Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I have a Gigabyte Aorus rev2 and I have put the M-Samsung-F80-Gigabyte-Aorus-RX57XT-v68.rom on it but the hashrate is only 51MH/s so thats close to stock....
its running on 1350/900/800/1350/850
what am i doing wrong?
Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Hello,
can you look, one of my RX5700XT runs on 80watt...is this normal? I flashed like other, what can it be?
Rx580 31Mh.jpg
Please help

Hello,
can you look, one of my RX5700XT runs on 80watt...is this normal? I flashed like other, what can it be?
Anhang anzeigen 10849
Please help
Hey,
Power consumption amongst various parameters heavily depends on the Clock settings. Increase from 900 to the settings you have on the second GPU - 906. Compare the results.

Regards,
Andy

Good evening,

I am following the guide on page 32. My testing is on a RX 5700 XT MSI Mech Samsung memory. The guide has worked really well for flashing.
Thank you Mini_Me and everyone for so much time and effort on this.

I have been testing and experimenting with the MSI, a variety of settings. The most stable settings I have found are:

1612500811539.png

1612500860656.png

By the way, these dual fan RX5700 XT from MSI tend to run warmer than some others. I can get the watts a low of about 105 at the expense of 3 or 3.5 Mh/s. I am not able to get anywhere close to sub 100 w as I have seen on some places.

When I updated bios, I used option 2 (universal) to set the vram timing straps. I want to go back and test the Apple straps. Not sure if they will be better or not. If I test them, do I still set the Memory Clock - tREF values as described on page 32 after using the Apple straps?

My goal is to get closer to something like this which I saw from another forum from Mini_Me :)

1612501651100.png

Best Regards to All,
J

Anhänge

• 1612501437519.png
    1612501437519.png
    25,7 KB · Aufrufe : 71
Good evening,

I am following the guide on page 32. My testing is on a RX 5700 XT MSI Mech Samsung memory. The guide has worked really well for flashing.
Thank you Mini_Me and everyone for so much time and effort on this.

I have been testing and experimenting with the MSI, a variety of settings. The most stable settings I have found are:

Anhang anzeigen 10852

Anhang anzeigen 10853

By the way, these dual fan RX5700 XT from MSI tend to run warmer than some others. I can get the watts a low of about 105 at the expense of 3 or 3.5 Mh/s. I am not able to get anywhere close to sub 100 w as I have seen on some places.

When I updated bios, I used option 2 (universal) to set the vram timing straps. I want to go back and test the Apple straps. Not sure if they will be better or not. If I test them, do I still set the Memory Clock - tREF values as described on page 32 after using the Apple straps?

My goal is to get closer to something like this which I saw from another forum from Mini_Me :)

Anhang anzeigen 10855

Best Regards to All,
J
Hey,
I can see from the screenshot that you are using 113-MSITV381MH.103 vBIOS which is based on 017.001.000.068.000000 core release. I wrote a short summary about it in this response. With all MECH's my choice is 113-MSITV381MH.102 as a base for modding:

Screenshot from 2021-02-05 07-39-58.png

Unlike few posters, whose energy cost is next to nothing, I'm constricted with high electricity prices hence differentiate from recommendations focusing on the power draw sweet spot with further TDP adjustments.

Regards,
Andy

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Wauw that workt like a charm! 55MH/s 95WATTS :giggle:
Can i use the same bios and settings on a rev1 card?

Hey,
I can see from the screenshot that you are using 113-MSITV381MH.103 vBIOS which is based on 017.001.000.068.000000 core release. I wrote a short summary about it in this response. With all MECH's my choice is 113-MSITV381MH.102 as a base for modding:

Anhang anzeigen 10859

Unlike few posters, whose energy cost is next to nothing, I'm constricted with high electricity prices hence differentiate from recommendations focusing on the power draw sweet spot with further TDP adjustments.

Regards,
Andy
Thank you Andy. This is a detail which I missed and may be a key to better efficiency. Your post was very educational and I thank you. I will follow the test routine using .102 and see if I can achieve similar.

Hello
I've tried various modifications to the bios of the F40 but it always gets Invalid Shares. No more ideas, I changed versions to 2.93+ nothing helped.
I am asking for suggestions / help.
M-Samsung-F40-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68

I have reached the stable point without errors I have been 6 hours continuous without failures or variants. I only need a help with the bios of the gigabyte aorus rev 2.0 with micron memory if someone already has it I would appreciate it. happy mining

Anhänge

• Captura de pantalla 2021-02-05 202403.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2021-02-05 202403.jpg
    113,5 KB · Aufrufe : 102
Greetings everyone,

If anybody is interested in making their 5700 cards headless like the Nvidia P-106 then it may be possible by unchecking (disabling) ATHUB_PG under Features Control that may save some more power.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello friends, I have a graphic, unfortunately I can not modify the BIOS, and when I modify it, it no longer mines and does not recognize memory? Does anyone have a memory mod?

I have reached the stable point without errors I have been 6 hours continuous without failures or variants. I only need a help with the bios of the gigabyte aorus rev 2.0 with micron memory if someone already has it I would appreciate it. happy mining
Hello, can you send me the gigabyte rx5700xt memory sammsung BIOS?

Anhänge

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 11.37.59 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 11.37.59 PM.jpeg
    64,7 KB · Aufrufe : 131
Witam nawet podłączyłem kartę bezpośrednio do złącza PCI-e i nadal otrzymuje błędy. Proszę pomóż .
amd.png

samsung.pngsamsung2.png

Anhänge

• Gigabyte-RX57XT-Samsung_timing (2).rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 16
For GAMING with Samsung memory,

Sorry! I was flashing a samsung memory rom into a micron gpu. I hate this cards with this complicated bios desing. Not only signed but also only one memory type in them.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi to all. I am newbie. I use Windows . I have manage to successfully bios mod
Sapphire BE cards using this guide.(Thank you!). After many tests i found it works better with only molding the timings with Apple. Nothing else. I get 55-56 (phoenix) with great stability (over a week) and arround 105 watts per card.
I need help. I got an XFX Ulta Thick III. Bios is locked. i only managed to download the original bios once! And then Amdvblash does not read
Bios number. Any help appreciated i could send bios original to anyone who knows to unlock it.
Thank you

Hi to all. I am newbie. I use Windows . I have manage to successfully bios mod
Sapphire BE cards using this guide.(Thank you!). After many tests i found it works better with only molding the timings with Apple. Nothing else. I get 55-56 (phoenix) with great stability (over a week) and arround 105 watts per card.
I need help. I got an XFX Ulta Thick III. Bios is locked. i only managed to download the original bios once! And then Amdvblash does not read
Bios number. Any help appreciated i could send bios original to anyone who knows to unlock it.
Thank you
that's the one I use. Mine is Micron and they are a bit heat but I think they are micron things

Anhänge

• XFX.XT612.RX57XT.v68(ULTRA).rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 6
Hi, can you please unlock bios on my PowerColor 5600XT RedDragon, ill use it for mining
ty

Anhänge

• PowerColor5600XTRedDragon_orig0.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
Oben Unten