Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hola amigos, tengo un problema con mi 5700xt de gigabyte rev2 para colocar el bios mod que pasaste aqui. He probado varios y todos me dan error con HIVEOS, con el serial he fallado 53.80MH. Adjunto una foto de la versión 5700 y la bios original. Estaría muy agradecido si alguien me puede ayudar. Gracias por adelantado

Anhänge

• Madera_6gb-0-RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-xxx-xxx-xxx.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 5
  • fOTO 5700 GIGABYTE REV2.png
    fOTO 5700 GIGABYTE REV2.png
    458,9 KB · Aufrufe : 28
  • Captura de pantalla (4).png
    Captura de pantalla (4).png
    177 KB · Aufrufe : 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat
Hello GPU Guru's!

I use this website frequently when i mess something up. Most of the times i can fix it with the very detailed guides and forumthreads but at this moment im stuck on 2 GPU's.. 2 GPU's that need to make some hashes because the owner of said GPU's is a dork who overpayed for them..

The owner of the GPU's? ME! :)

That being said:

If i may ask you for some guidance..

Its about a Gigabyte RX5700XT (5 of them) and a RX6700XT Reference design (BRICKED).

About the 5700XT. I am not able to correctly flash the cards. i made adjustments with MPT, i adjusted the straps in numerous variations with different Tref and Tcl settings, but everytime i flash them the machine wont post. I have to switch on CSM support to be able to post the machine. Reflash it to stock and its fine again.

The tools i use:
- atiflash293plus
- RBE (latest update, it does not show a versionnumber)
- MPT (same as RBE)

I added my original bios and my latest brew of 5700XT bios.. Can you PLEASE tell me what i am doing wrong?

PS: I do mine with the 5700XT's. Currently with TRM in RR mode at ~53.87Mhs @ 76-83Watts - as shown in HiveOS ;).
For the P/N etc please look at the attachment.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME!

Mark

EDIT: The ROMs were corrupted when i downloaded them from this page as a test. Seem fine now?

Anhänge

• 5700XT GIGA.jpg
    5700XT GIGA.jpg
    71,9 KB · Aufrufe : 26
  • RadeonRX5700XT.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 15
  • 5700XTTREF5998VCORE700.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings and welcome,

The vbios kindly attached below are the latest version 068 that fully support Zero RPM feature, unlocked Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING and AORUS cards with Samsung and Micron memory that I highly recommend to use them from now on,

You may have a good day.
Hi, am I still missing something? Tried many many different BIOSes with Aorus RX 5700 XT rev 2.0 (Micron memories), all with the same result:
Bash :
# ./amdvbflash -p 3 igors\ lab\ M-Micron-F70-Gigabyte-Aorus-RX57XT-v68.rom
AMDVBFLASH version 4.71, Copyright (c) 2020 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Old SSID: 2316
New SSID: 2316
Old P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS authentication signature mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01
As you can see there are multiple cards (others are RX 570/580) and Linux OS.
Must be something obvious but I'm failing to see it. Modified many BIOSes already byt Aorus gives me real headache.
freddy

Hi, am I still missing something? Tried many many different BIOSes with Aorus RX 5700 XT rev 2.0 (Micron memories), all with the same result:
Bash :
# ./amdvbflash -p 3 igors\ lab\ M-Micron-F70-Gigabyte-Aorus-RX57XT-v68.rom
AMDVBFLASH version 4.71, Copyright (c) 2020 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Old SSID: 2316
New SSID: 2316
Old P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
New P/N: xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS authentication signature mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01
As you can see there are multiple cards (others are RX 570/580) and Linux OS.
Must be something obvious but I'm failing to see it. Modified many BIOSes already byt Aorus gives me real headache.
freddy
Replying my own post but running amdvbflash on Windows did the trick, now I'm at 57.25MH/s and 110W with the straps and tREF modification and overclock/undervolt, will try to push a bit more.
freddy

Hi, thanks @Mini_Me for what you us at miners and gamers, it requires a lot of time and thinking... Im facing two problems using some of your procedures:
I have 4 AsusRog Rx5700xt dual bios, when i flash the bios you have been sharing around here the Gpu power is to high 150 to 190w, the OC doesn't obey my Hive configurations just keep on top Cclock number no matter what and little higher Memory that i just set.

When i take a fresh Bios and do what you recommend for safe 24/7 operating and work, the OC and power is low (almost perfect), but still not applying my Hice OC and its get stuck bettwen 3 and 4 hours , can you help me please to understand what is happening?

I am going to take a break. I put the Gigabytes in production and I need to reduce the invalid shares errors. I am going to work on testing ways to reduce the errors. I will get to start the mods on the Sapphire tomorrow. I could use information in advance if you happen to have.

Regards,
AlleyCat
I am ready to start the bios mods for the Sapphire. Looking forward to the memory timing suggestions. I am curious how you find the optimized values for different cards.

Good morning.
Great explanation, Your description provides the logical steps to explore and test the optimal power settings.

My test system run steady overnight with no errors with the following settings:
My power is around 115W, because I chose to get over 59MH/s. If I reduce the clock speed to 1400, the power drops to 112W, but so is the harsh rate to 57.4.
Running at 115W at 59MH/s i think is more efficient than running at 112W at 57MH/s.

As far at the invalid shares, the blame is on the Phoenix miner configuration switch.

-openclLocalWork 64 is what causing the errors. According the the HiveOS forum reply, it is not recommended using this switch. Once I removed the option, I was able to tune the card down to 115W.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/pheonix-miner-invalid-shares/17714/2
Very nice results, and you are right running at 115 w with 59 MH/s is better than 112 w with 57 MH/s, Actually the best sweet spot of power to performance for mining is from (111 to 121) watt to (57 to 61) MH/s.

I want to reduce the DPM 950.
I will have to continue tomorrow.
the status at the moment, the power mods and limits are working well. The memory straps have not been modified.
I will be waiting for instructions about the modifications to the straps. Just copy the 1550 strap to higher frequencies doesn't work.
Please, could you apply the memory modification to the new moded working bios now by:
1- copying the 1550 MHz strap to the rest after it, if it is not a success then,
2- apply the vram timings setting of test 1,

Regarding the Sapphire first card, have you changed the tREF to 12000 Micron and 9000 Samsung when you applied the vram timings setting of test 1?
What was the result compared to 1550 MHz strap when copied to the rest after with tREF changed to 12000 Micron snd 9000 Samsung?
Have you managed to apply the vram timings setting of test 1 with tREF changed to 12000 Micron to the Gigabyte card yet?

Hi and welcome,

I believe you have already tried the vbios in the link below, please send me your backup vbios files to check it out,

Here are my observations when flashing the new (Rev 2) vBIOS, I did on the same card not a brand new one:
It does not report full power usage (unlike the previous version) in software
54mh/s @~109w in sw but it actually uses 130-135w at wall (total system 170-175w at wall)
Using Radeon Software: core@1252 @750 mV, mem@1860 @850 mV (this one according to GPU-Z).

Will try HiveOS, but I'm not hoping for much.

Hi, hope all are well. I have the Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC (Rev 2.0) with Samsung memory. I downloaded the zip file and renamed it to R57XTGAMING-OC-8GD.ROM but when i open in red bios editor it only shows Micron memory in vram timings dropdown menu. I dont want to flash this bios on Samsung memory and damage the GPU. Can you please please help me with this problem. Thanks for your help
https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-95108

Oben Unten