Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
H,

Yes, the new version of the Gigabyte bios is signed,

The trick is to mod the new bios without flashing it back after that revert back to an older version of Gigabyte bios which is unsigned and after that flash the modified bios,

For now, if you already have a modified copy of the last bios then you need only to revert back to an old unsigned bios and after that you will be able to flash the modified one,

You may have a good day,

Regards
Hello Mini_Me,

i have the same problem witch my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G, the Bios is signed, i can not change the Vram Timings (after Flash mod Bios, Card Bios is unknown)

Do you have a unsigned older Version? Here my Bios information:

AMDVBFLASH version 4.71, Copyright (c) 2020 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Old SSID: 2313
New SSID: 2313
Old P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
Old DeviceID: 731F
New DeviceID: 731F
Old Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/F81/0A07
New Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/F81/0A07
Old BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
New BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
Flash type: W25Q80
Burst size is 256
100000/100000h bytes programmed
100000/100000h bytes verified

Restart System To Complete VBIOS Update.

Regards

Hello Mini_Me,

i have the same problem with my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G, the Bios is signed, i can not change the Vram Timings (after Flash mod Bios, Card Bios is unknown)

Do you have an unsigned older version? Here my Bios information:

Old P / N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P / N: xxx-xxx-xxx
Old Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD / F81 / 0A07
New Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD / F81 / 0A07
Burst size is 256
100000 / 100000h bytes programmed
100000 / 100000h bytes verified

Regards
Hello,

Please, use the official Gigabyte bios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT GAMING card:

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip [/ URL]

This bios is modifiable as well by changing the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM,

You may have a good day,
Regards.

Anhänge

• GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0_Windows.zip
    3,6 MB · Aufrufe : 50
Hello Mini_Me,

i have the same problem with my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G, the Bios is signed, i can not change the Vram Timings (after Flash mod Bios, Card Bios is unknown)

Do you have an unsigned older version? Here my Bios information:

Old P / N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P / N: xxx-xxx-xxx
Old Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD / F81 / 0A07
New Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD / F81 / 0A07
Burst size is 256
100000 / 100000h bytes programmed
100000 / 100000h bytes verified

Regards
If you need help regarding reflashing I will be glad to help.

Understood and thank you very much for everything,
I truly appreciated your kind help and my sincerest gratitude for your cooperation.
I am glad I had the time to help. You helped me to learn about optimizing the stock cards, and for that I am thankful. I hope documenting the process in this forum will help others from the work you are doing.

Please keep me of any updates with regards to mods for the Gigabyte or the Sapphire.

Best regards,
AlleyCat

I am glad I had the time to help. You helped me to learn about optimizing the stock cards, and for that I am thankful. I hope documenting the process in this forum will help others from the work you are doing.

Please keep me of any updates with regards to mods for the Gigabyte or the Sapphire.

Best regards,
AlleyCat
It was a pleasure, please if you are going to try the vram timings of test 1 for the Gigabyte card, I would appreciate your update,

I wish you all the best in the future and to live healthy, happy and peaceful life,

Best Wishes.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello Mini_Me,

i have the same problem witch my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G, the Bios is signed, i can not change the Vram Timings (after Flash mod Bios, Card Bios is unknown)

Do you have a unsigned older Version? Here my Bios information:

Old P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
Old Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/F81/0A07
New Product Name: GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD/F81/0A07
Burst size is 256
100000/100000h bytes programmed
100000/100000h bytes verified

Regards
You can follow the steps in the kindly attached link below:

Beitrag im Thema 'GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails'' schreiben
https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-78909

Best regards,
AlleyCat
It was a pleasure, please if you are going to try the vram timings of test 1 for the Gigabyte card, I would appreciate your update,

I wish you all the best in the future and to live healthy, happy and peaceful life,

Best Wishes.
Greetings and good day,

It seems the adrenaline driver 20.9.2 is really good for mining however one should change the mode to compute and it is almost better than the 20.3.1, you may try it out.

Oh! My apologies I forgot about optimizing the tCL and tREF for the vram timings of test 1,

As a start we are going to change the tREF to 12000 Micron - 9000 Samsung and tCL to 20 both for the (1750 - 1800 - 1875) MHz Micron and 1800 MHz Samsung straps if the settings of test 1 were already applied,

If not applied then we change the tREF to 12000 Micron - 9000 Samsung and tCL to 20 both for the 1550 MHz strap after that we apply the settings of test 1, I believe this is easier.

By the way what was the result of test vram timings with Gigabyte card?

Greetings and good day,

It seems the adrenaline driver 20.9.2 is really good for mining however one should change the mode to compute and it is almost better than the 20.3.1, you may try it out.

Oh! My apologies I forgot about optimizing the tCL and tREF for the vram timings of test 1,

As a start we are going to change the tREF to 12000 Micron - 9000 Samsung and tCL to 20 both for the (1750 - 1800 - 1875) MHz Micron and 1800 MHz Samsung straps if the settings of test 1 were already applied,

If not applied then we change the tREF to 12000 Micron - 9000 Samsung and tCL to 20 both for the 1550 MHz strap after that we apply the settings of test 1, I believe this is easier.

By the way what was the result of test vram timings with Gigabyte card?
Good mrnirning,
By Gigabyte cards are all in production. I plan to pull one card over the weekend and do some testing.

Best,
AlleyCat

Good mrnirning,
By Gigabyte cards are all in production. I plan to pull one card over the weekend and do some testing.

Best,
AlleyCat
Great, please take your time and feel free to do whatever you like whenever you like 🙂,

My apologies for being curious, what is the memory chip brand of the Sapphire card that the hive os showing, is it Micron or Samsung? At the same clock, Micron is faster, Samsung is cooler as it consumes less power than Micron for a bit less performance as they were designed like this and because of that Samsung ones can reach higher frequencies like we saw on the list of the vram timings straps.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Great, please take your time and feel free to do whatever you like whenever you like 🙂,

My apologies for being curious, what is the memory chip brand of the Sapphire card that the hive os showing, is it Micron or Samsung? Micron is faster, Samsung is cooler as it consumes less power than Micron for a bit less performance as they were designed like this.
The memory on the Sapphire is reported Micron.

Anhänge

• Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.09.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.09.05 AM.png
    64,9 KB · Aufrufe : 105
The memory on the Sapphire is reported Micron.
Wonderful, for AMD RX 5700/5700 XT cards due to AMD restrictions to luckily reach 1960 MHz (980 MHz) and despite that Samsung ones can reach higher frequencies as we saw on the vram timings straps and already explained above before, Micron is better, therefore it is a good news that you have the new revision of Sapphire and Gigabyte cards,

You may have a happy and peaceful weekend,

Best Regards.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I got another Sapphire card that looks identical to the Pulse 5700XT, but it is NOT. The card is Pulse 5700 XT BE, and it doesn't have dual bios switch.

Currently I can flushed the stock non-BE bios to the card, and it works OK. But non of the modified bios is working.

What is the difference between the cards?
Where can I find the original bios for the BE?

Thanks,

AlleyCat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I got another Sapphire card that looks identical to the Pulse 5700XT, but it is NOT. The card is Pulse 5700 XT BE, and it doesn't have dual bios switch.

Currently I can flushed the stock non-BE bios to the card, and it works OK. But non of the modified bios is working.

Thanks,

AlleyCat
Please download the Sapphire Trixx from the official link below and check if the option to switch the bios is available or even perhaps to download one,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Thanks,

AlleyCat
Please download the Sapphire Trixx from the official link below and check if the option to switch the bios is available or even perhaps to download one,

If the Sapphire Trixx was not helpful then try to flash the modded vbios from DOS using a bootable usb flash drive following the guide in the kindly attached link below,

https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-78909

Please do update me whenever it is possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good morning.
I got another Sapphire card and it will not run with the modified bios of the first card.
I started testing, and the second card will not take the 1550 memory straps of the Samsung memory (K4Z80325BC).

I am running now the card without any memory straps change, and the speed is 55.9HS/s. Not bad, but I want to run these cards at 59MH/s minimum.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
AlleyCat

Good morning.
I got another Sapphire card and it will not run with the modified bios of the first card.
I started testing, and the second card will not take the 1550 memory straps of the Samsung memory (K4Z80325BC).

I am running now the card without any memory straps change, and the speed is 55.9HS/s. Not bad, but I want to run these cards at 59MH/s minimum.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
AlleyCat
Good morning,

I need to know a couple of things if you do not mind,

Please, could you provide the exact model of this sapphire card and its memory type?

What modification did you exactly apply to the vram timings for the Samsung memory? Did you only copy the 1550 MHz strap without charging the tREF to the rest of straps?

Was the method provide before to flash the moded bios to the Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse BE a success?

The card is Sapphire 5700 XT. I returned the BE.
How do I test the memory type? GPU-z doesn't give me the memory manufacturer.
I only copied the 1550 strap without modifying the tREF.
Bios flashing is successful.

Oben Unten