AMD MorePowerTool not working after driver update to 23.4.1.

JohnnyB

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
After installing driver update v23.4.1 my .MPT profile stopped working. I ran a RyzenClean and reinstall and still not working. Is this a known / expected issue? If so is there any fix planned in the near future? I have an ASUS G15 Advantage pro (laptop) with 6800m and have been happily using an undervolted MPT profile for a while until now.

Thanks!

Having the same issue, If I upgrade past 23.3.1 then MPT will not work at all. Stock Bios, Custom Bios nothing. Only 23.3.1 and below works.

When you (yes fresh install amdcleanup etc) install the driver and apply MPT and reboot. The stock speeds are retained even if you write changes or applay any profile. You lose access to AMD Tuning and MSI Afterburner will not display clock speeds and you cannot change anything.

Seems like AMD locked it down with its drivers. Since rdna 3 is already very limited in what you can do in comparison to rdna 2.

i would not be surprised if they took it 1 step further.
Do more people have this issue?

I just tried updating to the latest 23.4.2. Again MPT will not apply , Seems like AMD is in fact locking down drivers yet I've not see others with this issue yet. Only reverting back to 23.3.1 allows the use of MPT/Tuning in AMD's software. This is with custom vbios and stock vbios.

Oben Unten