Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Another nice improve after de 950Mhz SOC is to use lolMiner 1.17, I have got nearly 5-6W reduction compare to PhoenixMiner. You will see less Mhs than Phoenixminer, but we have to know that hashrate of PhoenixMiner is inflated, so at the end in my tests the numbers of shares are the same or better with lolminer. So we can have same shares or better and 5W less. That also will help to reduce memory temp in the card, that normally in Gigabyte is quite high. It is not a hardware mod but is always helpful 5W for temp and money.

Another nice improve after de 950Mhz SOC is to use lolMiner 1.17, I have got nearly 5-6W reduction compare to PhoenixMiner. You will see less Mhs than Phoenixminer, but we have to know that hashrate of PhoenixMiner is inflated, so at the end in my tests the numbers of shares are the same or better with lolminer. So we can have same shares or better and 5W less. That also will help to reduce memory temp in the card, that normally in Gigabyte is quite high. It is not a hardware mod but is always helpful 5W for temp and money.
Good remark, and to the point! LOL miner is also a podium contender! :))

Capping (limiting) the SoC at 950 MHz it is not recommended, however some people do like to do whatever they can to get what they want even if they do not know what are the consequences that is why the SoC cap (limit) was included in the guide for such people,

Here things are not done this way, safety and stability are the main goal here, unfortunately all the mining OS developers are lacking sufficient knowledge regarding the gpu components and the relationship between these components as well as the parameters, for an example, setting the memory clock below 1820 (910*2) MHz will automatically set the SoC clock at 950 MHz and at the same time other clocks will be adjusted with it and the power save that we see when capping the SoC at 950 MHz will be achieved however when it comes to OS all the kernels of mining OS snd the miners do not know how to handle the SoC and the other clocks DPM properly as it is already included by AMD in the vbios,

Well let things be, in the end everyone have their choice to how they live their lives and to handle the outcome of their choice.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I think that kerny666's kernel is the best for amd cards, especially for navi. Plus, everyone knows that phoenixminer inflates hashrate.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Capping (limiting) the SoC at 950 MHz it is highly not recommended, however some people do like to do whatever they can to get what they want even if they do not know what are the consequences that is why the SoC cap (limit) was included in the guide for such people,

Here things are not done this way, safety and stability are the main goal here, unfortunately all the mining OS developers are lacking sufficient knowledge regarding the gpu components and the relationship between these components as well as the parameters, for an example, setting the memory clock below 1820 (910*2) MHz will automatically set the SoC clock at 950 MHz and at the same time other clocks will be adjusted with it and the power save that we see when capping the SoC at 950 MHz will be achieved however when it comes to OS all the kernels of mining OS snd the miners do not know how to handle the SoC and the other clocks DPM properly as it is already included by AMD in the vbios,

Well let things be, in the end everyone have their choice to how they live their lives and to handle the outcome of their choice
I agree with you in some part... we must keep the ratio in sync. I follow your previous post and the cards are doing better, no invalid shares, no heat problems and the hashrate is better balance betewn cards. I couldn't be more happy with the results!

I agree with you in some part... we must keep the ratio in sync. I follow your previous post and the cards are doing better, no invalid shares, no heat problems and the hashrate is better balance betewn cards. I couldn't be more happy with the results!
I am glad it was useful, I recently updated it you may check it out,

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding the other part.

Anhänge

• ASUS-DUAL-EVO-RX-5700-ORIGINAL-APPLE-STRAPS-FINAL.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 10
  • SAPPHIRE-BLOWER-RX-5700-ORIGINAL-APPLE-STRAPES-FINAL.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Capping (limiting) the SoC at 950 MHz it is not recommended, however some people do like to do whatever they can to get what they want even if they do not know what are the consequences that is why the SoC cap (limit) was included in the guide for such people,

Well let things be, in the end everyone have their choice to how they live their lives and to handle the outcome of their choice.
Can you explain better which are the consequences?. What will happpen to the card?
Some cards automatic go to 950Mhz in SOC without any mod and others not...

I am glad it was useful, I recently updated it you may check it out,

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding the other part.
At first glance, I only see that you update the feature control section. What about DS UCLK, that's irrelevant now?

Regarding my thoughts on my previous post, when I wrote, the only think that was popping in my mind was the fact I use the hiveos system. So I can't agree with you on that with them. They are an exception! In hiveos, within the overclocking control section they have: core state; memory state; soc frequency and soc vdd max. Plus other options too. Also they have pre build images for asic machines. Very impressive!

Go check trm, very impressive on amd cards!
I did it, this is the reason I'm with lolMiner in all my farms... I don't say TRM is bad, but for me when you push for Watts reduction I prefer lolMiner, also working with mix Rig and you can also play with temperarute stop in memory for Navi to avoid to too much heat on the Navi Memorys... and some other interesting features...

At first glance, I only see that you update the feature control section. What about DS UCLK, that's irrelevant now?

Regarding my thoughts on my previous post, when I wrote, the only think that was popping in my mind was the fact I use the hiveos system. So I can't agree with you on that with them. They are an exception! In hiveos, within the overclocking control section they have: core state; memory state; soc frequency and soc vdd max. Plus other options too. Also they have pre build images for asic machines. Very impressive!
Unfortunately DS_UCLK is not working properly with some cards as I believe their vbios version is old v49 therefore I removed it however if someone who have newer vbios version v68 he can test it,

I would love to agree with you however HiveOS are not an exception and they are like the rest, letting the users fiddling with the parameters does not mean anything, unfortunately even the DPM profile they implemented in their OS is not reliable that is why users still need to fiddle with the parameters, more the reason the developers lack sufficient knowledge is they add to their settings whatever the people like, for an example the recently added SoC Frequency and SoC VDDmax,

The reason is such information are confidential and I believe AMD will not deal with the developers of mining systems however here we share these information for free even thought not that much because of legal reasons,

By the way the pre build images for asic machines that mining OS use are most likely outdated, one should remember that these developers are doing business and they do not care about what the users are going to do with their cards at all like some people who are like them.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I did it, this is the reason I'm with lolMiner in all my farms... I don't say TRM is bad, but for me when you push for Watts reduction I prefer lolMiner, also working with mix Rig and you can also play with temperarute stop in memory for Navi to avoid to too much heat on the Navi Memorys... and some other interesting features...
I suppose you didin't set the new green kernel option from trm. Also trm is only for amd cards, since I don't have any nvidia I can't argue with that! Although the trm lacks control voltages like phoenix miner, the submited accepted shares atpass all the other options out there, since that's the only think that matters, I really recommend trm.

I suppose you didin't set the new green kernel option from trm. Also trm is only for amd cards, since I don't have any nvidia I can't argue with that! Although the trm lacks control voltages like phoenix miner, the submited accepted shares atpass all the other options out there, since that's the only think that matters, I really recommend trm.
TeamRedMiner developers are wise, they decide not to concern the users with the voltages control and to do it by themselves.

Unfortunately DS_UCLK is not working properly with some cards as I believe their vbios version is old v49 therefore I removed it however if someone who have newer vbios version v68 he can test it,

I would love to agree with you however HiveOS are not an exception and they are like the rest, letting the users fiddling with the parameters does not mean anything, unfortunately even the DPM profile they implemented in their OS is not reliable that is why users still need to fiddle with the parameters, more the reason the developers lack sufficient knowledge is they add to their settings whatever the people like, for an example the recently added SoC Frequency and SoC VDDmax,

The reason is such information are confidential and I believe AMD will not deal with the developers of mining systems however here we share these information for free even thought not that much because of legal reasons,

By the way the pre build images for asic machines that mining OS use are most likely outdated, one should remember that these developers are doing business and they do not care about what the users are going to do with their cards at all.
Cr*p, my sapphire is v42.

Wait, they do limit the minimum and max permitted voltage. I guess, has they don't want users to bypass safety measures.
I honestly like the freedom to choose what to input. I come from windows, I try to went back but the lack of voltage inpunt change my mind rapidley. I'm addicted to there voltage control panel. I wish that trm release an update to support voltage control like phoenix miner does.
Yes, I agree with you. They recentley add soc frequency and soc vddmax option to the panel.

I see this more and more through the internet, always trying to sell knowledge. I appreciate what you did! Sharing the knowledge to other is fundamental!

I don't have an asic machine, I saw those pre built images. I thought that was amazing! The only think I could worry was on getting back to the original image after.

I say to you enjoy with TRM, lot other people stay with PhoenixMiner thinking they are mining faster... I have change all my farms to lolMiner...I have prove lot of miner for the farm and at the moment the best value for me with lower Watts and no crash is lolMiner. Making a small comparasion:

You are having 428W at the wall with 3 Cards...

56+ x 3 = 168Mhs / 428 = 0.3925 Mhs/W

My last Rig I mounted to add to the farm is with 6 x 5700 (Micron more consume) and 1x3080 at 400Mhs and 893W... 400/893=0,4479 Mhs/W... of course that was with lolMiner I wasn't able with TRM...

I say to you enjoy with TRM, lot other people stay with PhoenixMiner thinking they are mining faster... I have change all my farms to lolMiner...I have prove lot of miner for the farm and at the moment the best value for me with lower Watts and no crash is lolMiner. Making a small comparasion:

You are having 428W at the wall with 3 Cards...

56+ x 3 = 168Mhs / 428 = 0.3925 Mhs/W

My last Rig I mounted to add to the farm is with 6 x 5700 (Micron more consume) and 1x3080 at 400Mhs and 893W... 400/893=0,4479 Mhs/W... of course that was with lolMiner I wasn't able with TRM...
Absolutely, people are obsessed with hashrate. And phoenixminer gave them what they wanted!

Very impressive! Your pulling 893W from the wall? And what about settings, did you did anything with bios and voltages. Cuz this is very important too, I don't think that lolminer can achive this on its own.

Oben Unten