Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I followed Minime example here:

Greetings.
I performed the procedures described and successfully flashed the Powercolor Red Devil, however it is not recognized by AMD drivers on windows and GPUZ does not detect GPU speed or memories. I will attach the files here. In case anyone has the time to take a quick look and tell me where I am failing, I appreciate it very much. Good weekend to everyone.
Edit: I used option 1.

Anhänge

• OEM_OC_BIOS.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 6
  • OEM_Silent_BIOS.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
  • Mod_Silent_BIOS.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
Greetings.
I performed the procedures described and successfully flashed the Powercolor Red Devil, however it is not recognized by AMD drivers on windows and GPUZ does not detect GPU speed or memories. I will attach the files here. In case anyone has the time to take a quick look and tell me where I am failing, I appreciate it very much. Good weekend to everyone.
Edit: I used option 1.
Greetings and welcome,

Please could you clarify more regarding which guide you used when you performed the modification to your card and what is your card model?

Greetings and welcome,

Please could you clarify more regarding which guide you used when you performed the modification to your card and what is your card model?
Thanks for helping !!
The card is a Powercolor RX5700XT 8GB Red Devil.
1) Saved both original BIOS with GPUz (OEM_OC_BIOS and OEM_Silent_BIOS).
2) Opened OEM_Silent_BIOS with MPT and made the adjustments you described on page 2, post 35; saved the MPT file.
3) Opened OEM_Silent_BIOS this time with RBE, loaded the settings from the MPT file and changed the timmings for Samsung and Micron for the Apple ones you provided (option 1).
4) Save the resulting BIOS (Mod_Silent_BIOS) and successfully flash using amdvbflash 2.93.

Thanks for helping !!
The card is a Powercolor RX5700XT 8GB Red Devil.
1) Saved both original BIOS with GPUz (OEM_OC_BIOS and OEM_Silent_BIOS).
2) Opened OEM_Silent_BIOS with MPT and made the adjustments you described on page 2, post 35; saved the MPT file.
3) Opened OEM_Silent_BIOS this time with RBE, loaded the settings from the MPT file and changed the timings for Samsung and Micron for the Apple ones you provided (option 1).
4) Save the resulting BIOS (Mod_Silent_BIOS) and successfully flash using amdvbflash 2.93.
Very well, please could you re do the modification using the guide in the kindly attached link below and please do not cap (limt) the soc max clock value and leave it at the default value of 1267 MHz,

And please do update whenever it is possible,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
You are very welcome.
@Mini_Me @boki019

So far so good! Been running for 5 hours at 1300 core 1800 mem on about 750mv using 110 watts in Phoenix & registering 56.4 mh

I did change a couple things in the power profile...I have the fan ramping up earlier and I couldn't use the 950 in the mem setting as recommended because my card won't run 1900, so I put 890 to start which gives me 1780 starting point. I'm going to leave 1800 on the mem for a few days to make sure it's solid then play with ramping it up.

Thank you both!!!

@Mini_Me @boki019

So far so good! Been running for 5 hours at 1300 core 1800 mem on about 750mv using 110 watts in Phoenix & registering 56.4 mh

I did change a couple things in the power profile...I have the fan ramping up earlier and I couldn't use the 950 in the mem setting as recommended because my card won't run 1900, so I put 890 to start which gives me 1780 starting point. I'm going to leave 1800 on the mem for a few days to make sure it's solid then play with ramping it up.

Thank you both!!!
For stable 24/7 operating, please start with the setting below,

Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD
910 MHz, 800 mV, 1310 mV

Core clock, VDD
1385 MHz, 770 mV,

And pleade once per week check the guide on pages 2 and 32 for potential refining updates as now I recently updated the guide on these pages, plrade check it out in the kindly attached link below,

Very well, please could you re do the modification using the guide in the kindly attached link below and please do not cap (limt) the soc max clock value and leave it at the default value of 1267 MHz,

And please do update whenever it is possible,

I made two BIOSes again.
The first with option 1 (Apple) and the second with option 2 (copy and paste in the subsequent); settings in MTP as described in the link.
Flash smoothly and GPU recognized normally this time.

I haven't experience mining in Windows; tested Phoenixmner with the following parameters: -cclock 1400 -cvddc 780 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350;

The first modified BIOS (APPLE) yields 57-58mhs; the second (copy paste) yields 56-57mhs; GPU consumption reported by Phoenix ~ 95-98W for both;
The sad thing is that both modified BIOSes only generate invalid shares :(

Using the OEM Silent BIOS, it yields 52.6mhs, with ~ 102W consumption reported by Phoenixminer.
Stable and without invalid shares.
I am attaching the two new modded BIOS.

Anhänge

• Mod_Silent_BIOS_2.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 9
  • Mod_Silent_BIOS_3.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 4
I made two BIOSes again.
The first with option 1 (Apple) and the second with option 2 (copy and paste in the subsequent); settings in MTP as described in the link.
Flash smoothly and GPU recognized normally this time.

I haven't experience mining in Windows; tested Phoenixmner with the following parameters: -cclock 1400 -cvddc 780 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350;

The first modified BIOS (APPLE) yields 57-58mhs; the second (copy paste) yields 56-57mhs; GPU consumption reported by Phoenix ~ 95-98W for both;
The sad thing is that both modified BIOSes only generate invalid shares :(

Using the OEM Silent BIOS, it yields 52.6mhs, with ~ 102W consumption reported by Phoenixminer.
Stable and without invalid shares.
I am attaching the two new modded BIOS.
Your -cvddc 780 mV is low, test setting it at 800 mV,

And try the TeamRedMiner as I highly recommend using it instead of PhoenixMiner.

@Mini_Me what do you consider is too hot on the memory for 24/7 operation? I am between 88-90
90° C and below is good, try to check if setting the VDDCI at 850 mV and MVDD at 1350 mV will decrease the temperature or not as sometimes too much undervolting will increase the temperature, if the the temperature is the same then that's mean better ventilation for the system is required and you can revert back the VDDCI to 800 mV and MVDD to 1310 (or leave it at 1350 mV).

THANK YOU Mini_Me
Finally, after 10 days flashing and testing, finally managed to fine tune my Gigabyte (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/FA0/096C V2.0 )
I started with 125W ( smos reading) and 1000w from the wall @ 55 mhs
Now it is ~100w, 850 from wall, and 56-57 mhs
Im testing it for more now :)

THANK YOU
Hi @boki019,
Could you share with us your vbios file edited by you and a screenshot of your overclocking/undervolting using in hiveos?

thanks and regards

Your -cvddc 780 mV is low, test setting it at 800 mV,

And try the TeamRedMiner as I highly recommend using it instead of PhoenixMiner.
Good Morning!
Dear, for some reason the MPT settings that colleagues are successfully using for Gigabyte Gaming do not work for the Powercolor Red Devil.
Reboots and crashes right after starting Phoenixminer / TeamRedMiner with parameters -cclock 1400 -cvddc 800 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350;

I tried change the strips (Apple) without loading the modified MPT and ... voila .... It works well. Hash of 56.7MHs with an estimated consumption of 105w (software).

Good Morning!
Dear, for some reason the MPT settings that colleagues are successfully using for Gigabyte Gaming do not work for the Powercolor Red Devil.
Reboots and crashes right after starting Phoenixminer / TeamRedMiner with parameters -cclock 1400 -cvddc 800 -mclock 1820 -mvddc 1350;

I tried change the strips (Apple) without loading the modified MPT and ... voila .... It works well. Hash of 56.7MHs with an estimated consumption of 105w (software).
Good morning,

I believe the reason it is not the modified MPT however the settings that have been used, You could have used different settings to determine the one that fits your card well as each card vendor may have set different power curve for their cards.

Oben Unten