Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings and welcome,

The vbios kindly attached below are the latest version 068 that fully support Zero RPM feature, unlocked Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING and AORUS cards with Samsung and Micron memory that I highly recommend to use them from now on,

You may have a good day.
Hi Mini_Me,

First I want to say thanks for all the work you have done on this subject, it is seriously impressive.

Yesterday, I bricked my Rev1 Gaming OC (Micron) but I have now recovered it and used a bios sourced from a youtube mining channel that has increased my hashrate by ~4mh/s. It could probably be better with your bios, but I don't know if it's worth taking a risk on it, now that it is working again. But it gave me the scare I needed to research more thoroughly before modding my other Gigabyte cards.

I have 3 cards left that have their stock BIOS

Gaming OC Rev2.0 (Samsung) x2
Aorus Rev2.0 (Micron) x1

In your post I have linked here, you have kindly provided working BIOS files for each type of card (many thanks again for this).

I just want to double check the procedure for flashing these cards before I begin, as there are many different posts with different ways of doing this.

I am using Amdvbflash 3.04+

Is it ok to mod and then flash your BIOS files straight over the original stock BIOS, or do I need to firstly flash an unmodified version of the newer BIOS which you have provided, and then reflash using a modded version of the same newer BIOS?

Thanks in advance

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi Mini_Me,

First I want to say thanks for all the work you have done on this subject, it is seriously impressive.

Yesterday, I bricked my Rev1 Gaming OC (Micron) but I have now recovered it and used a bios sourced from a youtube mining channel that has increased my hashrate by ~4mh/s. It could probably be better with your bios, but I don't know if it's worth taking a risk on it, now that it is working again. But it gave me the scare I needed to research more thoroughly before modding my other Gigabyte cards.

I have 3 cards left that have their stock BIOS

Gaming OC Rev2.0 (Samsung) x2
Aorus Rev2.0 (Micron) x1

In your post I have linked here, you have kindly provided working BIOS files for each type of card (many thanks again for this).

I just want to double check the procedure for flashing these cards before I begin, as there are many different posts with different ways of doing this.

I am using Amdvbflash 3.04+

Is it ok to mod and then flash your BIOS files straight over the original stock BIOS, or do I need to firstly flash an unmodified version of the newer BIOS which you have provided, and then reflash using a modded version of the same newer BIOS?

Thanks in advance
Hi and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below and you will find everything that you need,

Finalmente logré obtener los tiempos de vram más optimizados para los crads RX 5700/5700 XT que se adjuntan amablemente a continuación,

Lo hicieron los ingenieros de Apple Inc. para obtener el mejor rendimiento, estabilidad y seguridad para el consumo de energía, especialmente para la memoria de Samsung, y creo que es posible ejecutar la memoria de manera estable desde (920 a 950) MHz con estos tiempos,
Copie y pegue según el orden del reloj central.
Disculpe no tendra los bios mod de la msi gaming x rx5700xt memoria hynix H56C8H24AIR

Disculpe no tendra los bios mod de la msi gaming x rx5700xt memoria hynix H56C8H24AIR
The guide in the kindly attached link below is for you, please check it out,

hello mini_me, is there a way you can help me with my cards? i got 3 gigabyte 5700 xt with samsung memory, i just followed your guide and my wattage is better now, like 30-40w less than before, but my memory temp is going to 100% after 3-4 mins i start my rig, can you give tell me what do you think about it? thanks

Anhänge

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-09 at 2.29.55 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-09 at 2.29.55 PM.jpeg
    21,4 KB · Aufrufe : 149
hello mini_me, is there a way you can help me with my cards? i got 3 gigabyte 5700 xt with samsung memory, i just followed your guide and my wattage is better now, like 30-40w less than before, but my memory temp is going to 100% after 3-4 mins i start my rig, can you give tell me what do you think about it? thanks
Hello and welcome,

What are marked with red circle in the provided photo is not the memory temperature however it is the fan speed.

[Updated]
Please, use the official Gigabyte bios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING card:

One can download other vbios for other Gigabyte cards from official Gigabyte site however only the UK, Russian and Taiwan ones, below for Gigabyte UK official site,

This bios is modifiable as well by changing the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows (only for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC):
1. Extract the downloaded GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip below.
2. Boot to Windows Safe Mode and execute GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.exe as an Administrative.
3. Click StratFlash.
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for all Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING):
1. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

2. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

3. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or the backup bios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

4. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

5. Now enter these commands:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 vBios.rom
Press Enter

To flash the bios, here -f or -fa to force the flash in case of error.
###########
Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.
Hi!

I followed this guide for my Gigabyte 5700 xt 8GB OC rev 2 and after pressed Start Flash and rebooted my computer, now my pc won't boot :/

I connected the card into my rig and my rig is not booting either.

If I put this card on another computer that has a CPU with Integrated graphics but this also is not booting when the card is connected into the PCI-E.

Help me please!

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi!

I followed this guide for my Gigabyte 5700 xt 8GB OC rev 2 and after pressed Start Flash and rebooted my computer, now my pc won't boot :/

I connected the card into my rig and my rig is not booting either.

If I put this card on another computer that has a CPU with Integrated graphics but this also is not booting when the card is connected into the PCI-E.

Help me please!
Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform whether the vbios you have flashed is original or modified.

Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform whether the vbios you have flashed is original or modified.
Thank you!

I didn't modify the Bios within the folder, actually I think I misread your instructions because I thought that by running that flash from Gigabyte was to unlock the other vbios since I read your previous messages about the new version of the Gigabyte vbios is locked, so I just executed the GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD.exe then Start Flash and that was all.

Thank you!

I didn't modify the Bios within the folder, actually I think I misread your instructions because I thought that by running that flash from Gigabyte was to unlock the other vbios since I read your previous messages about the new version of the Gigabyte vbios is locked, so I just executed the GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD.exe then Start Flash and that was all.
No worries and you are welcome,

In the kindly attached link below you will find everything you need regarding the unlocked Gigabyte RX 5700 XT cards,

No worries and you are welcome,

In the kindly attached link below you will find everything you need regarding the unlocked Gigabyte RX 5700 XT cards,

Hey!

Apparently I revived the card, I had to use tweezers to short pint on the Bios until I got the Windows screen, but I did it like 5 times until appeared on amdvbflash tool then I restored the backup I previously saved.

Thank you for your time @Mini_Me.

hello, new to this world of mining. I have a 3 5700xt rig, trying to get as much hash i can while not hurting the gpus witth high temps and lowering the power.
I am suffering from high mem temps and high power consumption. i try tweaking things to get it balanced but cant seem to get the temps down or the pwr while keeping it over 55 mhs.
Iwas hitting 90c mem temps on almost all 3 got them down a bit.
I did flash bios mod which is the only reason i am over 55 hms at this time. before doing that it was hard to get them to even 54 without failing and restarting.
i been through some of the forums here for a few hours and some of the info goes over my head.
What can i do to help this power consumption and temps while keeping 55+ mhs all through hiveos.
Any info helps

Anhänge

• igor.JPG
    igor.JPG
    60,6 KB · Aufrufe : 127
hello, new to this world of mining. I have a 3 5700xt rig, trying to get as much hash i can while not hurting the gpus witth high temps and lowering the power.
I am suffering from high mem temps and high power consumption. i try tweaking things to get it balanced but cant seem to get the temps down or the pwr while keeping it over 55 mhs.
Iwas hitting 90c mem temps on almost all 3 got them down a bit.
I did flash bios mod which is the only reason i am over 55 hms at this time. before doing that it was hard to get them to even 54 without failing and restarting.
i been through some of the forums here for a few hours and some of the info goes over my head.
What can i do to help this power consumption and temps while keeping 55+ mhs all through hiveos.
Any info helps
Hello and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below and you will find what you need,

Thanks, i learned and followed everything except didnt understand the parts for option 2.
But did everything else and this what i got, temps are still a bit up there. hash rate is sufficient. and the power consumption did go down. but it still high right? i see some picks of people with 56 hash rate and under 100 watts
im sure i can bump up something to get a little more hash, but at this point temps and wattage seem quite high

Anhänge

• igor2.JPG
    igor2.JPG
    60,9 KB · Aufrufe : 121
Hello and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below and you will find what you need,

^^

Hello @Mini_Me
I searched in the forum for this two unlocked vbios without any luck:

Asus TUF 3-5600XT-T6G-EVO-GAMING (731FHB.17.1.0.68.AS13)
Asus DUAL-5600XT-T6G-EVO (731FHB.17.1.0.68.AS04)

Are those vbios already unlocked? can't find it.

Thanks in advance

Oben Unten