Das MoreClockTool (MCT) zum kostenlosen Download: Praktischer OC-Aufsatz zum MorePowerTool statt Wattman

Braucht man zusätzlich das AMD-dingens für spezielle Dinge, wie Video/Schnappschüsse etc. ?
weil
Letztens kam in nem anderen Thread die Frage wie man das AMD-Overlay im Schnappschuss oder Video sichtbar schaltet.
(mit "enabled" kann man dann das Overlay auch mit fotografieren wenn man Adrenalin-Schnappschuss benutzt)

Anhänge

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Die ADLX gibt mir nix für Vids oder Screenshots. Metrics gibt es, das Overlay ist allerdings Teil der Adrenaline-Software.

@hellm
Siehst Du noch ne Chance, wenigstens den PL-Slider auf 20..25% zu bringen, damit man sich flashen sparen kann?

@hellm
Siehst Du noch ne Chance, wenigstens den PL-Slider auf 20..25% zu bringen, damit man sich flashen sparen kann?
Nope. Like RedF said..

Wenn jemand den Trieber hackt, würde MCT das erledigen können. Hat keine Limits eingebaut, aber da Werte jenseits eines Limits nicht vom Treiber akzeptiert werden, gibts den ursprünglichen Wert zurück.

Yes, all the good old stuff is now available.
Yep, but something is wrong now with the 24.1.1 installed. I'm not sure whose side the problem is on, but after using new MCT followed with subsequent reboot there's a warning pop-up about "configuration change" as when the SAM just activated in BIOS, and in the MCT the SAM checkbox is now empty.

Anhänge

• mct 1.1.5.png
    mct 1.1.5.png
    11,6 KB · Aufrufe : 13
  • sam.png
    sam.png
    27,8 KB · Aufrufe : 12
Yep, but something is wrong now with the 24.1.1 installed. I'm not sure whose side the problem is on, but after using new MCT followed with subsequent reboot there's a warning pop-up about "configuration change" as when the SAM just activated in BIOS, and in the MCT the SAM checkbox is now empty.
I have no problems with this.

Hihihi, it is a known phrase among softworkers:
Runs on my system! :p

I will take a look in the next few weeks, i'm a little short on time at the moment. Nothing obvious after a short look.

I will take a look in the next few weeks, i'm a little short on time at the moment. Nothing obvious after a short look.
I see. Just wanna add, this particular function looks not as simple as other api calls judging by the sources )
Also, every call of SetEnabled(adlx_bool enabled) from the cpp sample soft-restarts the GPU. What worries me though is isEnabled() always failed thereafter

C++ :
res = smartAccessMemory->SetEnabled(!enabled);
if (ADLX_SUCCEEDED(res))
    std::cout << "Set AMD SmartAccess Memory to " << (!enabled ? "enabled" : "disabled") << " for " << (index + 1) << "th GPU" << std::endl;
else
    std::cout << "Call SetEnabled() failed" << std::endl;

// First event received quickly before SAM start
WaitForSingleObject(SAMEvent, 2000);

// When receive the first event, avoid calling any other ADLX method, and if any UI application is running, we must close it to avoid crashing
// Close(application)......

// Second event received after SAM completed, the maximum consuming time less than 20 seconds.
WaitForSingleObject(SAMEvent, 20000);

// Now SAM completed, we can restart the UI application, and continue to call ADLX function
// Start(application)......

res = smartAccessMemory->IsEnabled(&enabled);

Anhänge

• sam.png
    sam.png
    116,8 KB · Aufrufe : 8
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Yes, you notice the WaitForSingleObject stuff, up to 22 secs for the events. This is the GPU resetting and until those events occured, isEnabled will fail. Every ADLX call afaik. So, if you changed SAM state, at some point after that you will get the proper readback with the actual SAM state.

MCT has a wait time, it will show the countdown. If the SAM check button shows a different state then you wanted to set, read back the data again with the dropdown menu, which is a call of IsEnabled. Also you can try to set it again, MCT checks isEnabled before every set command, and only executes SetEnabled if necessary.

If your problem occures with both MCT and the sample code, this might be due to a bug in the driver or related system stuff.

Yes, you notice the WaitForSingleObject stuff, up to 22 secs for the events. This is the GPU resetting and until those events occured, isEnabled will fail. Every ADLX call afaik. So, if you changed SAM state, at some point after that you will get the proper readback with the actual SAM state.
That's right, but in the sample source, isEnabled() is called right after the second SAM "event" has occurred, so I don't see why it should fail.
Both events are ~10 sec apart, with а total time ~ 12-13 sec.
IMHO the docs is ambiguous in the part where it says it's up to user to take care of apps holding the gfx context, when in fact setEnabled() itself suspends and resumes the GPU (not sure though does this free the BO and release GFX context). Correct me if I'm wrong

If your problem occures with both MCT and the sample code, this might be due to a bug in the driver or related system stuff.
No, MCT has nothing to do with it. Either there's something wrong with the IADLXGPUTuningServices1, or with my current driver installation.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Yeah, on my system it was like 10 sec before i could readback the status with isEnabled(). So i just put a wait time of 12 secs inside, not even waiting for a single event. And MCT calls isEnabled before every setEnabled, so the user can mash that set-button afterwards if anything would take longer, and setEnabled won't be called if the desired state is already set.
ADLX might be the issue here, or/and some driver mess. I used a fresh install of 24.1.1, i believe.

Seit MCT v1.1 nutze ich die neue ADLX:
..dort habe ich noch keine Schnittstelle bezüglich Dithering zur Verfügung. Kommt vielleicht mit dem nächsten Versionen der ADLX, die ist noch relativ neu. Die alte ADL bzw ADL2 in der Version 17.1 könnte ich schon auch noch zusätzlich integrieren, aber dann wirds wieder komplex und zeitaufwendig Fehler zu vermeiden.

..dort habe ich noch keine Schnittstelle bezüglich Dithering zur Verfügung. Kommt vielleicht mit dem nächsten Versionen der ADLX, die ist noch relativ neu. Die alte ADL bzw ADL2 in der Version 17.1 könnte ich schon auch noch zusätzlich integrieren, aber dann wirds wieder komplex und zeitaufwendig Fehler zu vermeiden.
Hello, kannst du evt. einfach 2 .exe Erstellen, und jeweils die ADLX Version mit angeben.
Dann kann jeder selbst Entscheiden. :)

Eine weitere .exe wäre ein komplett anderes Programm, das ist nicht mal eben so per Flag dem Compiler übergeben. ADL2 und ADLX unterscheiden sich grundlegend.

Wir haben hier die 1.0.x Version vom MCT noch online, das ist mit ADL2, funzt noch mit pre-23.12 Treibern. Alte Hardware wird nicht unterstützt, das wäre wieder Entwicklungsaufwand, und für die gibt es auch schon genügend Software wie z. B. das OverdriveNTool.

Um in die alte MCT Version neue Funktionen und Tabs einzubauen, auch das wäre ein Aufwand für den ich im Moment einfach keine Zeit finde. Ich hänge derzeit über einem anderem Projekt.

Oh, ok. Warum wechselt AMD die Library, und updated nicht einfach die Vorversion die mehr Features hat? Die Vorversion wird ja immerhin auch noch verwendet vom Treiber.

Ihrgend ne Idee?

Und danke für die schnelle Antowrt.

Oben Unten