Question GIGABYTE RX 6600 EAGLE adjusting fan speeds

dhojnik

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello

First, maybe a silly question. I'm not very familar with this tool. And also not with Windows. But is there an even more detailed documentation available about morepowertool?

Got an GIGABYTE RX 6600 EAGLE wich is generally overheating up to 105 degree in Celsius on MacOS by playing a game like by example Civilization 6. On Windows I get 85 - 90 degree. Prior I've never used morepowertool. Anyway this is not OK. By researching on the the internet to find an sulution, I got morepowertol as an recommendation in an another forum. Now I'm trying to fix my issue with morepowerool. But currently I did not get the card cooler. Maybe by lacking of knowledge about this tool I'm doing something wrong. I do not want under or overclock my graphiccard. I just wanna adjust even more proper fan settings. The fans are supposed to turn up to 4500 RPM's. I've seen and heared that by using a stresstest with the AMD Pro software. But unfortunately the fans are are turning much more slower currently.
The issue exists on Windows and on MacOS. Disabling or enableing Zero RPM works well. On Windows and by the extracted hex on MacOS too as well. Could any one give me some hints to get faster fan speeds?

cheers Darko

Features.pngFeatures.png

Anhänge

• Fan.png
    Fan.png
    43,9 KB · Aufrufe : 2
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Did you really get the MPT or parts of it running in MacOS? If yes, how? Can you further explain?

I created a Radeon 6000 OC tutorial where I also explained the tunig process but didn't focus on fans. And here on this site I have a tutorial about setting fans (signature below).

In Windows: I think you don't need MPT for the fans, as you can already create a curve for the fans in the Adrenaline software. Do you know where to set all tuning settings manually?

Shure :)

In short export your configuration as an REG-Key file. Reboot to MacOS and go to where the file was stored under Windows. With some magic using cut tail sed tr you have to convert the hex from the Reg-Key file to a string. On opencore bootloader create under DevicePropertries an entry for your Radeon including the PCIe path and give the string as an aditional argument into those section.

Or the longer story you could read it here https://github.com/perez987/6600XT-on-macOS-with-PowerPlayTable-on-SSDT-or-config.plist.

Over SSDT it doesn't work for me. But it works over the bootloader.

Excluding the 6500 and custom configurations about fans alls RDNA2 runs OOB.

With this settings the fans fortunataly are running faster. Now I got temperatures up to 95 degree only. Of couse in Celsius. In lack of knowledge about Windows and morepowertool, it's an frustrating kind to do it by try and error. Again and again. And after the last change, suspend does not work currently. I hope I could find someone who likes me to explain some of my questions

Anhänge

• Fan.png
    Fan.png
    33,4 KB · Aufrufe : 4
Maybe the high GPU Temps is a case for the Pad Man 🤔 Have you tried different Thermal Paste? When it is not enough of running the GPU Fans @max speed?

This are the last settings they I've tried. The fans are starting at 65 degree. And after an hour I'm on 80 - 85 degree. The sound is awaking remberings on me. By my time where I've covered the airport from JBOG 33 in Buechel 30 years ago. Please consider, the final limits are by 4500 RPM's. It could be even more louder...

With activated zero rpm the solution would be more eficient. Unfortunataly, by an for me unknown reason, it takes up to 5 minutes (when the fans finaly stops) until the login screen starts. And suspend does not work sometimes

FYI the tool runs almost propperly in codeweavers. A commercial kind of wine. Exept creating a working starter.

By missing knowledge. It is very frustrating to find it out. More documantation would be very welcome.

Anhänge

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.55.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.55.12.png
    67,2 KB · Aufrufe : 4
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.54.52.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.54.52.png
    73,1 KB · Aufrufe : 4
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.54.22.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-09 um 13.54.22.png
    75,6 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
So I am currently on the way to hospital and don't have a Mac.

But there. Is a possibility to emulate osx via virtual Box on Linux, from where, if it should work, I could try your mentioned FYI tool.

But it probably would make more sense, if you take a look @ the GPU Die if there was a problem with thermal grease. And try out Alphacool Apex. Because you need an cooling increasing result right.

It doesn't matter which OS you have got. You could get codeweavers for Android/Busybox or GNU Linux. too.
In my case it makes it more efficient for me. Because it reduces the amounts about reboots.

After all I'm only interested to get the hexadecimal code/text from the with morepowertool created regristry.reg file.

So I am back from the hospital, but unfortunately they Wasn't able to fix my brain issues.
Am I right in the assuming that your real intension of your lines was not your Fan Problems? But you would like to be a part of the developers of the Red Bios Rebellion Team for fan Speed optimisations?

So in the last case I have nothing to say,
at the same way it wouldnt make sense for me to reproduce your Problem cause I wouldn't have thermal Issues on my GPU.

If the Maximum RPM you could set in MPT was not the Maximum RPM your Fans could deliver than maybe you should return your GPU.

In my case it matches but I have got different Problems with my GPU

I would recomend you to read the above mentioned tutorials from @ApolloX in creating fan curves.
Ask Remi for the source code of Fan Control to decompile it and port it on your Mac
than you have a highly configurable fan curve editor
And if you need special advices from a pro who is able to give Gskill RAMs a special Crucial whatsoever programing you should contact to @Casi030

Caveat: fan control mostly can't control Radeon fans.
Fan Control hatte immer seinen geregelten Stress mit AMD Karten.
Mit dem Plugin aus dem AMD SDK ( https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.ADLX ) klappt es nun auch für Radeon Karten (zumindest mit meiner RX 6800 XT)
Null RPM unter 50° klappt auch - entgegen den Äußerungen im US-Forum.
Wichtig dabei: Bei der AMD Adrenalin-Installation nur den reinen Treiber installieren - sonst nichts.

Anhang anzeigen 26127

That was under your tutorial from Dez, 2022. I haven't tested it, because i dont have thermal problems with my GPU.

Oben Unten