Question Using Radeon Pro W5500 for mining

exhaustedbrit

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hey all

I have three W5700 which I am using for mining at present, together pulling over 160MH / s at less than 300W. But I also own two W5500s which without any tweaking manage just shy of 25MH / s. I have not tried to flash the cards as I understood the flash utility has less support for 5500XT, which I believe these cards are based on.

Are my worries unwarranted? I'm happy to use one as a guinea pig, I'd imagine with a memory OC they can get closer to 27MH / s and not stick at ~ 1900MHz like they do currently. If anyone has had any success already I'd love to know.

Kindly, Matt

Hey all

I have three W5700 which I am using for mining at present, together pulling over 160MH / s at less than 300W. But I also own two W5500s which without any tweaking manage just shy of 25MH / s. I have not tried to flash the cards as I understood the flash utility has less support for 5500XT, which I believe these cards are based on.

Are my worries unwarranted? I'm happy to use one as a guinea pig, I'd imagine with a memory OC they can get closer to 27MH / s and not stick at ~ 1900MHz like they do currently. If anyone has had any success already I'd love to know.

Kindly, Matt
Hey and welcome,

Please send me the original backup vbios of your W5500 card.

Hi Mini_Me,

Hijacking here as I've also been trying to unlock the BIOS on my W5500 without success. I've seen some other threads you posted instructions on and tried to follow them. MPT seems to work and save, but RBE doesn't seem to recognize my ROM file. Any help with unlocking, or possibly an optimized RX 5500 XT Bios I could try flashing to the card would be very much appreciated.

Anhänge

• AMD W5500 017.002.000.000.013476.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Hi Mini_Me,

Hijacking here as I've also been trying to unlock the BIOS on my W5500 without success. I've seen some other threads you posted instructions on and tried to follow them. MPT seems to work and save, but RBE doesn't seem to recognize my ROM file. Any help with unlocking, or possibly an optimized RX 5500 XT Bios I could try flashing to the card would be very much appreciated.
Hi and welcome,

We need first to unlock the vbios for modification, after that Mr. Hellm will add the support of 5500 cards to RedBiosEditor,

Would you like to help in achieving this?

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately not yet however we are going to reach a conclusion whether it is possible to unlock the Navi 14 and 12 and Big Navi or not.
Mini_Me,

I did notice that the .ROM you sent to try was 1024kb, while the original was 512kb. Not sure what would cause that, but may be the reason it's not working. Any thoughts on trying to flash a RX 5500 XT bios onto the W5500? Might that be a solution?

Oben Unten