Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I bought MSI X Gaming rx 5600xt, the picture below, I kindly want to unlock the bios, I attach the stock bios, only micron memory.kindly for mini_me !

Anhänge

• MSI X GAMING.STOC-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-113-MSITV381MH.304.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
  • poza msi rx 5600 xt.JPG
    poza msi rx 5600 xt.JPG
    955,4 KB · Aufrufe : 16
I also got possession of the second Asrock rx 5600xt video card (picture below). I also attach the stock bios for unlocking.

Anhänge

• IMG_5833.JPG
    IMG_5833.JPG
    1.023,7 KB · Aufrufe : 10
  • ASROCK.STOC-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-113-EXT900163-L09.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Dear Mini_Me

Attached below is ori Gigabyte Windforce OC Rev 2.0 vBios. Micron. Currently flashed with MSI vbios. Any chance you can help to make it better?

Screenshot 2020-12-31 001805.jpg

Anhänge

• RX5600XT69567hiveori.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 5
msi gaming x rx 5600 xt is a monster with dual power supply 2x8 pins, heavy as a granite rock! ... 3kg, even bigger than some 5700xt rx. Good to do extreme tests!
That's great, only thing remains to check how many phase power MSI put, if it is seven or more that would give it a big potential for safe overclocking.

Anhänge

• RX 5600 XT GAMING Series Dragon Center BIOS Update SOP_V1.pdf
    1,4 MB · Aufrufe : 8
  • RX 5600 XT GAMING Series Live Update Tool BIOS Update SOP_V1.pdf
    2,5 MB · Aufrufe : 16
Greetings, and thank you all for a fantastic thread.

I am fairly new to this and I fear I am struggeling with a small technicality. I have found several VBIOS that match my cards and memory, but I keep getting the same error message when I try to flash. As you see from the picture below, I get an error message from ATIWinflash. I managed to upload a VBIOS from Techpowerup, but the only thing it did was to up the wattage on the card. I am now back to the original VBIOS.

Anybody up for helping a newbie?

Also attached is my original VBIOS downloaded with GPU-Z
Error from VBIOS.jpg

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Greetings, and thank you all for a fantastic thread.

I am fairly new to this and I fear I am struggeling with a small technicality. I have found several VBIOS that match my cards and memory, but I keep getting the same error message when I try to flash. As you see from the picture below, I get an error message from ATIWinflash. I managed to upload a VBIOS from Techpowerup, but the only thing it did was to up the wattage on the card. I am now back to the original VBIOS.

Anybody up for helping a newbie?

Also attached is my original VBIOS downloaded with GPU-Z
Anhang anzeigen 9034
Greetings and welcome,

Please use the latest vbios version for your card in the kindly attached link below,

When flashing please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Thank you @Mini_Me for your reply. I started to follow your guide. But the link to download AtiFlashTool 293+ did not work. I have the flash tool without +, but i assume it is essensial to use the correct one. Do you have another place for download?

Regards
Tom

Oben Unten