unlock my bios, then it's a matter of configuration, the card does not load with the native after firmware and any changes to the bios, I have already soldered the bios a couple of times to flash the programmer back to the native, so if someone has cards on the Samsung line 101 pamchti, then I really ask you to help unlock the bios because to solder the chip every time after an unsuccessful firmware is a complete finish!
The original bios from my cards is in the post #322

Hi I just replaced memory thermal pads with Thermalright Odyssey 1.0mm and memory temps didn't change. Then I add another 1mm pads onto them and memory temps are now 70C at 100% fan speed (ambient temps is 38C, used to memory temps were 90C). But 2mm pads are still higher height than it needs to. Core junction temp is 80C and Core edge is 66C, used to there were 7C difference between the two and Junction temps weren't higher than 68C. In short 1mm doesn't have decent contact for memory and 2mm is too high for and doesnt have decent contact with gpu die, so 1.5mm Thermalright Odyssey thermal pads are probably the right size. I'm gonna order a pack and replace the curent ones.
replaced 2.0mm pads with 1.5mm Thermalright pads and memory temps are the same, but gpu junction temps are reduced by 3C, and the delta between edge and junction temps are reduced by 3C as well. Original delta was 7C, with changing thermal pads to 2.0mm and washer mod it increased to 13C, now after 1.5mm thermal pads and washer mod it's hovering 9-10C, probably curing period. This time I also changed VRM thermalpads with 1.0mm Thermalright pads aswell. Can't check their temperatures under HiveOS but power draw reduced by 1 or 2W, so it's likely it works alright thanks to reduced temperatures VRM section is more efficient.

TL/DR: correct thermalpad thickness' are Thermalright Odyssey pads 1.5mm for memory, 1.0mm for VRM.

Edit: Delta is 8C now and seems stable. It's been around 36hr since the application, arctic mx-4 2019 edition.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
@Mini_Me hello,Mini_Me,i have some GPU, size:AMD pro w5700, Dell. It’s Vbios is 106, could you help me decode it? Attach enclosed original BIOS,thx

Anhänge

• Dell W5700 106.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 2
  • gup.gif
    gup.gif
    25,4 KB · Aufrufe : 55
Oben Unten