Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
H,

Yes, the new version of the Gigabyte vbios is locked as alI the vbios files are signed however there are locked ones and unlocked ones,

You may have a good day,

Regards.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
You are welcome and do not worry, this problem is fixable.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
[Updated]
For unlocked vbios then please check the kindly attached link below,

Below is only to reflash the original Gigabyte vbios,
Please, use the official Gigabyte vbios with its own flashtool in the kindly attached link below to reflash and fix any bricked Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT card:

Gaming:

Aorus:
Unzip the tool and follow "Readme" instructions,

This vbios is modifiable as well by changing .BIN of the R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or GV-R57XTAORUS-8GD.BIN in the BIOS folder after extraction to .rom,

Please note:
You can only update the VBIOS of the same series. This BIOS flashing requires Visual C++2008.

One can download other vbios for other Gigabyte cards from official Gigabyte site however only the UK, Russian and Taiwan ones, below for Gigabyte UK official site,
How to update the BIOS of your graphics card ?
- By Windows (only for Gigabyte RX 5700 XT):
1. Extract the downloaded GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip or GV-R57XTAORUS-8GD.zip.
2. Boot to Windows Safe Mode and execute GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.exe or GV-R57XTAORUS-8GD.exe as an Administrative.
3. Click StratFlash.
4. Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

- By FreeDOS (for all Gigabyte RX 5700/5700 XT):
1. First disable secure boot in bios settings,

2. Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

3. Download the Amdvbflash_DOS v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe and put it with the official Gigabyte bios R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.BIN or GV-R57XTAORUS-8GD.BIN or the backup bios file in the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be connected to a USB 2.0 port,

4. Reboot and press f12 until a boot list appear and choose the bootable usb flash drive,

5. Now enter these commands:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 vBiosName.rom (or .BIN)
Press Enter

To start flashing the vbios.
###########
Why can't the BIOS of my graphics card be updated to the latest version on the website ?
GIGABYTE graphics cards have different BIOS series under the same model name. Generally speaking, the BIOS versions of Gigabyte graphics cards belong to the same series from F1 to F9, and from F11 to F19 are also belong to the same series, and so on. Therefore, if the BIOS version of your graphics card is F3 and F4/F10 is available on the website, the BIOS of your graphics card will be updated to F4 instead of F10.

Anhänge

• Amdvbflash_DOS_v4.68.zip
    331,7 KB · Aufrufe : 445
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Is there a similar utility for Sapphire card?

I modified also a Sapphire and the programming completed successfully. However, the cards is not functioning. GPU-z reports 0 for GPU Clock, Memory, and Boost. Perhaps the Sapphire BIOS is also signed?

I modified also a Sapphire and the programming completed successfully. However, the cards is not functioning. GPU-z reports 0 for GPU Clock, Memory, and Boost. Perhaps the Sapphire BIOS is also signed?
I will try to see if the company can provide us the tool and the bios files,

I am now trying to get the bios files from gigabyte, I will upload it as soon as I have it.

By the way, what is your sapphire card exact model?

Do you have a backup of its bios before modifying it?

I already got the original bios from gigabyte, please check the post of the official Gigabyte tool as I attached it there.

If you need it i can dump the Bios from my Card (Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC 8GB).

Thank you. I saved the stock bios for both switch settings.
It seems there is no need for the Gigabyte flashtool as the attached original bios have its own flashing tool.
I am going to attach it here again for clarification.

Anhänge

• GV-R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD-FA0.zip
    3,6 MB · Aufrufe : 270
It seems there is no need for the Gigabyte flashtool as the attached original bios have its own flashing tool.
I am going to attach it here again for clarification.
I have both Gigabyte that I am trying to modify the bios and one Sapphire for testing. I am considering the replacement of the Gigabyte cards if I cannot modify the bios. I am disappointed with the results I am getting from the Sapphire with the modified bios. Perhaps it is the Micron memory.

Where can I find which card includes a Samsung memory?

I have both Gigabyte that I am trying to modify the bios and one Sapphire for testing. I am considering the replacement of the Gigabyte cards if I cannot modify the bios. I am disappointed with the results I am getting from the Sapphire with the modified bios. Perhaps it is the Micron memory.

Where can I find which card includes a Samsung memory?
Actually both cards that you have are good, what's is needed is the right and proper adjustments,

Is your goal only mining with these cards or there is other purposes besides that?

Oben Unten