Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello everyone,

Can you please check the attached pictures and let me know if there is more potential for higher hash-rate?

Anhänge

• Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 20.47.32.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 20.47.32.png
    629,9 KB · Aufrufe : 210
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 20.47.11.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 20.47.11.png
    673,4 KB · Aufrufe : 211
Hello everyone,

Can you please check the attached pictures and let me know if there is more potential for higher hash-rate?
hi, your VDDCI and MVVD values, seems swapped.

So, I ive followed the guide on page 32 to bios mod my two 5700xt
One its a Gigabyte Auros rev1 with micron memory
The other one its a Powercolor Reddevil with Samsung memory

On the Aorus ive achieved 59+mhs, but the redevil its struggling at 55 with some invalid shares already. Is there any trick to get the power color to 57 with no invalid shares?

Thanks

Anhänge

• Capturen.JPG
    Capturen.JPG
    63,7 KB · Aufrufe : 209
hi, your VDDCI and MVVD values, seems swapped.

So, I ive followed the guide on page 32 to bios mod my two 5700xt
One its a Gigabyte Auros rev1 with micron memory
The other one its a Powercolor Reddevil with Samsung memory

On the Aorus ive achieved 59+mhs, but the redevil its struggling at 55 with some invalid shares already. Is there any trick to get the power color to 57 with no invalid shares?

Thanks
905 is too much for Samsung GDDR6... lower to 900, raise MVDDI to 1350 instead 1320

I have 3x ASUS TUF-3-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING all 3 with Samsung/Micron Memory.
Modded them like seen on Page 32. thanks @Mini_Me
But i still struggle with too high Mem Temps.
Before biosmod i was on ~54Mh with ~120w per card (info from minerstat) @100-104°C mem temps...
Now it shows ~55Mh with ~77w per card (I still need to measure from wall) The mem temps are at 94-98°C now with 66% fanspeed.
(1235MHz coreclock, 790VDD, 900MHz memclock, 1310MVDD)
But this is still too hot...
I know the ASUS Tuf Memchips have no direct contact with the coolingblock, therefore the bad temps.
Is there any known "fix" to keep them cool?
Is there any further improvement I can do with modding?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: underclocked until stable state. now its like 74-82° depending on daytime. i use 2 different profiles for day and night. at night i can not use my fans and let the windows open, so i compromised with the clocks/voltages.
happy mining

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi @Mini_Me, thanks for all your help and info you've added to this thread. It has helped me to recover my Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC Rev2.0 (Samsung) GPU.

However, I'm struggling to do the same for my Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC Rev1.0 (Micron) which is showing a error code 43 in Device Manager. I have put the v68 bios you posted previously onto it (M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.rom) using atiflash293+ in windows safe mode using the force (-f) command, as you have suggested.

Unfortunately, I am still getting a Code 43 in device manager. I have also attempted to use many Bioses attached to this thread but nothing seems to work. Is there anything you, or anyone, can suggest as I'm out of ideas. I do not have the original Bios as I received this card bricked.

Thanks again.

Hi @Mini_Me, thanks for all your help and info you've added to this thread. It has helped me to recover my Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC Rev2.0 (Samsung) GPU.

However, I'm struggling to do the same for my Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC Rev1.0 (Micron) which is showing a error code 43 in Device Manager. I have put the v68 bios you posted previously onto it (M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.rom) using atiflash293+ in windows safe mode using the force (-f) command, as you have suggested.

Unfortunately, I am still getting a Code 43 in device manager. I have also attempted to use many Bioses attached to this thread but nothing seems to work. Is there anything you, or anyone, can suggest as I'm out of ideas. I do not have the original Bios as I received this card bricked.

Thanks again.
Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform when flashing the original vbios of your card, does the code 43 still occure?

Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform when flashing the original vbios of your card, does the code 43 still occure?
Hi, thanks for responding so fast.

Yes, the code 43 still occurs. I didn't have a copy of the original, so I used the Gigabyte tool available on the official website (I think you linked to it on the first page of this thread too). I've flashed it using both the Gigabyte tool and atiflash293+ in windows safe mode - both times the card still shows a code 43.

Hi, thanks for responding so fast.

Yes, the code 43 still occurs. I didn't have a copy of the original, so I used the Gigabyte tool available on the official website (I think you linked to it on the first page of this thread too). I've flashed it using both the Gigabyte tool and atiflash293+ in windows safe mode - both times the card still shows a code 43.
Please post a high quality photos for your card PCB.

Anhänge

• 7FAAAFC3-CD2B-4856-BA62-452DEDFF776A.jpeg
    7FAAAFC3-CD2B-4856-BA62-452DEDFF776A.jpeg
    2,3 MB · Aufrufe : 142
  • 42F8B371-F50D-4155-B631-14F014BC5E1E.jpeg
    42F8B371-F50D-4155-B631-14F014BC5E1E.jpeg
    2,1 MB · Aufrufe : 147
Here you go @Mini_Me - The thermal pads literally fell apart, I can pull the rest off if you need me to.

Thanks for your help with this, really appreciate it.
No worries and you are welcome,

That is a relief as there are no missing parts, I believe you did not use the method of shortening the vbios chip yet correct? if not yet then please check the video in the kindly attached link below,

No worries and you are welcome,

That is a relief as there are no missing parts, I believe you did not use the method of shortening the vbios chip yet correct? if not yet then please check the video in the kindly attached link below,

Ok, some progress has been made but the saga is not over. I shorted the pins, and then the card showed up in device manage as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

However, atiflash293+ does recognise a Navi 10 GPU. I flash it with the stock Bios downloaded from the Gigabyte website, then when restarting the rig, it doesn't show up in Device manager at all, and atiflash293+ says there are no adapters.

I then have to short the Bios pins again for the card to show up in device manage as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

Ok, some progress has been made but the saga is not over. I shorted the pins, and then the card showed up in device manage as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

However, atiflash293+ does recognise a Navi 10 GPU. I flash it with the stock Bios downloaded from the Gigabyte website, then when restarting the rig, it doesn't show up in Device manager at all, and atiflash293+ says there are no adapters.

I then have to short the Bios pins again for the card to show up in device manage as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.
Unfortunately, many users are reporting this problem recently and it is really strange, try to uninstall the adrenaline driver using DDU in windows safe mode then install old adrenaline driver 20.3.1 or 20.4.1 or even 19.7.1.

Unfortunately, many users are reporting this problem recently and it is really strange, try to uninstall the adrenaline driver using DDU in windows safe mode then install old adrenaline driver 20.3.1 or 20.4.1 or even 19.7.1.
So I've uninstalled adrenaline driver using DDU in Safe Mode. I then installed 20.3.1 and I'm still getting a Code 43 when flashing bioses in safe mode. The card is still disappearing from device manage and amdvbflash on occasion too. Think this card is done unless you have any other options?

please could u help me with gigabybte GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/F40/0ADE got ver.2 samsung code 43 what can i do ? thanks in advice

The photos I provided before do not belong to me however to a Russian guy who have a rig of Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro Plus, This card proofed that it is one of the best for mining in addition to the 50th Anniversary one,

As you saw in the photos, there is a limit for the voltages optimization after that no significant gain and only instability.

By the way, please could you inform your system specification regarding the motherboard, cpu and ram?
Can you please tell how to flash the 50th ?
I was able to flash all 5700XT brands successfully but here I am lost.
All Windows ATIFlash versions failed as well with DOS USB stick solution.

BR

Hello, can you please help me getting a Mining Bios Mod for RX 5700? Thank you.
Hello and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Oben Unten