Question 7900XTX Bios Location?

Litzner

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
I have a new Asrock 7900XTX Phantomgaming awaiting a waterblock to come in for me to install it in my system. Asrock just released a bios update to their Aqua card, which to the best of my knowledge is the exact same PCB as the Phantom minus 1 or 2 power phases. I am considering trying to get the new Aqua bios file and flashing it on my Phantom. I do have a CH314A BIOS programmer to bypass the SSID requirements.

In the following picture, am I correct in guessing that this is the BIOS chip on this card? Is the orange arrow pin 1?

7900XTX.jpg

Also, does anyone happen to have the new Aqua bios? I downloaded the bios updater program from Asrock, but I can't seem to extract the BIOS file from the exe.

And if anyone wants to help with this let me know! I have flashed motherboards with this method before, but it would be my first foray into video cards.

Can you make a close-up-picture of the chip in question?

Or read what's written on it and post that.

It's usually in the front. Looks pretty similar. Check the front for this one. If it isn't there you probably got it. Usually they use chips by winbond, but I don't know if ASRock uses another company for the bios-chip.

signal-2023-05-27-102447_002.jpeg

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Can you make a close-up-picture of the chip in question?

Or read what's written on it and post that.

It's usually in the front. Looks pretty similar. Check the front for this one. If it isn't there you probably got it. Usually they use chips by winbond, but I don't know if ASRock uses another company for the bios-chip.

Anhang anzeigen 25943

So this one? GD PJ237 25L Q16ET JG C030370. I apologize, my phone really doesn't like to focus on things that are up close. If needed I can get my hands on a better camera at some point and get some real photos.

7900XTX-Mine.jpg

Oben Unten