Frage Bios update Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro+

pubartos

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hey!

Just wanted to know if it's in general possible to flash the Nitro+ BIOS with amdvbflash ?

It's weird because -i provides me with 'fail' so I cannot flash it down. Results in read BIOS error - See attached pic.

But gpu is working, so it seems i didn't bought it completely bricked, I am just unable to write to BIOS.

Did this many times with a Pulse and MSI gaming 5700XT without any issues.
Is there something special to consider for the Nitro?

BR,
Pubartos

Anhänge

• IMG_20210204_202708.jpg
    IMG_20210204_202708.jpg
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe : 16
File(s) were provided as .rom?
Where did you get it?
As far as i know, Sapphire sometimes also provided simple batch-files, which will run via double-click, without any special application.

Also the filename of your .rom in the picture seems "suspicious" to me. In general the filename contains the version number of the BIOS.
This "...stock_3rdslot..." name...you sure you haven't just renamed a .bat or .zip to .rom ?;) Sorry, no offense meant, but sometimes you have to ask stupid questions to exclude everything.
A "failed to read" error is mostly given when the file is not of the expected readable format.
So it might be corrupted, or it just isn't a .rom file.

Also:
Double-check that you have the correct file(s) (check board/pcb partnumber)
There are a few slightly different versions of your card ("BE", "SE" "Pulse",...) and the BIOS versions will also differ (may even be that there is no updated BIOS for your card/version)
In this case it might even be that it depends on production date of same version...so partnumber is important.

Please also keep in mind, that your card has dual-bios (in fact it's just one, but with software-switchable settings), so you will have to have two files (both BIOS have to be updated after another, and you update the currently active mode, so you have to switch that in between)

But first check your versions and whether you have the correct file.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
File(s) were provided as .rom?
Where did you get it?
As far as i know, Sapphire sometimes also provided simple batch-files, which will run via double-click, without any special application.

Also the filename of your .rom in the picture seems "suspicious" to me. In general the filename contains the version number of the BIOS.
This "...stock_3rdslot..." name...you sure you haven't just renamed a .bat or .zip to .rom ?;) Sorry, no offense meant, but sometimes you have to ask stupid questions to exclude everything.
A "failed to read" error is mostly given when the file is not of the expected readable format.
So it might be corrupted, or it just isn't a .rom file.

Also:
Double-check that you have the correct file(s) (check board/pcb partnumber)
There are a few slightly different versions of your card ("BE", "SE" "Pulse",...) and the BIOS versions will also differ (may even be that there is no updated BIOS for your card/version)
In this case it might even be that it depends on production date of same version...so partnumber is important.

Please also keep in mind, that your card has dual-bios (in fact it's just one, but with software-switchable settings), so you will have to have two files (both BIOS have to be updated after another, and you update the currently active mode, so you have to switch that in between)

But first check your versions and whether you have the correct file.
I just tried to flash the current BIOS (extracted via GPU-Z) on the same.
So I gave the filename.

Message 'fail' in amdvbflash I get directly, there was no try to flash the BIOS. So it's not the result of flashing the BIOS it's the status i get from this card which I bought already used.

But let me check this batch file from Sapphire in case there is something provided.

I just downloaded a BIOS provided on the sapphire website to check what files exactly are there.
It's a BIOS for the "Pulse" Version by the way, there was no download for your card I could find.

Here's what the downloaded .zip contains:
1612512821876.png
as you can see there is no .rom file,
so that might be the problem. The flash application expects a different file type.

There's a readme .pdf in the above folder of the .zip, where every step to update is described.

Attached that too, might be helpful also in your "not-pulse" case :)

Anhänge

• SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6 OC BIOS UPDATE PROCEDURES_5E411.pdf
    553,9 KB · Aufrufe : 11
I just downloaded a BIOS provided on the sapphire website to check what files exactly are there.
It's a BIOS for the "Pulse" Version by the way, there was no download for your card I could find.

Here's what the downloaded .zip contains:
Anhang anzeigen 10861
as you can see there is no .rom file,
so that might be the problem. The flash application expects a different file type.

There's a readme .pdf in the above folder of the .zip, where every step to update is described.

Attached that too, might be helpful also in your "not-pulse" case :)
Ok thanks, I will check that this weekend.

Ok, solved the issue:
For all 5700(XT) including Sapphire Pulse I used amdvbflash V2.93 but the Nitro+ requires 3.04.
Amdvbflash -i shows 'passed' now and also the BIOS update was successful.
Ok thx for the Info.
Interesting...latest version of flash-utility made the difference.
Learned something. (y)

Oben Unten