Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Please try the settings below,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD
- 1365 MHz, 765 mV : 880 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV, ~54.15 hashrate,
- 1375 MHz, 770 mV : 895 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.15 hashrate.
Reporting back:
the first line settings yielded a higher power usage 137-140w at the wall
C1365.JPG

The second line yielded even higher power usage at 145 at the wall, the difference isn't seen in SW but I believe that's due to the extra watts been drown through the PCIe riser.
1608390961595.png

So now I reverted back to a more power efficient settings with power usage at 127-128w at the wall that were stable for overnight operation.
1608391166859.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
in the morning I use TeamRedMiner, but as you can see, very poor performance (is it possible that the settings are to blame?) I now switched to LOL MINER, I will update the result tomorrow!

Anhänge

• team reder nanoopool.png
    team reder nanoopool.png
    115,4 KB · Aufrufe : 47
care dintre cele 9 imagini hiveos, recomandate pentru cardurile rx 5700/5700xt ?? open cl 19.20..19.30...20.30 ???

Anhänge

• hive os imagini.png
    hive os imagini.png
    66,1 KB · Aufrufe : 61
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
As promised, results after fine-tuning. Might still play around with it a bit, but this is stable so far (except my Vega, which is a disaster and have no idea what to do with it, crashes all the time with almost any settings, regardless of oc, undervolt, etc, and worked perfectly fine under windows isolated in a rig on its own for 5+ days)

Please note, I have switched to TRM as suggested by you all, so hashrate is real and lower than Phoenix used to report in my previous posts, and only 5 cards are Gigabyte Gaming OC. GPU 1, 5, 6, 7, 10. Rest are non-xt asus, and 1 vega 56 / 64 bios + custom straps
Nonetheless, Impressive results from the Gigabyte cards, especially compared to where I began from! Thank you all!

....Now to get onto the rest of the cards :)

rig.PNG

Hello again! Before flashing Mini_Me's unlocked vbios for my Gigabyte 5700 XTs, the software reading of my rev 1 cards' consumption were around 118 watts. From the wall, each card was still consuming 140+ watts. After flashing the unlocked vbios, software reports 101-104 watts but from the wall the consumption didn't change as according to my kill a watt, each card still consumes 140+ watts. Am I doing something wrong? Risers were accounted for for this comparison.

Greetings and welcome,

The vbios kindly attached below are the latest version 068 that fully support Zero RPM feature, unlocked and modified with Apple straps for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING and AORUS cards with Micron memory that I highly recommend to use them from now on for Gigabyte cards and for cards with Samsung memory I am working on it at the meantime, please after testing update whenever it is possible,

You may have a good day.
Hi Mini me,

Thanks much for providing the bios also for the Aorus.
Now the following is still happening:
- When I flash your bios without using the MPT, then hiveos mining runs well.
Once I use MPT, flashback the bios (on silent), then I still get the following:

amdgpu: failed to write reg 28b4 wait reg 28c6
amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state

Any ideas what's causing this? Should I just run without using MPT?

On another note: The fans on my other Aorus 5700xt completely fail. They stopped spinning at all. Tried various settings including OC/silent switch. Seems to be a RMA case. This was not related to this bios flashing though! They just stopped after mining with this card for 2 weeks

Hi Mini me,

Thanks much for providing the bios also for the Aorus.
Now the following is still happening:
- When I flash your bios without using the MPT, then hiveos mining runs well.
Once I use MPT, flashback the bios (on silent), then I still get the following:

amdgpu: failed to write reg 28b4 wait reg 28c6
amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state

Any ideas what's causing this? Should I just run without using MPT?

On another note: The fans on my other Aorus 5700xt completely fail. They stopped spinning at all. Tried various settings including OC/silent switch. Seems to be a RMA case. This was not related to this bios flashing though! They just stopped after mining with this card for 2 weeks
Hi and welcome,

Have you followed the guide in the kindly attached link below as I updated it last week,

label, box XFX picture, For more exact details + bios created by me!
Greetings,

I have managed to get the latest vbios for your card in the kindly attached link below and I believe there is no more update after that, you can modify it to your liking,

Anhänge

• RX-57XT83LD8-v68-V4.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 28
Small update, my wife hasnt gone into labor yet. It was a false alarm, but we're impatiently waiting now 🤪
So i went back to work on my rigs. I flashed aal the gigabyte 5700xt's and also my sapphire and powercolor ones with the apple timings. I tried several combinations of 1500 and higher straps as well as full timings without straps.
I tweaked the Tref per gpu to get the best best efficiency possible (lowest mem temp, lowest powerdraw, highest hashrate in this exact order of importance for me).
In the ppt I set the mem timings to 1 instead of 2 as this gave me a bit more stability and slightly lower power draw.
Also tweaked the max SoC & GFX frequency and voltage per gpu.
I managed to get the Gigabyte gpu's to a ratio of 0.52 which is better than I ever achieved on the 1.0 bios and managed to get the sapphire and powercolor gpu's (both samsung memory) to an impressive 0.58-0.62 ratio!!
The gigabyte cards run at about 58.00MH (a single one wont run over 907 mem so this sits at 56.4) in TRM and the samsung memory at 55.6MH also in TRM. Give or take a couple of tenths for silicon lottery.
I went for TRM as this gave me a slightly lower powerdraw and slightly lower memtemps AND more definitelymore stability over phoenixminer or NBminer.
This has been running stable for about 30hours with a couple rejectes shares but these are under 0.5% of total shares.
Micron mem temps are at 78°c with my heatsink mods.
Samsung memory is at 66-72°c without any mods or repasting/padding.
I want to thank you guys a million times for providing me with the tools to make this happen!!!

If anyone is struggling to find the general settings for their gpu's or needs help tuning their cards, I will be happy to help you achieve the best results using my methods.
Be wary, this WILL take a lot of patience and hours to dial your rigs and gpu's to the goldilocks zone. Also dont compare your results to anyone else or even among your own gpu's as there are differences between each individual component (gpu's, risers, cables, psu, motherboard, etc...)

Small update, my wife hasnt gone into labor yet. It was a false alarm, but we're impatiently waiting now 🤪
So i went back to work on my rigs. I flashed aal the gigabyte 5700xt's and also my sapphire and powercolor ones with the apple timings. I tried several combinations of 1500 and higher straps as well as full timings without straps.
I tweaked the Tref per gpu to get the best best efficiency possible (lowest mem temp, lowest powerdraw, highest hashrate in this exact order of importance for me).
In the ppt I set the mem timings to 1 instead of 2 as this gave me a bit more stability and slightly lower power draw.
Also tweaked the max SoC & GFX frequency and voltage per gpu.
I managed to get the Gigabyte gpu's to a ratio of 0.52 which is better than I ever achieved on the 1.0 bios and managed to get the sapphire and powercolor gpu's (both samsung memory) to an impressive 0.58-0.62 ratio!!
The gigabyte cards run at about 58.00MH (a single one wont run over 907 mem so this sits at 56.4) in TRM and the samsung memory at 55.6MH also in TRM. Give or take a couple of tenths for silicon lottery.
I went for TRM as this gave me a slightly lower powerdraw and slightly lower memtemps AND more definitelymore stability over phoenixminer or NBminer.
This has been running stable for about 30hours with a couple rejectes shares but these are under 0.5% of total shares.
Micron mem temps are at 78°c with my heatsink mods.
Samsung memory is at 66-72°c without any mods or repasting/padding.
I want to thank you guys a million times for providing me with the tools to make this happen!!!

If anyone is struggling to find the general settings for their gpu's or needs help tuning their cards, I will be happy to help you achieve the best results using my methods.
Be wary, this WILL take a lot of patience and hours to dial your rigs and gpu's to the goldilocks zone. Also dont compare your results to anyone else or even among your own gpu's as there are differences between each individual component (gpu's, risers, cables, psu, motherboard, etc...)
Greetings,

I hope you and your wife and baby are fine and safe,

Please read the post in the kindly attached link below, you might find interesting information tham might be useful,

You and your family may have a good day,

Regards

Hello . I watched with great interest the posts on this forum. I appreciate the titanic work of those involved in the mining process with the help of rx 57xx cards, and I also thank you on this occasion. I try and hope to succeed, to build a platform with 8 rx57xx cards, so far the platform has reached 5 totally different cards, as you can see in the picture. A small problem would be the moderation of the XFX card, which consumes a bit "exaggerated" after as some people say, or misrepresent the hiveos? I attach below the stock bios for connoisseurs !. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share, from my little one!
Thanks, but I had the original stock bios, Here's the proof!

Oben Unten