News RED BIOS EDITOR and MorePowerTool - Adjust and optimize your VBIOS and even more stable overclocking | Navi unlimited

Igor Wallossek

Format©
Mitarbeiter
Bewertungspunkte
Standort
Labor
Since AMD has massively restricted the use of the SoftPowerPlayTables and thus indirectly also the MorePowerTool with the Adrenaline drivers from 2020, the community mourns the former overclocking or underclocking bonus, which made the Navi cards like a Radeon RX 5700 (XT) at least a bit more interesting or efficient and was gladly taken along as a free bonus. Unfortunately, since Adrenaline 2020 this was, at least temporarily, over for the time being. But the community around the Red BIOS Rebellion Team has of course taken up this challenge.

>>> Read the complete review <<<

Hello,
I want to modify my Sapphire nitro+ 6800 VGA's BIOS (11305-01-20G, https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-6800-16g-gddr6): I changed it via MPT (few things) and then saved it but when I want to open the stocked bios (.rom file) via RBE then I have the "Not supported" message. Can you help me solve this problem? I used Hive OS and I cannot really update the setting via MPT in Windows. If I know well HiveOS supported only the .rom file extension.
MPT: v.1.3.4
RBE: v.1.0.7

Anhänge

• RIG01_6os-4-RadeonRX6800-16G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-2E4392U-X5F.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 0
Hello,
I want to modify my Sapphire nitro+ 6800 VGA's BIOS (11305-01-20G, https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-6800-16g-gddr6): I changed it via MPT (few things) and then saved it but when I want to open the stocked bios (.rom file) via RBE then I have the "Not supported" message. Can you help me solve this problem? I used Hive OS and I cannot really update the setting via MPT in Windows. If I know well HiveOS supported only the .rom file extension.
MPT: v.1.3.4
RBE: v.1.0.7
We still can't help you, that is the reason why RBE still doesn't support RDNA2. Sorry, i just don't have enough reliable data, or any kind of data.. And right now, no way to try anything but to ask around.

So, MPT and the PowerPlay table is all we can offer. For RDNA2, frequency and voltage are limited, but you still can mod a lot of things. There is also a beta version with some new features under the Curve and Fan tabs.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello. What the problem in "unlocking" 5500XT bios? I recently buy this card, and need to flash, because I use Linux. If anyone solve this, please write me to gmail named 2950540.

Anhänge

• Asrock_RX5500XT-8G-Micron-default.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 1
Hi

I got a little problem with my rx580. It seems like undervolting does not work at all. A direct edit of the values like 65288 to a fixed voltage does not work anymore. I got that. But even setting the max value to 1000mv an using a offset of 120 does not work. The card does not go any lower then 1031mv. It does not matter if i edit the bios or set lower values in Wattman. They simply get ignored. I know that the card should be working with 1100mhz@880-900mv. Radeon Driver is v21.3.1.

I attached the original vBios of my card and the one i modded with RED Bios Editor.

Maybe someone can give me a hint and explain to me why it's not working.

Thx a lot!

€dit: Just wanted to give feedback because a found the solution. The minimum gpu-voltage is linked to the vram-voltage. You can't get any lower than your vram-voltage.
It also not work on Polaris bios editor. So, it's no program's problem, it's GPU's. Use 3rd from top voltage, 65286 works perfect with 1250 Mhz even at summer, 40C.

Hi

I got a little problem with my rx580. It seems like undervolting does not work at all. A direct edit of the values like 65288 to a fixed voltage does not work anymore. I got that. But even setting the max value to 1000mv an using a offset of 120 does not work. The card does not go any lower then 1031mv. It does not matter if i edit the bios or set lower values in Wattman. They simply get ignored. I know that the card should be working with 1100mhz@880-900mv. Radeon Driver is v21.3.1.

I attached the original vBios of my card and the one i modded with RED Bios Editor.

Maybe someone can give me a hint and explain to me why it's not working.

Thx a lot!

€dit: Just wanted to give feedback because a found the solution. The minimum gpu-voltage is linked to the vram-voltage. You can't get any lower than your vram-voltage.

Hi, thanks fot the feedback. I didn't see your post I was busy at that moment, sorry. The manual voltages with the 6528X values are only working if you set at the AMD control panel at performance the tuning control to manual tuning, or you use Afterburner or OverdriveNTool. The manual voltages aren't the default voltages and are completely different to the default/auto ones. Also you can use the OverdriveNTool R.B.R.T version to use manual or auto voltages.

The easiest way to undervolt with a bios mod is to set the max auto voltage limit to the voltage you want. To adjust an specific DPM voltage you can use the CksOffsets enabling them with 1. CksOffsets are working for my 590, but I don't have feedback about if they are working for 580/570 or 480/470 gpus, so if you don't have a dual bios or a way to flash it back I don't recomend to use it.
Edited: I have tested a 580 bios with my 590 and enabling the CksOffsets with 1 is working so I suppose there is no problem to use it with 580/570 and 480/470 gpus. I suppose I did the test before release the problem, cause if not it will not be supported, but I don't remember.

About the minimum gpu voltage and the vram min vddc voltage, yes it is linked. When a memory clock DPM is used the voltage won't go below that the DPM min vddc voltage, and if you set it too low, even if the core is stable with it, you will see a black screen or a driver crash. For my 590 I can't go below 912 mV for the memory at 2000 Mhz. Also the min vddc mV coulmn for the memory seems to be used when decoding or encoding videos, so if you set them too low you could see pixelations in videos or crashes.

It also not work on Polaris bios editor. So, it's no program's problem, it's GPU's. Use 3rd from top voltage, 65286 works perfect with 1250 Mhz even at summer, 40C.

Hi, yes is not a program problem is that they are used like I have explained above. I don't know how polaris gpus are working at linux but I understand for what you say that manul voltages aren't working as default, is like that?. Also I don't understand what you want to say about using 65286 value, do you mean to put the 65286 value to the DPM 6 and 7?. This was working to lower the DPM 6 and 7 voltages to the DPM 5 one, but I remember to test it again like two years ago and it was not working for me if I remember correctly, I will test it again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi, yes is not a program problem is that they are used like I have explained above. I don't know how polaris gpus are working at linux but I understand for what you say that manul voltages aren't working as default, is like that?. Also I don't understand what you want to say about using 65286 value, do you mean to put the 65286 value to the DPM 6 and 7?. This was working to lower the DPM 6 and 7 voltages to the DPM 5 one, but I remember to test it again like two years ago and it was not working for me if I remember correctly, I will test it again.
Yes, on 7 GPU's RX 580 8 GB (ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, XFX).
Also I overclocked 5500XT to 30 MH/s (sometimes 29+, but it's old AMD motherboard's problem, I think) at 1260 (GPU) and 1041 (2082 ?) Mhz Memory (Micron). No broken shares for 24h.

Yes, on 7 GPU's RX 580 8 GB (ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, XFX).
Also I overclocked 5500XT to 30 MH/s (sometimes 29+, but it's old AMD motherboard's problem, I think) at 1260 (GPU) and 1041 (2082 ?) Mhz Memory (Micron). No broken shares for 24h.
I have tested to set 65286 at DPM 6 and 7 and is not working, for auto/default voltages it uses 1.212V as before. I don't know if it's working for manual voltages as it uses for stock 1.206 V fot DPM 3 and 1.15 V for DPM 4 to DPM 7. With these voltages wrong voltages, obviously, is not stable and is a bios problem that I have tried to solve, but I can't cause lowering the higher voltages is lowering the lower ones too much, so I don't see a solution, maybe changing some bios tables to the 480 ones with some changes as them have lower voltages and seems to be setting them better.

I don't understand how it is workig for you in linux, but if is working it seems that for linux is using the manual voltages and if it is like that some 590 and maybe 580/570 GPUS with a low asic quality will don't work in linux. Also I had returned to the shop one 590 with a better asic quality than mine as it was not stable with a 1.115 V manual voltage thinking that manual and auto voltages were the same.

Edited: settinng 65284 for all DPM 3 to 7 the manual voltage is 1.206 V but the defaut/auto voltage is still 1.212V.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I have tested to set 65286 at DPM 6 and 7 and is not working, for auto/default voltages it uses 1.212V as before. I don't know if it's working for manual voltages as it uses for stock 1.206 V fot DPM 3 and 1.15 V for DPM 4 to DPM 7. With these voltages wrong voltages, obviously, is not stable and is a bios problem that I have tried to solve, but I can't cause lowering the higher voltages is lowering the lower ones too much, so I don't see a solution, maybe changing some bios tables to the 480 ones with some changes as them have lower voltages and seems to be setting them better.

I don't understand how it is workig for you in linux, but if is working it seems that for linux is using the manual voltages and if it is like that some 590 and maybe 580/570 GPUS with a low asic quality will don't work in linux. Also I had returned to the shop one 590 with a better asic quality than mine as it was not stable with a 1.115 V manual voltage thinking that manual and auto voltages were the same.

Edited: settinng 65284 for all DPM 3 to 7 the manual voltage is 1.206 V but the defaut/auto voltage is still 1.212V.
Did you power off PC after flashing BIOS? If just reboot settings don't applied often.
I use HiveOS distributive (Ubuntu 18.04-based), may be it have some tweaks. I don't see real voltage, just less power consumption from 145W to 100-120. And yes, while searching for that numbers (1250/65286), I have combinations when GPU is unstable. With one ASUS it was about 40 reflashes to make she work in summer and don't drop hashrate. I don't have powerfull coolers (0.5-1A) and use 3x 80*80mm 0.35A usual from PC's. With 120mm backplate cooler. Stock coolers died after 1year+ 24/7 work @ 100%.

I have used the registry patch with OverdriveNTool. I also have tested to change the 6258X numbers with the stock/auto voltages I see with monitoring programs, as stock/auto voltages aren't shown by the AMD control panel, afterburner or OverdriveNTool, and the setted voltages are working and shown with the programs and the AMD control panel in only in manual mode. I don't have linux to test, but changing 6258X should work. I don't use my gpu for mining and I don't know well about it.
About the fans I have to say you are lucky to have the fans 1year+ 24/7 work @ 100% without problems. I had a faulty fan in three months with little use and sapphire and the shop refused to send me a new one without sending to them the gpu or the fan and paying, so as I don't have a repIace gpu I had to buy one.

Need to do a better job of the changelog for your apps on the Official release page. Putting a one line that says all changes for beta is lazy. I shouldn't have to go to the beta pages and scroll each individual beta update since the last Official release. Also Beta Page should include all beta versions between official releases. Currently all you show are all 1.37 beta updates with a blurb at the end includes updates from 1.36 beta. Where are the notes? Maybe I wasn't following the changes for the last 6mos. Add option during install to view a full change log.

Hello. On my MSI RX 5600 XT with latest version of MPT 1.3.7, chanching Memory VDDCI and MVDD does not affect.... How to slove issue? Locked BIOS?

Hi there, I am coming up with a question regarding the newly-released rx 6500 xt.
Most of the reviews I have seen so far say that the real overclocking potential of this card is somewhat artificially limited by AMD (OC sliders are simply too short). Since I will be stuck with this card for another year I started thinking if maybe there will be any way to edit the OC limits in bios?
Here comes the question, are you planning to add the support of this card to the RBE?

RBE is off the table for all 6000 series Radeons. We haven't found a way to unlock a RDNA2 yet, and it doesn't look like this will be any different in the near future.
MPT is able to extend most limits, but can't do anything about locked clock rate limits for the GPU or the memory. There is a workaround for the voltage limit, but this is really only good for benchmarks, nothing else, because the card won't be able to lower the Vcore anymore. I would recommend EVC2 from Elmor for this, that way you can speak to the voltage controller. Would requires some soldering, though.

Hi. J have got gpu powercolor rx 6400 low profile with mini pc hp t740 and i would like to reduce power limit of graphics card. In drivers of gpu have no tuning option. I use MPT and i save power table from bios to *.reg file. J add reg file to registry and restart pc genering BSOD. If i undo changes is evrything ok. Who knows what is?

Did you only change the power target?

You can also simply add the changes to the registry without the detour via the .reg file with write SPPT.

Is the BIOS the original of the card? ( GPU-Z Dump )

Maybe @hellm knows what is going on.

Oben Unten