Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
First of all I wanted to thank Mini_Me and Alleycat for the great contribution. It helped me a lot to take my first steps in mining.

I am mining with 12 Gigabyte RX5700 XT rev2.0 I tried the vBios M provided by Mini_Me but although it says less power consumption on Hiveos on the wall it has the same consumption as the modified original vBios modded with apple straps an parameters as recommended in the Mini_Me tutorial.

I am also testing the TeamRedMinner as you said. Although it consumes less energy, but it also mines less but with a better ratio.

Could you give me a tip to improve performance? should I add parameters?

Again thank you very much!

Anhänge

• gigab.png
    gigab.png
    264,8 KB · Aufrufe : 132
i just put 8 Gigabyte RX5700 XT rev2.0 on stock bios 1111W from the plug, 982W shows simplemining, memory 82-88'C, cards are junk

Anhänge

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    94,3 KB · Aufrufe : 129
First of all I wanted to thank Mini_Me and Alleycat for the great contribution. It helped me a lot to take my first steps in mining.

I am mining with 12 Gigabyte RX5700 XT rev2.0 I tried the vBios M provided by Mini_Me but although it says less power consumption on Hiveos on the wall it has the same consumption as the modified original vBios modded with apple straps an parameters as recommended in the Mini_Me tutorial.

I am also testing the TeamRedMinner as you said. Although it consumes less energy, but it also mines less but with a better ratio.

Could you give me a tip to improve performance? should I add parameters?

Again thank you very much!
The main goal for rev. 2 vbios is stability,

Regarding performance, I believe you mean hashrate, please could you inform what is your main goal, is it best ratio or best performance or balanced?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas eve.
Some update about my battle with these Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700XTs, they really drove me crazy (maybe because my expectations where very high). I've been testing with vBIOS with different straps and settings. Right now, I've a "frankenstiened" vBIOS by adding the straps from rev.2 to the rev.1 file with the MPT setting posted previously by Mini_Me with slight modification of power settings with both Min Voltage Gfx and - - Soc set to 700 instead of 750. Still not very stable but the saga continues.
I'm getting about 55.5-56 mh @132-137 w total GPU power usage at the wall. These are not good results if you ask me. I'm comparing these results to what a youtuber BitsBeTrippen has achieved on a PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil (57 mh @127 w total GPU power usage at the wall). I believe I've got the worst binned silicon batch with the ones I have. Another problem is that these cards have bad cooling solution, Gigabyte seem to have used the same cooler that they'd used on GTX 1070 Ti gaming G1, I've got a couple of these and the cooler is almost identical.
Anyhoo, enough complaining from me, now is it's X-mas and new year, the time for hope and new beginnings :)
I will gladly share my results (settings & BIOS files) one I achieve a stable setup.

On another note, I've got a couple of 'Asus Radeon RX 5600 XT Dual EVO Top' cards whish suffer the same issue of having the vBIOS locked. The only BIOS I could get to flash on these cards is the one made for MSI Gaming XM that's available on reddit. I'm wonder if @Mini_Me has some working solution for these cards since they have an overclocked VRAM @14 Gbps instead of 12 for the non TOP variants. Would be interesting
to see if it's possible to take advantage of the quicker VRAM.
I can create a new thread for specifically for these cards

Hi guys ...
I'm asking for help.
I have a lot of 5700XT Sapphire with Samsung GDDR, and only one Micron... [Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176 - Sapphire : Micron GDDR6 113-410XT-US4]

during the bios modification process, card by card, I mistakenly flashed
samsung bios to micron, and after that I can't find original bios. I have origo bios for all Samsung, but not for this one Micron.

Now the card does not work, in HiveOS, the miner does not start.
Is there any way to get to the Micron bios specifically this type? Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176 - Sapphire : Micron GDDR6 113-410XT-US4
Would anyone provide me with origo bios for this card?

Thanks for you help

And yes, I'm stupid, I screwed up...

Hi guys ...
I'm asking for help.
I have a lot of 5700XT Sapphire with Samsung GDDR, and only one Micron... [Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176 - Sapphire : Micron GDDR6 113-410XT-US4]

samsung bios to micron, and after that I can't find original bios. I have origo bios for all Samsung, but not for this one Micron.

Is there any way to get to the Micron bios specifically this type? Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176 - Sapphire : Micron GDDR6 113-410XT-US4

Thanks for you help

go to https://www.techpowerup.com/

download origo bios

Hi guys ...
I'm asking for help.

Thanks for you help

anyway you are saved ... don't you have a dual bios? Turn on the card with the switch in the other position, save the bios, and while the board is working, switch to the other position and flash the card with the previously saved bios. Spor!

Some update about my battle with these Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700XTs, they really drove me crazy (maybe because my expectations where very high). I've been testing with vBIOS with different straps and settings. Right now, I've a "frankenstiened" vBIOS by adding the straps from rev.2 to the rev.1 file with the MPT setting posted previously by Mini_Me with slight modification of power settings with both Min Voltage Gfx and - - Soc set to 700 instead of 750. Still not very stable but the saga continues.
I'm getting about 55.5-56 mh @132-137 w total GPU power usage at the wall. These are not good results if you ask me. I'm comparing these results to what a youtuber BitsBeTrippen has achieved on a PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil (57 mh @127 w total GPU power usage at the wall). I believe I've got the worst binned silicon batch with the ones I have. Another problem is that these cards have bad cooling solution, Gigabyte seem to have used the same cooler that they'd used on GTX 1070 Ti gaming G1, I've got a couple of these and the cooler is almost identical.
Anyhoo, enough complaining from me, now is it's X-mas and new year, the time for hope and new beginnings :)
I will gladly share my results (settings & BIOS files) one I achieve a stable setup.

On another note, I've got a couple of 'Asus Radeon RX 5600 XT Dual EVO Top' cards whish suffer the same issue of having the vBIOS locked. The only BIOS I could get to flash on these cards is the one made for MSI Gaming XM that's available on reddit. I'm wonder if @Mini_Me has some working solution for these cards since they have an overclocked VRAM @14 Gbps instead of 12 for the non TOP variants. Would be interesting
This guy powercolor red devil has better pcb with better silicon and binning, the same pcb of 5700XTX which consumes less power at the same performance of 5700XT, unfortunately only 20% or 15% of 5700 on the market are with XTX pcb therefore we can not take this guy card as a reference, and there is a work around that might decrease the power consumption however as I stated before I need a volunteer with dual vbios card to help in testing.

You can send me your Asus 5600 XT original backup vbios, I will unlock it for modification as well as remove the limitation and make it achieve the same result of 5700.

Hi guys ...
I'm asking for help.

Thanks for you help

Hi and welcome,

If I find it I will send it to you whenever it is possible.

Hi guys ...
I'm asking for help.

Thanks for you help

You can find the vbios file for your Sapphire Nitro+ card US4 in the kindly attached link below,

Anhänge

• Sapphire-NITRO+_RX57XT-US4.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 28
anyway you are saved ... don't you have a dual bios? Turn on the card with the switch in the other position, save the bios, and while the board is working, switch to the other position and flash the card with the previously saved bios. Spor!
thanks a lot,
I totally forgot on dual BIOS, yes, that's help, I was able download second BIOS from card, and now card is back online.
Thank you guys.

AlleyCat and Mini_Me thank you for your effort.
I have a trick up my sleeve however I need help to test it,

Any volunteer who have at least one way or method of recovery is welcomed.
I have Asrock Phantom gaming 5700XT, micron memory, and Powercolor reddevil 5700xt with samsung memory, if you are willing to mod it i can provide tests with measurements of power consumptions from 6pin extender and from 2x8pin gpu connectors

Anhänge

• img_20201225_222851_720.jpg
    img_20201225_222851_720.jpg
    19,5 KB · Aufrufe : 118
AlleyCat and Mini_Me thank you for your effort.

I have Asrock Phantom gaming 5700XT, micron memory, and Powercolor reddevil 5700xt with samsung memory, if you are willing to mod it i can provide tests with measurements of power consumptions from 6pin extender and from 2x8pin gpu connectors
Very well, after I finish I will update you whenever it is possible.

Oben Unten