Question Bricked Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT OC 8Gb making motherboard doesn't POST (solutions?)

Jokin

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hi all.

I was trying to flash the BIOS of a Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT OC 8Gb Rev1.0, but, I made a mistake, and now it's bricked.

The problem I am facing, is that, even though my Motherboard, (Gigabyte GA-B250-FinTech) has an integrated graphic card, when I plug in the 5700XT the mobo, doesn't POST, and I am having a black screen. It seems the mobo detects the bricked card (I think) and it is not starting.

I read that the some other motherboards, can POST correctly even when they have a bricked cards conneted (configured as a secondary graphic card).

Does anyone know motherboard that allows to do that? (The idea is to buy it, and have it as a backup/restoration motherboard, in case of another bricked card).

I know there are some method disassembling the card, and cutting some BIOS memory connections can fix the problem, but, I prefer a software fix if possible. This will be the last bullet if everyother tries fail.

Thanks for your help.

Lösung
I tried that with two different methods:
1) With the pcie*1 disconnected, turn on the pc, and while the motherboard is loading I connected the pcie*1 and the fan started to work, but when I logged in windows/Hiveos, the card is not detected.
2) With the pcie*1 connected to the motherboard, but the usb cable from the riser to the pci disconnected, and as soon as the motherboard started loading I connected the usb to the riser, but same result, the fan started to work, but the card is not detected by windows or hiveos.
In case the guide above did not work then let us do the below,

- Either while the pc is turned off and the card connected to the pcie x1 using a gpu riser adapter, after you turn the pc on, press F12 on the loading...
Well great news, finally the card is back, the steps using FreeDOS worked really nice :)
I had to use the specific version of ATIflash for DOS: Download ATI ATIFlash / AMD VBFlash 4.68 | TechPowerUp

I applied the method of having the pcie*1 disconnected and when the motherboard was booting connect it back, but it took me a few tries to make it work (finally I realise that the pcie*1 has to be connected on the exact moment when the motherboard is checking the VGA connections at start (while the VGA status led is ON), if I connect the pcie before or after it doesn't work.

Thank you so much for your time and for all your knowlegde (I have learnt a lot with this, and hopefully I will not brick another card :( ) :)

I am exactly in the same situation as you were. I dont have a GPU Riser card.
I have tried putting my graphic card on the 2nd pcie and when power up its stucked with "vga" lamp on motherboard.
I have also tried disconnect the power and when bios is loaded power up then i connect power to this gpu but in windows nothing being shown.

if you flash wrong vbios, and have CSM disabled on MB BIOS, it won't post. I enabled CSM, MB posted, OS booted, i had asterisk by the RX5700XT in the Device Manager, but i was ale to flash it with correct bios.
at least, that was my case. worth a try. :)

Oben Unten