Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Please use -f command to force flash.
The same problem

C:\amdvbflash_windows>amdvbflash -fa -fp -p 1 M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.rom
AMDVBFLASH version 3.04+EXTERNAL, Copyright (c) 2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Old SSID: 2313
New SSID: 2321
SSID mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

C:\amdvbflash_windows>

Anhänge

• M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 25
The same problem

C:\amdvbflash_windows>amdvbflash -fa -fp -p 1 M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.rom
AMDVBFLASH version 3.04+EXTERNAL, Copyright (c) 2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Old SSID: 2313
New SSID: 2321
SSID mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

C:\amdvbflash_windows>
You are using the wrong version of amdvbflash, please use v2.93+ that I attached above or change the Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor.

You are using the wrong version of amdvbflash, please use v2.93+ that I attached above or change the Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor.
I apologize about my mistakes. Now it works and the result is AMAZING 59 Mh/s - 110 W!!!!

One more question which bios should I use for the second card and should I perform the same settings (for samsung I mean) ?
Or I must go to sapphires topic if it exists?

Sapphire AMD 5700 XT this one was made in 2018 year and it is not nitro+ or pulse.
Memory Sumsung

The problems starts than I tried to download original bios to this card, it bricked with 43 error.
After that I successfully download this bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/212120/amd-rx5700xt-8192-190616 instead of original https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/212169/sapphire-rx5700xt-8192-190616 this one bricked card,
copy straps from 1500 to others, move minimum SoC to 725. And in Hive os I perform this settings CORE 1600, MEM 895, VDD/VDDCI/MVDD 828/725/725, now it works fine 56 Mh/s - 100 W in miner, but the temperature is 50 on core and 70 on mem with 65% fan, I'm afraid there might be problems in the summer, could you advise something? (I can't turn on the fans on full due to the loud noise)
*I tried to modify MEM higher and CORE lower and always crashed.

At all I want to increase hash rate and decrease CORE temp, not to the detriment of stability

Anyway thanks for your friendliness to newbies and greate job!

[Updated]
First please properly connect all power connectors of the components to the power supply unit, also note that it is important to provide proper and sufficient power solution to the system and it is highly recommended to provide higher power output around 250 watt more than the minimum power required for the system as well as to provide proper and sufficient ventilation,
After that clear the CMOS of your motherboard and update its bios to the latest version and please do not put PCI-e Configuration on Auto and set each slot to pcie 3.0 or 3.1 if supported, if not then set to pcie 2.0 or 2.1, and check, then,

1- Turn off completely or disable any overclocking programs like MSI after burner or AMD Wattman after returning to default settings first and boot to windows safe mode, and reflash the official Gigabyte bios from below (works for all Gigabyte RX 5700 XT and non XT non blower fan,
or the backed up original vbios with AtiFlashTool 2.93+, copy the link below and paste in the browser to download,

How to reflash the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows:
I. Extract the downloaded AtiFlashTool v2.93+ with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOSFILE folder from the link above or the backup bios file to a folder and put it in drive C,

II. Boot to Windows Safe Mode,
III. Open Command Prompt CMD as an administrator and navigate to the folder mentioned above,

IV. Now enter these commands below:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0
R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or BackupBiosName.ROM
Press Enter
Hi, hope all are well. I have the Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC (Rev 2.0) with Samsung memory. I downloaded the zip file and renamed it to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM but when i open in red bios editor it only shows Micron memory in vram timings dropdown menu. I dont want to flash this bios on Samsung memory and damage the GPU. Can you please please help me with this problem. Thanks for your help

Anhang anzeigen 10412

Hello I have these settings and I am getting GPU 4: DEAD detected from time to time
I have similar problems, and now with this values i have 24hs without invalid shares or GPU DEAD at 55.23 MH

core/MEM 1300/900
VDD/VDDCI/MVDD 750/850/1350
Core state 1
Mem state 1
Agressive Undervolting ON

Im running an MSI 5700xt MECH with Samsung Memory.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I have similar problems, and now with this values i have 24hs without invalid shares or GPU DEAD at 55.23 MH

core/MEM 1300/900
VDD/VDDCI/MVDD 750/850/1350
Core state 1
Mem state 1
Agressive Undervolting ON

Im running an MSI 5700xt MECH with Samsung Memory.

AFAIK, core state, mem state and aggressive undervolting is not for Navi cards.

If you're using TRM 0.8.0 and get GPU DEAD at some point, increase the cards VDD +5mv OR decrease Core Clock -5mhz (without affecting the hashrate) until its stable.

Also if raising voltages or decreasing clocks don't help, try increasing TDC Limit GFX +4A and/or TDC Limit SoC +1A in vbios & reflash. This helped my stability problems.

If you're using TRM 0.8.0 and get GPU DEAD at some point, increase the cards VDD +5mv OR decrease Core Clock -5mhz (without affecting the hashrate) until its stable.

Also if raising voltages or decreasing clocks don't help, try increasing TDC Limit GFX +4A and/or TDC Limit SoC +1A in vbios & reflash. This helped my stability problems.
No need to increase the SoC however the TDC limit GFX then yes and I already increased it in the guide.

No need to increase the SoC however the TDC limit GFX then yes and I already increased it in the guide.
Yes, whatever I state here is what I learnt from you :)

Through some testing with 0.8.0 based on your instructions, I've found out some 5700 cards require +1A SoC in order to be stabilized. That's why I wanted to share that information.

Yes, whatever I state here is what I learnt from you :)

Through some testing with 0.8.0 based on your instructions, I've found out some 5700 cards require +1A SoC in order to be stabilized. That's why I wanted to share that information.
Please no need to mention any of it as me too I learnt it as well from mr. Igor and from some of AMD employees,

What it is better than increasing TDC of SoC by 1 is either increasing the TDP by 5 or the SoC voltage by 50 mV.

I don't have any problems after the mod of vbios as mini_me recomends in the guide.
About Mem and Core state thanks for the info!
About "agressive undervolt" i was pretty sure that still exist on navi 10 gpus. As far as i know implements undervolt for each DPM.

Oben Unten