Question 6800XT MSI Gaming X 30C Delta b/w Core Temp & Hotspot normal? *update 8/2*

bbnn

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
I was wondering if having a delta of 25~30C is normal for the MSI Gaming X 6800XT when OCed? Im asking b/c i wanted to use MPT to give the card a bit more juice but accdg my friend, if the Hotspot temps are already getting this high w/o increasing the Powerlimit, there would be no point in using MPT. If this is not normal I could possibly still do an even exchange up until the 15th for this GPU at micro center as opposed to going through RMA process. the attached pictures are taken with Default automatic at timespy and 2 pictures with my daily OC in WoW going from 1 flight point to another.

Edit: seems like on default, the card is within operating temps in terms of Delta, at least compared to tech powerup's review. Does this translate directly to OC Delta temps?

Edit2: seems like tech powerup's review sample, while the same Delta temps, was pulling 329w as compared to mine pulling only 264 watts

update: opened the card today and replaced the thermal paste and remounted it. I tightened the screws by using 3 fingers as a driver until it's tight enough that the card is nudged a bit.
results: core temp dropped by about 8~10c, but hot spot is the same! so now I have a bigger delta! lmao

some pictures of the card opened:

Anhänge

• max.png
    max.png
    4,1 MB · Aufrufe : 7
  • wow.png
    wow.png
    1,7 MB · Aufrufe : 7
  • deltaOC.jpg
    deltaOC.jpg
    3,8 MB · Aufrufe : 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet :