Question Bricked RX 5700 card by flashing the wrong bios. It will not POST even when tried to flash the previous bios back

Evertonhs

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Dear community,
I have 2 cards, one is a MSI Mech RX 5700 XT, which I have flashed successfully with a modified Gigabyte Bios (see attached Mech.rom). This Bios is really efficient and increased speed and reduced power consumption on my Mech card by about 20W.

The other card I have is a MSI RX 5700 that was flashed with the original MSI RX 5700 XT bios. (See attached 5700xt.rom). As the Bios on the Mech card was performing a lot better than the one I had on the RX 5700, I followed the same procedure that I used to get the Gigabyte Bios working on the Mech card (replaced the Sub Vendor and Sub Id by the original bios values). Then I have flashed the RX 5700 with the modified Gigabyte bios (see msi.rom) using amdvbflash 3.04+ Win (the same process I did with the Mech card). That bricked the card and the computer would not be POST.

I have managed to POST by shorting the Bios pins 1 and 8 (Paper clip method), but the amdvbflash 3.04+ Win would not flash (error F0L01), so I used amdvbflash 2.93+ to force flash the previous bios into the card. However it still will not POST.

What else can I try to fix my card?

Thanks in advance

Anhänge

• Mech.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 28
  • 5700xt.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 23
  • msi.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 14
Hi all, I have bee trying solutions, and so far I have managed to flash the original bios via bios pin short method and the compouter POST, but the card is not recognised at all. Is there anything you can suggest I do?

Hi all, I have bee trying solutions, and so far I have managed to flash the original bios via bios pin short method and the compouter POST, but the card is not recognised at all. Is there anything you can suggest I do?
Hi and welcome,

Please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below to reflash your MSI Mech RX 5700 non XT card in DOS using a bootable USB flash drive and amdvbflash attached below as well,

amdvbflash_DOS,

MSI Mech RX 5700 non XT v68,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I have a very similar situation: I have a Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ from a friend, probably bricked by himself. So unfortuynately I do not have the very original BIOS from stock.
I have tried different solution, as flash different kind of bios downloaded from techpowerup from amdvbflash (both in win and UEFI DOS), as shortcut the pin 1 and 8 to flash, and finally using an external flasher (CH341A) with different BIOS.
Now I am in the situation that the GPU is not recognized by the PC with any BIOS, but it start using another GPU as primary one. The only way to see something on this 5700 is if I start with a short in pin 1 and 8, but anyway just see a GPU but with error.
Do you have any suggestion?
Maybe it could be just the wrong version of the BIOS, or could be something more?
Really thanks in advance!

If could help, attached the original BIOS the card had, but I'm not sure it is the stock one.

If could help, attached the original BIOS the card had, but I'm not sure it is the stock one.

Anhänge

• originale_switchVersoUsciteVideo.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 11
I have a very similar situation: I have a Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ from a friend, probably bricked by himself. So unfortuynately I do not have the very original BIOS from stock.
I have tried different solution, as flash different kind of bios downloaded from techpowerup from amdvbflash (both in win and UEFI DOS), as shortcut the pin 1 and 8 to flash, and finally using an external flasher (CH341A) with different BIOS.
Now I am in the situation that the GPU is not recognized by the PC with any BIOS, but it start using another GPU as primary one. The only way to see something on this 5700 is if I start with a short in pin 1 and 8, but anyway just see a GPU but with error.
Do you have any suggestion?
Maybe it could be just the wrong version of the BIOS, or could be something more?
Really thanks in advance!
Please check the post in the kindly attached link below for shortening the vbios chip,

Please could you provide a good quality photo for the card PCB front side and back side.

Hello, I have tried the DOS boot method, however I could not flash the card. I got the following error:
Cannot Program with input vbios image file ERROR: 0FL01.
I get the same error with amdvbflash 3.04 and I can only flash with 2.93 -f option, but that does not make the card work, only being recognised if I short the pins 1 and 8.

I wonder if there is an equivalent to -f in 3.04 or if I use another flashing algorithm that could get my card working again.

Cheers

Hello, I have tried the DOS boot method, however I could not flash the card. I got the following error:
I get the same error with amdvbflash 3.04 and I can only flash with 2.93 -f option, but that does not make the card work, only being recognised if I short the pins 1 and 8.

I wonder if there is an equivalent to -f in 3.04 or if I use another flashing algorithm that could get my card working again.

Cheers
Please use amdvbflash in the kindly attached link below,

Cheers
Please take a good quality photo for the front side and back side of your card pcb.

I attach the pictures. I am also attaching the original bios that I have currently flashed on the card with 2.93. I will try with your version of amdvbflash soon.

Thank you so much for your help.

Anhänge

• 5700Stock.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    729,4 KB · Aufrufe : 42
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    788,1 KB · Aufrufe : 43
Please could you provide a good quality photo for the card PCB front side and back side.
here they are!
Do you need without the backplate or is ok this one? (those were already on my phone - in an hour I can make the one without backplate)
+ focus on the bios chips (2 of them).
really thanks in advance!

Anhänge

• 5700xt_chipset.jpg
    5700xt_chipset.jpg
    1,1 MB · Aufrufe : 42
  • 5700xt_PCB2.jpg
    5700xt_PCB2.jpg
    1,6 MB · Aufrufe : 31
  • 5700xt_PCB.jpg
    5700xt_PCB.jpg
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe : 35
Please check the post in the kindly attached link below for shortening the vbios chip,

I have followe exactly the same video :)

Probably I'm flashing the wrong bios, or at least is what I Hope. Currenty the system does not see the card, if started with shorten the chipset it's seen but with error (using another GPU as primary one for the monitor)

here they are!
Do you need without the backplate or is ok this one? (those were already on my phone - in an hour I can make the one without backplate)
+ focus on the bios chips (2 of them).
really thanks in advance!
Your card has dual vbios, have you checked the other vbios by putting the switch on it yet?

Have you did shortening on both the vbios chip each time when the swithch is on the one being shortened?
I do suppose to have tried every possible combination, but right know I'm not sure as I have done a lot of try :)
If worth to try, this evening I will try to shorten both the chip, and try it on both the switch position.
Do you know if there is a way to be aware of which version of the bios could be the right one to try to flash? For instance I'm trying with both the version ending with S09 and O09 (113-D1990101-O09 and 113-D1990101-S09).

Oben Unten