Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good Morning!
Dear, for some reason the MPT settings that colleagues are successfully using for Gigabyte Gaming do not work for the Powercolor Red Devil.
Reboots and crashes right after starting Phoenixminer / TeamRedMiner with parameters -cclock 1400 -cvddc 800 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350;

I tried change the strips (Apple) without loading the modified MPT and ... voila .... It works well. Hash of 56.7MHs with an estimated consumption of 105w (software).
By the way, if you like to change the power curve of your card then you can do that by using the guide in the kindly attached link below,

https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-82169

By the way, if you like to change the power curve of your card then you can do that by using the guide in the kindly attached link below,

https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-8216

I'll try this, thanks.

After a few hours, the Apple strips showed some incorrect sharing. :(
I made a new BIOS by copying the 1500/1550 timings for all subsequent ones and keeping the original MPT.
It has been running for + - 2h, still without incorrect shares (but it is still early).

I took my smart plug off the platform and plugged it into my old desktop.
Interestingly, the measurement reported by the software is relatively accurate.
Idle system consumption = 70w.
Mining consumption (55.4Mhs) = 180w.
Consumption reported by software = 105w.
Difference of only 5w.

I'll try this, thanks.

After a few hours, the Apple strips showed some incorrect sharing. :(
I made a new BIOS by copying the 1500/1550 timings for all subsequent ones and keeping the original MPT.
It has been running for + - 2h, still without incorrect shares (but it is still early).

I took my smart plug off the platform and plugged it into my old desktop.
Interestingly, the measurement reported by the software is relatively accurate.
Idle system consumption = 70w.
Mining consumption (55.4Mhs) = 180w.
Consumption reported by software = 105w.
Difference of only 5w.
The invalid/rejected shares most likely caused by insufficient voltages, the Apple straps are most likely not the cause,
Please could you share your current setting that you are using now?

what about the -mvddci value?

And please do not cap (limit) the soc max clock in the mpt at 950 MHz.
First of all, thanks for your patience !! :)
I am attaching my screens to the adjusted MPT file that I tried to use in the BIOS without success.
I'm not using the -mvddci parameter because the mining software doesn't support it. I'm on windows.

Anhänge

• MPT6.jpg
    MPT6.jpg
    72,4 KB · Aufrufe : 58
  • MPT5.jpg
    MPT5.jpg
    61,6 KB · Aufrufe : 57
  • MPT4.jpg
    MPT4.jpg
    74,1 KB · Aufrufe : 54
  • MPT3.jpg
    MPT3.jpg
    69,5 KB · Aufrufe : 51
  • MPT2.jpg
    MPT2.jpg
    84,6 KB · Aufrufe : 53
First of all, thanks for your patience !! :)
I am attaching my screens to the adjusted MPT file that I tried to use in the BIOS without success.
I'm not using the -mvddci parameter because the mining software doesn't support it. I'm on windows.
Is everything fine now? If not then as you are using windows please follow the guide on page 15 in the order below,

Step 1 then 17 and 18,
After that the steps from 2 to 16,

And that's it, please do test and update whenever it is possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Is everything fine now? If not then as you are using windows please follow the guide on page 15 in the order below,

Step 1 then 17 and 18,
After that the steps from 2 to 16,

And that's it, please do test and update whenever it is possible.
Good Morning.
Sorry I'm late ... Good news !! :)
Now everything seems to be working as expected. :)
Running for 6h: 56.7Mhs@106W. GPU Temp: 56C, Mem Temp: 84C, Ambient Temp: 18C, fan 30%, 0 invalid shares;
-cclock 1400 -cvddc 800 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350
Thank you for your help and patience.
Have a great week !!

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good Morning.
Sorry I'm late ... Good news !! :)
Now everything seems to be working as expected. :)
Running for 6h: 56.7Mhs@106W. GPU Temp: 56C, Mem Temp: 84C, Ambient Temp: 18C, fan 30%, 0 invalid shares;
-cclock 1400 -cvddc 800 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350
Thank you for your help and patience.
Have a great week !!
Good morning,

Please could you inform us about the last work that have you done?

Good morning,

Please could you inform us about the last work that have you done?
Of course!
1) Restored the OEM BIOS with amdvbflash 2.93.
2) MPT: loaded OEM BIOS; redid all the settings as you instructed, changing Memory Maximum Clock from 955 to 1000 MHz, keeping Soc maximum at 1267Mhz and disabling Fan "Zero RPM Enable";
3) Write SPPT;
4) Restart GPU drivers whit CRU; verification SPPT: ok;
5) Save MPT file;
6) Edited OEM BIOS with RBE, loading previously saved MPT file and replacing straps with Apple ones, saving after editing Micron and then Samsung;
7) Mod_BIOS flash with amdvbflash 2.93.

All steps in windows 10 x64.

I'm waiting for 6 to 8 pin adapters to connect the cards on my platform with HIVEOS.
My PSUs (EVGA P1200) only have 8+6 cables, none 8+8 :(
I have 8+8 cable on my Corsair CX600 on the Desktop, but I don't want to mix cables from different brand PSUs.
Thanks again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Of course!
1) Restored the OEM BIOS with amdvbflash 2.93.
2) MPT: loaded OEM BIOS; redid all the settings as you instructed, changing Memory Maximum Clock from 955 to 1000 MHz, keeping Soc maximum at 1267Mhz and disabling Fan "Zero RPM Enable";
3) Write SPPT;
4) Restart GPU drivers whit CRU; verification SPPT: ok;
5) Save MPT file;
6) Edited OEM BIOS with RBE, loading previously saved MPT file and replacing straps with Apple ones, saving after editing Micron and then Samsung;
7) Mod_BIOS flash with amdvbflash 2.93.

All steps in windows 10 x64.

I'm waiting for 6 to 8 pin adapters to connect the cards on my platform with HIVEOS.
My PSUs (EVGA P1200) only have 8+6 cables, none 8+8 :(
I have 8+8 cable on my Corsair CX600 on the Desktop, but I don't want to mix cables from different brand PSUs.
Thanks again.
You are very welcome,

I refined the guide on the pages 2, 15, 28 and 32, whenever you have time to try the refined guide on page 15 then I would appreciate your kind feedback,

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.

You are very welcome,

I refined the guide on the pages 2, 15, 28 and 32, whenever you have time to try the refined guide on page 15 then I would appreciate your kind feedback,

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.
When I have some time I will certainly do it.
Noob Doubt: Curvature, Vertex and Offset are respectively a,b,c in the Curve tab in MPT?

For stable 24/7 operating, please start with the setting below,

Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD
910 MHz, 800 mV, 1310 mV

Core clock, VDD
1385 MHz, 770 mV,

And pleade once per week check the guide on pages 2 and 32 for potential refining updates as now I recently updated the guide on these pages, plrade check it out in the kindly attached link below,

I'm not seeing VDDCI, MVDD settings available in the more power tool?

910 MHz, 800 mV, 1310 mV

I'm not seeing VDDCI, MVDD settings available in the more power tool?

910 MHz, 800 mV, 1310 mV
The VDDCI and MVDD is in Linux based system like HiveOS is shown however in Windows I believe it is only in through registry editing.

The reason for not listing the MVDD and VDDCI in the MorePowerTool is that there are other voltages related to it and it was recommended not to let the community alter with it.

The VDDCI and MVDD is in Linux based system like HiveOS is shown however in Windows I believe it is only in through registry editing.

The reason for not listing the MVDD and VDDCI in the MorePowerTool is that there are other voltages related to it and it was recommended not to let the community alter with it.
Gotcha, thank you...I'll save the information for if I go to Linux!

Oben Unten