Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you very much for detailed description!

This is very interesting. Can you explain why too small voltages can degrade memory/GPU? One intuitively thinks that smaller voltages -> smaller stress to electronics -> longer lifetime.

Also practically all mining blogs / youtube videos undervolt GPUs to get best watts/hash ratio...everyone is doing it wrong? Should mining community be notified about this important manner about GPU degradation?
You are correct however everything has a limit, even being free in our lives has a limit and these limits where put for a reason, going beyond the limits brings risks whether it is known or unknown ones.

RE. Don´t work, the GPU bricked :(
Alright, have you modified it or you only flashed it?

Don't work, F2 flash ok, when flash F3 mod the GPU bricked. :(
Thank you for the update,

I am now working on a couple of things now, I will update whenever it is possible.

Thank you very much for detailed description!

This is very interesting. Can you explain why too small voltages can degrade memory/GPU? One intuitively thinks that smaller voltages -> smaller stress to electronics -> longer lifetime.

Also practically all mining blogs / youtube videos undervolt GPUs to get best watts/hash ratio...everyone is doing it wrong? Should mining community be notified about this important manner about GPU degradation?
If you are still want to cap the SoC clock in the vbios even it it is not recommended then no less than 1090 MHz and preferred is 1093 MHz and use a script or MorePowerTool from inside the system if you want to set it at 950 MHz which is the safer way.

Tell me if there is a modified BIOS for Gigabyte RX5700XT GAMING OC rev 2 and AORUS rev 2, since on BIOS from rev 1, GPUs consume 30-50 watts more?
Please try this vbios in tbe link below,

Ok, so I've used the Micron settings and core parameters as suggested. Rig is currently running stable, but it's only been an hour or so. With that being said, I'm now seeing a definite drop in MH/s on the rev 2.0 cards only (Gigabyte 5700xt Gaming OC rev 2.0). The rev 1.0 cards have a negligible drop, and about a 10W increase. With my previous settings, all cards had identical settings as well, the MH/s was similar between the rev 1.0 and rev 2.0, it was just the watts that were different (about 20W higher on the rev 2.0) I still have the same 20W difference. I would like to bring the wattage down on all cards still, and try to close the gap on the MH difference between rev 1 and rev 2 cards. Also to clarify, I'm using apple straps and the suggested MPT settings for the gigabyte cards from this thread. My current settings in the screenshot, the two circled in red are the rev 2.0 cards.
Please try this vbios in the link below,

can it be applied on the gigabyte rx5700 oc ???
Yes.

Hi guys, I'm glad I came to this forum, it's a very good forum where I can learn a lot, I'm a beginner. I thank all those who share their experience here and help others.

With the knowledge accumulated here I try to set the best bios for 2 video cards, msi rx5700xt mech oc (micron memory) and saphire rx5700xt pulse BE (samsung memory) With msi I have good results but with saphire pulse BE I got into trouble.

Now I ask a question even for a beginner, if I edit a bios with mtp table as I read here on the forum and then return to the original bios, will the values in mtp be kept? And if so, how do I return to the initial values?
Sorry if the question is stupid.
Have a nice day, best regards

Hi guys, I'm glad I came to this forum, it's a very good forum where I can learn a lot, I'm a beginner. I thank all those who share their experience here and help others.

With the knowledge accumulated here I try to set the best bios for 2 video cards, msi rx5700xt mech oc (micron memory) and saphire rx5700xt pulse BE (samsung memory) With msi I have good results but with saphire pulse BE I got into trouble.

Now I ask a question even for a beginner, if I edit a bios with mtp table as I read here on the forum and then return to the original bios, will the values in mtp be kept? And if so, how do I return to the initial values?
Did you follow the instructions and saved the original bios?

Greetings and welcome,

We are happy to have you here,

Unfortunately, When reverting back to the original unmodified vbios, all the modifications that have been made will be lost,

The Sapphire BE have a protection, if you want I can help you to bypass it,

Reflash the Sapphire BE original vbios, modify its ppt with MorePowerTool and apply the Apple vram straps with RedBiosEditor after that do not flash it and send it to me, I will further modify it to bypass the protection.

yes, i have the original bios saved, but after flash it an open with MTP there are modified values
What you are seeing is the values that have been written to the soft power play table inside the windows and not in the vbios, which means if you put the cards on another OS these modified values will be lost.

Thank you so much for your help. now i working on this
To not make mistakes...i write here what i do:
-reflash original bios, reboot
-open MTP as admin, load original bios, modify like you said in page 15 on forum, than click write Sppt ..save mtp file...keep MTP soft open
-open RBE, load mtp file, put apple micron straps...save bios...name1.rom
-open RBE, load mtp file, put apple samsung straps...save bios namefinal.rom
-send bios to you
Its correct?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you so much for your help. now i working on this
To not make mistakes...i write here what i do:
-reflash original bios, reboot
-open MTP as admin, load original bios, modify like you said in page 15 on forum, than click write Sppt ..save mtp file...keep MTP soft open
-open RBE, load mtp file, put apple micron straps...save bios...name1.rom
-open RBE, load mtp file, put apple samsung straps...save bios namefinal.rom
-send bios to you
Its correct?
Please follow the instructions in the link below as in page 15 is an advanced one,

Ok, i did it, here is the bios

video cards are only for mining in hiveos, I try to build a rig with 9 cards, I bought the first time msi mech oc and thanks to you and this form I have good results with it but I can not find it in the store in my country and I bought sapphire BE pulse with which I got into trouble.
I'm not too interested in undervolt, 110-120V for me is ok, but I try to get a speed of 58-60MH / s as possible

here are my results on msi micron memory with apple straps only

Anhänge

• sapphire5700xtBEtmtpandapplestraps.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 14
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    270,5 KB · Aufrufe : 96
Ok, i did it, here is the bios
Very well, I am going to work on it now,

Regarding your setting, try the below for safe and stable 24/7

Core clock 1400, VDD 775 mV,
For Micron, MEM clock 935 MHz, VDDCI 845 mV, MVDD 1310 mV,

After applying the settings I would appreciate your update.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten