Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Absolutely, people are obsessed with hashrate. And phoenixminer gave them what they wanted!

Very impressive! Your pulling 893W from the wall? And what about settings, did you did anything with bios and voltages. Cuz this is very important too, I don't think that lolminer can achive this on its own.
The card used here are 5700 non XT and not XT, it easily to run 7x 5700 non XT on 1 psu gold rated 1000 watts and to run 6x 5700 XT on 1 psu gold rated 1000 watts as I know many who achieved this.

Cr*p, my sapphire is v42.

Wait, they do limit the minimum and max permitted voltage. I guess, has they don't want users to bypass safety measures.
I honestly like the freedom to choose what to input. I come from windows, I try to went back but the lack of voltage inpunt change my mind rapidley. I'm addicted to there voltage control panel. I wish that trm release an update to support voltage control like phoenix miner does.
Yes, I agree with you. They recentley add soc frequency and soc vddmax option to the panel.

I see this more and more through the internet, always trying to sell knowledge. I appreciate what you did! Sharing the knowledge to other is fundamental!

I don't have an asic machine, I saw those pre built images. I thought that was amazing! The only think I could worry was on getting back to the original image after.
I will send you something nice to check for your Sapphire with blower.

Absolutely, people are obsessed with hashrate. And phoenixminer gave them what they wanted!

Very impressive! Your pulling 893W from the wall? And what about settings, did you did anything with bios and voltages. Cuz this is very important too, I don't think that lolminer can achive this on its own.
Yes of course at the Wall... It is the only way to compare the same... I have seen some ASUS 5700 with 32W at the softare mining at 56Mhs... It is motivating but not real. The software is useful to make fast check, to see if your mods are usefull or not... At the moment any miner changes Navi bios... And every card has his Silicon Lottery, so you cannot make a standard. Also TRM don't modifiy BIOS or Voltages on Navi too... They recommend to use 3rd party softwares like AMD mem tweak tool. So if you want to improve Watts and Mhs, you should use 3rd party and read and try more... With old cards RX470/580 Claymore was the first to change the Straps (later copied but other miners ),

Although for me that's the average, since they change pool difficult constantly.
Just curious to see what the amount of shares can be submitted with that amount of hash.

@Mini_Me Is there a another way to share our ideas and thoughts without hijack this thread? Or this is fine within the community rules?

I say to you enjoy with TRM, lot other people stay with PhoenixMiner thinking they are mining faster... I have change all my farms to lolMiner...I have prove lot of miner for the farm and at the moment the best value for me with lower Watts and no crash is lolMiner. Making a small comparasion:

You are having 428W at the wall with 3 Cards...

56+ x 3 = 168Mhs / 428 = 0.3925 Mhs/W

My last Rig I mounted to add to the farm is with 6 x 5700 (Micron more consume) and 1x3080 at 400Mhs and 893W... 400/893=0,4479 Mhs/W... of course that was with lolMiner I wasn't able with TRM...

My last Rig I mounted to add to the farm is with 6 x 5700 (Micron more consume) and 1x3080 at 400Mhs and 893W... 400/893=0,4479 Mhs/W... of course that was with lolMiner I wasn't able with TRM...
with rtx 3080 you only do 63 mh?

Trm is a good software miner for AMD cards, here's a telling example in the image below!
What do you say, am I right?

Anhänge

• actiuni valide cu trm pe nanopool.png
    actiuni valide cu trm pe nanopool.png
    110 KB · Aufrufe : 26
Oben Unten