Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Nice results,

Regarding the soc capping at 950 MHz, it is safe on the long run if it was done from inside the system and not in the bios just like the max voltages for the SoC and GFX which is below 1050 mV in the bios it will permanently degrade the memory modules on the long run and may cause permanent malfunction yhat might even effect other parts however inside the system we can lower the voltages the way we see fit.
Only changes for vBIOS was Apple straps you provided. Everything else is done with MPT and AMD Memory Tweak XL (Windows Registry).

Thanks. I was too thinking there is no need to do this in vBIOS since it might cause boot issues.
I wish if it was only boot ratio however it is more to that, actually there is a way round through the bios by changing the DC operating conditions of the RAM and their default clock speed however it needs manual bios editing, time snd effort.

Here is the difference at the wall between Original F30 BIOS (HiveOs report 110w) and Modded FA0 BIOS (HiveOs report 140w).

Conclusion: don't worry about decrypted the new F30 Bios, It´s only a HiveOs bad report.

Anhänge

• 4GPU-Original.jpg
    4GPU-Original.jpg
    83,4 KB · Aufrufe : 83
  • 4GPU-Mod.jpg
    4GPU-Mod.jpg
    80,3 KB · Aufrufe : 84
To the contrary to previous posts I stand by MSI RX 5700XT MECH OC. Following excellent work and guides collated in this forum's thread I modded number of GPUs form different manufactures from A to Z. Frankly, the MSI Mech was a clear winner, at least to me. Perhaps this may be due to fact that I'm not using Hiveon pool as latency is for me varies between 2000~3999ms whilst Ethermine is a brick solid 14~16ms.
Although I'm using my Mechs with SMOS, the same results are reproducible in HIVEOS. First two are with Samsung GDDR, the last one uses Micron.
Aim in my modding is best hash to power consumption ratio.
@AndSer You are not showing us the memory temperature there, that is the chip temp. The issue is the high memory temp.

@Calathia those are amazing memory temps....wow.
How many additional fans do you run your rig with?

@AndSer You are not showing us the memory temperature there, that is the chip temp. The issue is the high memory temp.

@Calathia those are amazing memory temps....wow.
How many additional fans do you run your rig with?You absolutely right that the
There are limitations what GUI can show. Even with their limited capabilities does not exceed 78C. I may employ bunch of ESP8266 with a dip flex type sensor to provide readings close to the chip itself. For now:

Anhänge

• temp.png
    temp.png
    61,1 KB · Aufrufe : 73
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Here is the difference at the wall between Original F30 BIOS (HiveOs report 110w) and Modded FA0 BIOS (HiveOs report 140w).

Conclusion: don't worry about decrypted the new F30 Bios, It´s only a HiveOs bad report.
Very well, that is a good news to hear and thank you for your kind update.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi,
If you want to modify the vbios of RX 5500 series is not possible at the meantime time because of the digital signature, it is still possible to manually modify the digital signature however it needs skill and effort and time.
Thank you for your answer. Do you have any info about hashrate, before and after straps? I found little info on google, with no straps about 28-29Mh with 100W at the wall, which is not bad at all. I already ordered one rig (6 cards) and i'm gonna get them later this week.

There are limitations what GUI can show. Even with their limited capabilities does not exceed 78C. I may employ bunch of ESP8266 with a dip flex type sensor to provide readings close to the chip itself. For now:
I got an additional question if you dont mind.
Are those RX 5700 XT Mech OC or regular RX 5700 XT Mechs?
I would like to give MSI a try, you would help me out to choose because i can get my hands on either of them.
The OCs are the ones i see too much heat problems written about, but i would give it a try anyway if you got those.
Thx

I got an additional question if you dont mind.
Are those RX 5700 XT Mech OC or regular RX 5700 XT Mechs?
I would like to give MSI a try, you would help me out to choose because i can get my hands on either of them.
The OCs are the ones i see too much heat problems written about, but i would give it a try anyway if you got those.
Thx
The solution is easy, flash the non OC vbios to the OC one and that is it, after modify the power play table and apply the vram timings and force flash the modded vbios using AtiFlashTool 2.93+ as this is the last version that supports force flash to bypass rsa signature.

The solution is easy, flash the non OC vbios to the OC one and that is it, after modify the power play table and apply the vram timings and force flash the modded vbios using AtiFlashTool 2.93+ as this is the last version that supports force flash to bypass rsa signature.
The regular Mech is way cheaper where I can by them.
Yes, flashing the non OC is known thanks.
I guess what im trying to figure out is, why there are so many reports that the Mech OC 5700XT is running hot on memory, and here two ppl are showing good/phenomenal temperatures.
Makes me a little cautious and the reason why i asked about the specific card he uses.
I am completely baffled by 60+ temps from Calathia. I can't imagine this without help from powerful fans on both sides, AC, closed case or whatever he is using.
Ofc I'm assuming, just trying to gather info about brands without buying one of each to get the numbers myself.

Anyway, always thankful for your input @Mini_Me

The regular Mech is way cheaper where I can by them.
Yes, flashing the non OC is known thanks.
I guess what im trying to figure out is, why there are so many reports that the Mech OC 5700XT is running hot on memory, and here two ppl are showing good/phenomenal temperatures.
Makes me a little cautious and the reason why i asked about the specific card he uses.
I am completely baffled by 60+ temps from Calathia. I can't imagine this without help from powerful fans on both sides, AC, closed case or whatever he is using.
Ofc I'm assuming, just trying to gather info about brands without buying one of each to get the numbers myself.

Anyway, always thankful for your input @Mini_Me
You are very welcome,

By the way, if you follow the guide below then you may achieve the same as Calathia,

Greetings,

Please try this guide in the kindly attached link below,

You may have a good day,

Regards.
Changing the power table will make such a big difference?

THIS 👇 👇👇👇👇?
- Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum Voltage GFX 1050 mV [must not be lower than this as the MVDD default value in the vbios is at 1350 mV and the VDD must be within 300 mV range with MVDD]
Maximum Voltage SoC 1050 mV [must be not lower than this as the MVDD default value in the vbios is at 1350 mV and the VDD must be within 300 mV range with MVDD]
Minimum Voltage GFX 750 mV
Minimum Voltage SoC 750 mV
Power Limit GPU 140 W
TDC Limit GFX (112 or 122) A
TDC Limit SoC 12 A

- Under Frequency tap, set:
GFX Maximum 1270 MHz
Memory DPM 3 - 950 MHz

Mine (5600XT and 5700XT Powercolor/XFX/Gigabyte) are running at 76-82 (best mem temps i get on XFXs) without excessive cooling in my mancave XD (a welcomed heater), at least in wintertime, in summer they are going into the cool underground garage and do about the same. I dont really have temp problems.
I'll give it a shot when weekend comes.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten