Frage Most efficient CPU (2023) in terms of FPS per watt?

HungryHuy

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hi everyone!

I have really grown to like igor's LAB since it seems to be the only place where they care about fps per watt. :)
I was wondering what is the most efficient CPU to date in terms of gaming - fps per watt?

The last I've seen that was super efficient was the 12400, but now with the new Ryzen gen. and 13th gen. Intel I am wondering if any new CPU has taken it's place.

It would be so cool if igor's LAB will have a section that only cares about efficiency as a chart where we can see who is the efficiency King for this year/gen. etc.
It will be so convenient for us that cares about efficiency to just look at the chart and go pick/buy the most efficient one for the purpose in mind. :)
Both for CPU and GPU :)

I guess that the main problem lies within the amount of tested CPUs. Right now the 7800X3D is on top of the list, but the aforementioned i5 has never been tested here. I doubt that the i5 is better, but still...
And even if he is: would you want to run the RTX 4090 with that? I doubt it.

Btw: I think it's funny that you've posted this in the overclocking section.

Defnitely won't be running the most efficient CPU with a RTX 4090. The idea is to get the most efficient PC build per date. That's why I ended the post with both CPU and GPU :)
Hopefully they won't bottleneck each other too much.

Sorry I am all new here - it was definitely the wrong place to post this question, since it is the opposite of overclocking haha. 😅

I just found the test of the i5, so ignore what I wrote before checking:
The latest Nvidias are the most efficient GPUs to date:
Too expensive anyway...

The i5-13500 may be one to be taken a closer look at.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten