Question Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700 XT - Hardware issue

naboton

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello,

I have been searching for a similar issue for the past couple days on the forum but I didnt find anything. A friend brought me two Gigabyte 5700 XT gaming OC cards that were tagged as non functionnal on Ebay thinking we could fix them (95% of the time its a bricked bios so its an easy fix usually).

One of the card doesnt prevent the system from booting but the card is not recognized in Windows at all (fans spinning at start as usual but they just never stop to spin when they should stop spinning 4-5 sec after the POST). I tried almost 8 or 9 different bios (flashing directly via an SPI flasher device) and it doesnt change anything, same as booting with pin 1 and 8 shortened. This lead me to think its not the bios chip thats defective since I can read / write on it without any issue. Also, on that particular card there was a capacitor that was almost completely unsoldered (C2440, just over one of the two gddr6 chips at the top of the pcb). I fixed it the best I can thinking it might be the issue but it doesnt change anything at all so I am running out of solutions for that card.

The second card prevent the system from POSTing even if I overwrite the bios with a SPI flasher. I didnt spent much time on it yet since I am trying to fix the first one for now.

Does anyone already had a similar issue or have some tips I could verify?

Thanks

Oben Unten