Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

@Mini_Me
Hello friend ,do you willing to help me to unlock my card?
I will upload bios file .My card is rx 5600xt gigabyte gaming oc 6g.
Thanks !!!

Anhänge

• Navi 10 rx 5600xt gigabyte gaming oc.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 9
Mini_Me has been very patient as we've tested a few bios versions and I've n00b'ed my way through modern amd power tables, but the rewards have been pretty sweet for this pulse card. Not too far off the Red Panda bios I was using, which looked very different in power tables compared to the 5600xt pulse stock bios.
m-joe3-tsscore.PNGm3-joe3-ts settings.PNG

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Nice work! I can't get near that score GPU wise. I was wondering if you noticed a performance difference between Adrenalin software overclocking and afterburner software? With Afterburner I am getting much better 3D Mark scores but I am a little concerned as the voltage stays at 700mv before boosting with Afterburner whereas you can set up a different curve as you have shown using Adrenelin.

For those who are interested in safely overclocking their CPU and DDR4 RAM then I will gladly help.

Greetings everyone,

I am currently working on a hybrid power table, if it is a success then You will be able to run the memory stably at 1960 MHz or even more while maintaining the undervolt ratio of 2 between the core clock and the voltage VDD, with this the RX 5600 XT may surpass an overclocked RTX 2060.
Hi @Mini_Me.
It would interest me if I already had some kind of step forward.

Thank you @Mini_Me for producing a working unlocked bios for my PowerColor Red Devil rx 5600xt.

Unfortunatly I have no way of testing this with 3Dmark or something similar as I use the cards for mining.

I can confirm that the appletimings are good for mining, but with a couple of watts more of power consumption. Actually they perform a little better than original mem strap modded bios, and you can also do the mem strap mod with the apple timings.

I have not been able to get the mem clock up to 1860, over 1830 I get mostly invalid shares, but this could be due to my config.

Got the card running stable for days now with original straps modded - 42.5 mh/s@67w and modded apple straps - 43 mh/s@70w with these settings:

Core Voltage - 775mV
Core Clock - 1100mhz (software reads 1065-1070)
Mem Clock - 1830mhz

Power consumption from the wall is just under 100w for the orig strap modded card and just over 100w for the card with apple timings.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello @Mini_Me

I need to thank you for wasting your time helping other modding their bios.
After trying 3 times I decided it's time to ask you for some help

I have 3 Sapphire Nitros 5600 XTs and I am really in need of your help
Whenever you can , whenever you want .. please help me a bit

Anhänge

• RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D1891011-O05.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 10
Thank you @Mini_Me for producing a working unlocked bios for my PowerColor Red Devil rx 5600xt.

Unfortunatly I have no way of testing this with 3Dmark or something similar as I use the cards for mining.

I can confirm that the appletimings are good for mining, but with a couple of watts more of power consumption. Actually they perform a little better than original mem strap modded bios, and you can also do the mem strap mod with the apple timings.

I have not been able to get the mem clock up to 1860, over 1830 I get mostly invalid shares, but this could be due to my config.

Got the card running stable for days now with original straps modded - 42.5 mh/s@67w and modded apple straps - 43 mh/s@70w with these settings:

Core Voltage - 775mV
Core Clock - 1100mhz (software reads 1065-1070)
Mem Clock - 1830mhz

Power consumption from the wall is just under 100w for the orig strap modded card and just over 100w for the card with apple timings.
Hei ... I think you should try to lower core voltage further, if you haven't tried...
Usually you can go down to core clock 1100, voltage 700mV, this will further drop power consumption and have 0 impact on your hashrate...

Hope this works for you :)

Hei ... I think you should try to lower core voltage further, if you haven't tried...
Usually you can go down to core clock 1100, voltage 700mV, this will further drop power consumption and have 0 impact on your hashrate...

Hope this works for you :)
Already tried, I started out testing at that voltage, but during half an hour i only got invalid shares.
Tried gradually upping the voltage and once hitting 775 I get no invalid shares.

With unmodded bios i can not go any lower than 735 without impact on mining.

This is with 3 cards running win 10 in testrig. Planning to migrate them into a rx5700xt rig.

For those who are interested in safely overclocking their CPU and DDR4 RAM then I will gladly help.
I have tried many settings with my 3600 and it doesn't seem worth it, I would be interested in trying to overclock my 3200mhz RAM somewhat though!

Thank you again for unlocking the Bioses, great results with 3d Mark but most importantly, gaming, it has made the card completely different which is great because there is no new cards to upgrade to! I realised how stupid I had been with the previous Bios mod, I hadn't read the guide and was running 180w + 40% power! I am lucky I didn't melt anything, it was pulling 223w on Afterburner.

Since actually reading the guide it is not only much cooler but I also managed with your memory timings, to get the best 3Dmark result yet.

Please everyone re check the guide at page 7 as I update it with following below for running stably at max load and please remember after you implement the DPM_GFX_PACE and ACDC in the vbios, after that use the write SPPT in more power tool to implement it to the registry in windows, this way there may be no need to re install the adrenaline driver,

- Under Feature Control, set:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
ACDC: Check (Enable)

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Please everyone re check the guide at page 7 as I update it with following below for running stably at max load and please remember after you implement the DPM_GFX_PACE and ACDC in the vbios, after that use the write SPPT in more power tool to implement it to the registry in windows, this way there may be no need to re install the adrenaline driver,

Do we know what those are? I noticed my Sapphire Pulse 5600xt's original bios had DPM_GFX_PACE: (and GFX_OFF) enabled but not ACDC:. The M bios seems to have all those off.

Do we know what those are? I noticed my Sapphire Pulse 5600xt's original bios had DPM_GFX_PACE: (and GFX_OFF) enabled but not ACDC:. The M bios seems to have all those off.
ACDC I believe to activate Core Dual Computing (Compute Mode), with this enabled you can run the core clock at higher frequency stably when gaming,

When minig it may make the card produce more hashrate,

DPM_GFX_PACE is the dynamic power management for the gfx core page allocating which I believe it is related to gfx virtual storage power management,

GFXOFF is to put the card on zero clock at low power draw.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
For everyone who is mining with 5600 XT please do enable the below that may enable you to achieve more hashrate and better stability,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Very well, I will update you after I finish whenever it is possible.
Hello,
i have DataLand Radeon RX 5600xt 6GB X-Serial War
I tried to edit bios with RBT and MPT but i got a black screen...
Can you help me to unlock my bios?
there are dual vbios files.

Anhänge

• 5600xt_Navi10_original1.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 10
  • 5600xt_Navi10_original2.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 9
For everyone who is mining with 5600 XT please do enable the below that may enable you to achieve more hashrate and better stability,

Unfortunately it seems there is a bottleneck set by AMD inside the vbios as well as some cards have security against mining, if I ever managed to fix it then the 5600 XT will produce more hashrate.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten