Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

I have a W5700 ordered from Dell. Original BIOS is 106. I attempted to flash both the original Minime 102 and the updated one on post 262. On both, the system boots and I see the card in device manager, however, It shows as "Microsoft Standard Display adapter" and I cannot get it to accept drivers.

I have a W5700 ordered from Dell. Original BIOS is 106. I attempted to flash both the original Minime 102 and the updated one on post 262. On both, the system boots and I see the card in device manager, however, It shows as "Microsoft Standard Display adapter" and I cannot get it to accept drivers.
Hello. The stupid question: have you installed original AMD drivers? If yes, go to windows update and try to install them automatically. If you have changed the bios it is possible that the system now recognize your card as another type...

Hello, can you tell if this is minerstat os or window? I’m trying to find a way to monitor the performance and thr minerstat window doesnt show any info about temperature and power. Thanks
It seems that you need to use Teamredminer. I've had the same problem with Phoenix Miner after flashing the BIOS, hashrate about 40MH/s.
With Teamredminer it goes now from 50 - 60 MH/s.

I have attempted clean installs of AMD drivers. including the blockchain, WHQL Enterprise and their current non WHQL. I have 20yrs experience in the IT industry so I'm not a newb. But, new to w5700 modding. I now get the driver to load but get error 43 after performing a cleanup of drivers in windows and starting over.

I have attempted clean installs of AMD drivers. including the blockchain, WHQL Enterprise and their current non WHQL. I have 20yrs experience in the IT industry so I'm not a newb. But, new to w5700 modding. I now get the driver to load but get error 43 after performing a cleanup of drivers in windows and starting over.
Try to re-flash the modded vBIOS again.

Still having some issues but plan to give things another go today. Does anyone recommend using a specific AMD Driver? The special block chain drivers? or the WHQL drivers?

I am using NiceHash miner. Perhaps I should try the NiceHashOS miner?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Still having some issues but plan to give things another go today. Does anyone recommend using a specific AMD Driver? The special block chain drivers? or the WHQL drivers?

I am using NiceHash miner. Perhaps I should try the NiceHashOS miner?

Thanks in advance for assistance.
Hello. I use Ubuntu 20 and drivers from AMD web with modded bios and it works without any problems.

I'm having similar problems. w5700 from Dell with BIOS 106. I tried both Minime 102 and the version on post 262. My system posts but doesn't boot to windows. Is there a BIOS 106 version from Minime? I'm attaching the original Bios.

Anhänge

• biosW5700-106.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
There are many guides out there - you will use AMDVBFLASH to dump your BIOS and FLASH your BIOS. And you will use PolarisBiosEditor to do the mods. I am actually making a YouTube walkthrough on using the WX cards for mining as I write this!
Hi Desert Sweeper, I got sidetracked by a ton of other tasks, but am finally back to look at this. Did you end up making that youtube video?

Also, if anyone has a good online course or book on learning how to code custom VBIOS, I am thinking about looking into that as I like the idea of going into hardware/firmware programming anyway.

It's normal if you leave the fan speed setting as auto (blank).
It's not normal if you already set your fan speed at least 75%.

I've already modded vRAM thermal pads for all of my card.

I'm getting 74-76c for Micron and 70c for Samsung at 70% fan speed.
I don't know what my ambient is but it's quite warm because I live in Asia
and my mining rig is in a small closed room with a small gap window open.
Hello, Can you please share how to change the thermal pad and thermal paste for this W5700 GPU? I got the cards from Dell (v106) and it is running too hot (up to 85C VRAM after mod).

I've never done this before. It would be great if you can share the parts used for this as well.

Much appreciated.
Thanks

I'm having similar problems. w5700 from Dell with BIOS 106. I tried both Minime 102 and the version on post 262. My system posts but doesn't boot to windows. Is there a BIOS 106 version from Minime? I'm attaching the original Bios.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m running into the same issue with a BIOS 106.

EDIT: The bios flash does work. Was able to mine at 53MH at 90W, but upon restart I cannot get windows to load without crashing. Are there other drivers that work since it appears the current windows driver is of no service since my system was working great until restart.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello I have a question since I saw in another forum that it was not possible to connect 2 to the same motherboard.
And if you can, is there any inconvenience in connecting it to the riser or not?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m running into the same issue with a BIOS 106.

EDIT: The bios flash does work. Was able to mine at 53MH at 90W, but upon restart I cannot get windows to load without crashing. Are there other drivers that work since it appears the current windows driver is of no service since my system was working great until restart.
I also have this same issue with the Dell W5700. Anyone have a solution for this yet? Bios P/n 113-D18880301-106
I had to use the jumper method to re-install the original bios so it will boot up Windows.
Thanks.

Hello, i have BIOS version 100. Can you unlock this version for me? Thanks in advance @Mini_Me Attached original BIOS and screen from GPU-Z.

Anhänge

• RIG5 - GPU-Z.gif
    RIG5 - GPU-Z.gif
    25,6 KB · Aufrufe : 24
  • BIOS original backup.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 1
Hello, i have BIOS version 100. Can you unlock this version for me? Thanks in advance @Mini_Me Attached original BIOS and screen from GPU-Z.
Have you flashed the BIOS on your card? How much does it give out on the factory BIOS and with what settings? What is the consumption and heating? I'm waiting for a batch of these cards, I'm very interested in how they are in general? by the way, I see that you have it installed and updated in the raiser, how it works through the raiser because there was a rumor that a farm of several such cards does not work at all!

Oben Unten