Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Aplologies for the multiple replies, but I'm trying to update as I test different things.
Putting the cards on HiveOS made a very little difference which I would argue as result of the possibility to adjust mem_voltage. I'm getting 54mh/s @125w at the wall. And as I mentioned before this version of the vBIOS does not report total power usage so here's how it looks like
Anhang anzeigen 8683
this was running for more than a couple of hours on 2 different pools (1 hr each).
My goal is to achieve stable 24/7 @115-117w at the wall and I honestly don't care if I get more hashrate at this moment but if I can that would be just a huge plus.
Please read the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Please read the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Thank you for the guide.
Here's what I did:
I took the new vBIOS file (Rev 2) and added to it the mpt file that I created with the values given in your guide
(
GFX Maximum Clock 1440 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 960 MHz*
)
(
Power Limit GPU 140 W
TDC Limit GFX 120 A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A
)
*I see another guide in the same page but that had the 'Memory Maximum Clock 960 MHz' I disregarded that one.

I added the mpt file to the vBIOS in RBE and saved and flashed to the card.
By using the first row of the recommended tuning parameters (1380 MHz, 770 mV : 900 MHz, 800 mV or 850 mV, 1310 mV or 1350 mV) the power usage jumped to 140w (180w total system at wall)
1608317394519.png
which's worse efficiency than 54mh/s @125w.
I still believe that I'm missing something but can't figure out what.

Thank you for the guide.
Here's what I did:
I took the new vBIOS file (Rev 2) and added to it the mpt file that I created with the values given in your guide
(
)
(
Power Limit GPU 140 W
TDC Limit GFX 120 A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A
)
*I see another guide in the same page but that had the 'Memory Maximum Clock 960 MHz' I disregarded that one.

By using the first row of the recommended tuning parameters (1380 MHz, 770 mV : 900 MHz, 800 mV or 850 mV, 1310 mV or 1350 mV) the power usage jumped to 140w (180w total system at wall)
Anhang anzeigen 8684
The hash rate is a combination of core and memory clocks. Don't expect for high hash at a core speed below 1360. You will get good hash at a core range of 1360 to 1440. The selection on the core speed depends on how important efficiency for you.

As you can see from the picture you posted, your has increased to 56.4 when you increased the core to 1380. These cards run steadily at 56'sh MH/s. I found that trying to run them at higher speed results in an exponential increase in power and temperature.

I want my GPUs to run for years. Memory temperature is important to me. Therefore, all my GPUs with Micron memory run at 88c or below.

Thank you for the guide.
Here's what I did:
(
)
(
Power Limit GPU 140 W
TDC Limit GFX 120 A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A
)

Anhang anzeigen 8684
If you are using phoenixminer as I see from your hashrate then please use TeamRedMiner instead as phoenixminer kernel is a power hungry and fishy one.

Hello . I watched with great interest the posts on this forum. I appreciate the titanic work of those involved in the mining process with the help of rx 57xx cards, and I also thank you on this occasion. I try and hope to succeed, to build a platform with 8 rx57xx cards, so far the platform has reached 5 totally different cards, as you can see in the picture. A small problem would be the moderation of the XFX card, which consumes a bit "exaggerated" after as some people say, or misrepresent the hiveos? I attach below the stock bios for connoisseurs !. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share, from my little one!

Anhänge

• rig 5 placi rx 5700.png
    rig 5 placi rx 5700.png
    108,9 KB · Aufrufe : 180
  • RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-113-180W2NAVI10XT8GD6_MS_191122_W8.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 38
Hello and welcome,

I will took a look at the vbios files and I will modify it however at first I would like to know if your xfx card has dual vbios or one? If it has dual vbios then please put the switch on the silent vbios and back up it and send it to me.

Greetings and welcome,

The vbios kindly attached below are the latest version 068 that fully support Zero RPM feature, unlocked and modified with Apple straps for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING and AORUS cards with Micron memory that I highly recommend to use them from now on for Gigabyte cards and for cards with Samsung memory I am working on it at the meantime, please after testing update whenever it is possible,

You may have a good day.
the new vbios test
gigabyte 5700 non xt
POWER 100 W
CORE 1450
VDD/VDDCI/MVDD
760/770/1350
MEM
=================
Aours 5700 xt
POWER 105 W
CORE 1450
VDD/VDDCI/MVDD
760/770/1350
MEM
================
in wall full rig 675 W MINER UPTIME 15h 3m

The hash rate is a combination of core and memory clocks. Don't expect for high hash at a core speed below 1360. You will get good hash at a core range of 1360 to 1440. The selection on the core speed depends on how important efficiency for you.

As you can see from the picture you posted, your has increased to 56.4 when you increased the core to 1380. These cards run steadily at 56'sh MH/s. I found that trying to run them at higher speed results in an exponential increase in power and temperature.

I want my GPUs to run for years. Memory temperature is important to me. Therefore, all my GPUs with Micron memory run at 88c or below.
Thank you for your input, really appreciate it. I actually have been doing this since mid 2017 but that doesn't mean one would need some help every now and then. Back then, signed bioses and driver-locked hardware capabilities were not a thing (not with AMD anyway).
Anyhoo, my confusion arose from the fact that when I looked at the numbers at the beginning of this thread (some of which were posted by you) it got a little frustrating given the fact that I have the same make and model (of course not 2 GPUs are made the same) but a couple of watts wouldn't mean much. The results I'm getting are way off, read 25-30 watts at the same settings.
I can achieve ~57mh only at 140w (at the wall) I should say however I'm not sure whether the posted power usage numbers are total GPU (the 8+6 PCIe connector & the PCIe x1 riser). I always refer to the total wattage (GPU 8+6)+PCIex1 riser and I believe this very important for the simple reason that you're paying to the total power usage which might be confusing especially for new-comers.
As I mentioned before, my goal is ultimate power efficiency. I'll continue testing with a brand new (same) GPU and will post my results here.

Bună și bunvenit,

Voi arunca o privire asupra fișierelor vbios și o voi modifica, însă la început aș dori să știu dacă cardul dvs. xfx are vbios dublu sau unul? Dacă are dual vbios, vă rugăm să puneți comutatorul pe vbios silențios și să-l faceți backup și să mi-l trimiteți.
Biosul, salvat și atașat, este biosul tăcut

If you are using phoenixminer as I see from your hashrate then please use TeamRedMiner instead as phoenixminer kernel is a power hungry and fishy one.
I switched to TRM and not much difference. The hashrate went down to 53,2 from 54 but power usage stayed the same. I'd like to know whether power usage numbers posted in this thread are what's reported in SW (GPU ASIC only) or it's the total wattage of the whole PCB i.e. total system usage at the wall - (MB+RAM+CPU which's usually around 40-65w, of course depending on the CPU used).

Thank you for your input, really appreciate it. I actually have been doing this since mid 2017 but that doesn't mean one would need some help every now and then. Back then, signed bioses and driver-locked hardware capabilities were not a thing (not with AMD anyway).
Anyhoo, my confusion arose from the fact that when I looked at the numbers at the beginning of this thread (some of which were posted by you) it got a little frustrating given the fact that I have the same make and model (of course not 2 GPUs are made the same) but a couple of watts wouldn't mean much. The results I'm getting are way off, read 25-30 watts at the same settings.
I can achieve ~57mh only at 140w (at the wall) I should say however I'm not sure whether the posted power usage numbers are total GPU (the 8+6 PCIe connector & the PCIe x1 riser). I always refer to the total wattage (GPU 8+6)+PCIex1 riser and I believe this very important for the simple reason that you're paying to the total power usage which might be confusing especially for new-comers.
As I mentioned before, my goal is ultimate power efficiency. I'll continue testing with a brand new (same) GPU and will post my results here.
Please try the settings below,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD
- 1365 MHz, 765 mV : 880 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV, ~54.15 hashrate,
- 1375 MHz, 770 mV : 895 MHz, 850 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.15 hashrate.

Salut . Am urmărit cu mare interes postările de pe acest forum. Apreciez munca titanică a celor implicați în procesul minier cu ajutorul cardurilor rx 57xx și vă mulțumesc, de asemenea, cu această ocazie. Încerc și sper să reușesc, să construiesc o platformă cu 8 cărți rx57xx, până acum platforma a ajuns la 5 cărți total diferite, după cum puteți vedea în imagine. O mică problemă ar fi moderarea cardului XFX, care consumă un pic „exagerat” după cum spun unii oameni, sau denaturează hiveo-urile? Atașez mai jos bios-ul stocului pentru cunoscători!. Vă mulțumesc că mi-ați dat ocazia de a împărtăși, de la micuțul meu!
Bună și bunvenit,

Voi arunca o privire asupra fișierelor vbios și o voi modifica, însă la început aș dori să știu dacă cardul dvs. xfx are vbios dublu sau unul? Dacă are dual vbios, vă rugăm să puneți comutatorul pe vbios silențios și să-l faceți backup și să mi-l trimiteți.
Biosul, salvat și atașat, este biosul tăcut. Poziționați comutatorul către prizele de ieșire!

This is the vBIOS I'm using. If you could kindly have a look. I might have missed something.

Anhänge

• M-Gigabyte-RX57XT-rev2-FZ0-2313+igorslab-mpt.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 36
This is the vBIOS I'm using. If you could kindly have a look. I might have missed something.
Is the attached vbios from the post below? If yes then I may try to look for another solution for your case,

Is the attached vbios from the post below? If yes then I may try to look for another solution for your case,

Yes, it is. and the mpt created from the values in the below post:

Yes, it is. and the mpt created from the values in the below post:
Very well, If I achieved something new I will update you whenever it is possible.

Oben Unten