Question XFX 5700 XT Cards

Anthony

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Preface: @Mini_Me has demonstrated profound knowledge when modding the 5700 XT series of graphics cards, and for those looking for an awesome tutorial, please reference https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/.

Story: At the present time, I own 40 XFX 5700 XT video cards; I have 40 more on order to make a total quantity of 80 cards. With this many cards, squeezing out an additional 1 MegaHash (MH) from each card would translate into +80MH. Out of the box, the stock bios on these XFX 5700 XT cards reflects about 51MH per card. With bios modifications and tweaks, it is possible for me to obtain between 54MH-56MH per card.

Configuration: I have 5 rigs in operation and soon I will have 5 more in operation. Each rig uses 8 cards. I am using HiveOS to manage my rigs.

The importance of bios modifications: Basically, using bios modifications allows each card to provide a better hashrate -- and as hashrate increases, potential ETH mined increases. (More Hash == More $$). Bios modifications also change how each card consumes electricity -- and aside from the initial cost of computer components, electricity is the second greatest cost when it comes to mining.
  • Stock Bios: 80 Cards x 51MH from each card = 4.080GH
  • Modified Bios: 80 Cards x (54MH || 56MH) = (4.320GH || 4.480GH).
The delicate balance in bios modification reflects a specific relationship between: 1.) Power Consumption, 2.) Temperature, 3.) Hashrate, and 4.) Stability vs. Instability. In my opinion, the goal of proper bios modification means that: (a.) each card consumes as little power as necessary, (b.) each card remains within "safe" temperatures to prevent card damage, (c.) each card produces the maximum hashrate, (d.) each card remains stable, which is to say that the card does not produce "invalid" shares or other errors that get in the way of making money.

The above mentioned thread link reflects a dialogue between two members, @Mini_Me and @AlleyCat. The thread is several pages long because it reflects a series of tests (trials, errors, and new trials with new errors, etc.) with different bios values and with different values in HiveOS. There are multiple variables in play (both on the bios tweaking side with MPT and RBE and on the software tweaking side in HiveOS), and changing one variable influences other variables. The thread is so long because many different settings were tried out in order to achieve the best possible result for specific card manufacturers, in this case manufacturer Sapphire and manufacturer Gigabyte.

This post in particular captured my attention: https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-79315.

RBE modified values in use:
Option 1 (Preferable and Recommended), applying Apple Inc. vram timings straps linked below, once for MT61K256M32 Micron, and Save the vbios after that load the saved vbios and once again apply the straps for K4Z80325BC Samsung if it is existed and save the vbios again,
https://www.igorslab.de/community/a...-mt61k256m32_gddr6_optimized_timings-zip.6544

MPT modified values in use:
Features Tab:
PPTable Features -> Feature Control = Nothing done. Left at default.
Overdrive Features = All Boxes Checked.

Overdrive Limits Tab:
GFX Maximum Clock = 1550
Memory Maximum Cock = 1000
Power Limit Maximum = 0
Power Limit Minimum = 0
Memory Timing Control = 1
Fan RPM Maximum = 3500
Fan RPM Minimum = 1100
Fan Acoustic Limit RPM Maximum = 3500
Fan Acoustic Limit RPM Minimum = 1100
Zero RPM Control = 0

Power and Voltage Tab:
Maximum Voltage GFX = 900
Maximum Voltage SoC = 1150
Minimum Voltage GFX = 700
Minimum Voltage SoC = 750
Power Limit GPU = 140
TDC Limit GFX (A) = 140
TDC Limit SoC (A) = 14

Frequency Tab:
GFX Maximum = 1400
GFX Minimum = 300
SoC Maximum = 1267
SoC Minimum = 507
Memory DPM 0 = 100
Memory DPM 1 = 500
Memory DPM 2 = 625
Memory DPM 3 = 960

Curve Tab:
(Left Alone, no change).
AVFS (GHz->V)
Override box is not ticked.
a = 0.017810
b = -0.047280
c = 0.054020
StaticVoltageOffset (GHz->V) = 0.000000

Fan Tab:
PWM Minimum = 15
Fan Acoustic Limit RPM = 1550
Fan Throtteling RPM = 3200
Fan Maximum RPM = 3500
Fan Target Temperature = 85
Fan GFX Clock = 800
Zero RPM Enable Box is ticked.
Stop Temperature = 60
Start Temperature = 68

As you can see, in order to achieve stability (prevent invalid shares, rejected shares, and phoenixminer reboots), I have to run most cards at 1375 core. Other cards I had to reduce to 1325 core. Some cards run at memory 930, some at 905, some at 900, and some at 890.

I know my cards can give better performance. Even though I have reduced power values to reduce # of invalid-rejected shares, phoenixminer still reboots from time to time, and sometimes, I will have a card that will "stop" and disappear ... which causes the phoenixminer rebooter. For these cards, I reduce values.

Any advice from master @Mini_Me would be appreciated.

RIG #1
RIG1.png

RIG #2
RIG2.png

RIG #3
RIG3.png

RIG #4
RIG4.png

RIG #5
RIG5.png

Yes... I've used too; but with my mem temps the fans are always over 90%. I live in a zone with high temps; the rig is in a room with air conditioned and a floor fan and the mem temps are at 84º Celsius average
Its not hotter than mine trust me... with no airconditioner and only floor flan... still at 88C, you should let the temps go at 86C-88C but below 90C and let the fans go lower, aim for 78%-80%...

Thanks @w0rtez!! I will keep it in mind. With mem temps between 86-88C you just let it run 24/7? Like I said... I'm a bit new in this and I saw the recommendations of @Mini_Me that for mem temps over 74º is better to shutdown the rig 1 hour every 2 days.

Edit: Regarding air conditioned... It's summer here and I live in a region with ambient temp over 40º Celcius; the air conditioned here it is a necessity. Today for example we are at 42º outside.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thanks @w0rtez!! I will keep it in mind. With mem temps between 86-88C you just let it run 24/7? Like I said... I'm a bit new in this and I saw the recommendations of @Mini_Me that for mem temps over 74º is better to shutdown the rig 1 hour every 2 days.

Edit: Regarding air conditioned... It's summer here and I live in a region with ambient temp over 40º Celcius; the air conditioned here it is a necessity. Today for example we are at 42º outside.
Yes kinda like here between 30-40... And yes you can leave it below 90C with no problem... I always have mine 84C-86C-88C between that range.

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-14 a las 9.17.36 p.m..png

We are getting better!!
I was always applying the same OC settings to all cards; applying different OC settings to each card made the difference

Hello, could someone help me with a bios file already modified from the xfx 5700 xt mircron memory? 113-180WNAVI10XT8GD6_MS_191122_W8

Hello, I thank all the people who help others in this regard.
I have 2 xfx rx 5700 xt triple fan mem samsung.
MPT settings based on the tutorial mini_me which is on page 2 https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-79315 wrote I did.
RBE changes based on the same tutorial but Option 2 is, I did not use apple lnc.

What settings do you suggest for OC hiveos for the best hash and less power consumption?

This is the status of my gpus.

1.JPG
2.JPG

This is my first rig that I want to increase my gpus over time. I am a complete beginner in the field of mine with gpu.

English is not my language
sorry if I have some mistakes in my writing

Hello, I thank all the people who help others in this regard.
I have 2 xfx rx 5700 xt triple fan mem samsung.
MPT settings based on the tutorial mini_me which is on page 2 https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-79315 wrote I did.
RBE changes based on the same tutorial but Option 2 is, I did not use apple lnc.

What settings do you suggest for OC hiveos for the best hash and less power consumption?

This is the status of my gpus.

Anhang anzeigen 12304
Anhang anzeigen 12305

This is my first rig that I want to increase my gpus over time. I am a complete beginner in the field of mine with gpu.

English is not my language
sorry if I have some mistakes in my writing
Hello and welcome,

I recommend the below setting for mode A in TeamRedMiner,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD, TeamRedMiner Hashrate

1380 MHz, 780 or 785 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 850 mV, 1310 mV, ~55.30 MH/s,

You can decrease the MVDD from 1310 to 1250 mV for only memory clock at 900 (1800) MHz or below then check for stability.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello and welcome,

I recommend the below setting for mode A in TeamRedMiner,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD, TeamRedMiner Hashrate

1380 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 850 mV, 1310 mV, ~55.30 MH/s,

You can decrease the MVDD from 1310 to 1250 mV for only memory clock at 900 (1800) MHz or below then check for stability.
I applied these settings.
Interestingly, with MVDD 1250, it had 2 invalid shares in the first minute!
i changed MVVD to 1300 and this gpu had invalid share in first 5 minute!
in the next I applied exactly the numbers you said with MVDD 1310 and this gpu1 had invalid share in first 10 minute!
I entered --eth_config = A in the TRM configuration, but I still do not know the difference between mode A and mode B!

3.JPG

Now I have reduced the GPU1 memory to 890. But I do not know if this is right or not. Now this gpu works with the same hashrate 54.6, only the power consumption has increased!
For me, stability is important in the first place, and then HashRate.
I controled the temperature, I have experience controlling the temperature from mine with ASICs.
Electricity consumption is of little importance to me.

Thanks for any helping to adjust the optimization

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I applied these settings.
Interestingly, with MVDD 1250, it had 2 invalid shares in the first minute!
i changed MVVD to 1300 and this gpu had invalid share in first 5 minute!
in the next I applied exactly the numbers you said with MVDD 1310 and this gpu1 had invalid share in first 10 minute!
I entered --eth_config = A in the TRM configuration, but I still do not know the difference between mode A and mode B!

Anhang anzeigen 12310

Now I have reduced the GPU1 memory to 890. But I do not know if this is right or not. Now this gpu works with the same hashrate 54.6, only the power consumption has increased!
For me, stability is important in the first place, and then HashRate.
I controled the temperature, I have experience controlling the temperature from mine with ASICs.
Electricity consumption is of little importance to me.

Thanks for any helping to adjust the optimization
Please increase the VDD to 790 or 800 mV and keep the memory clock at 900 (1800) MHz.

Please increase the VDD to 790 or 800 mV and keep the memory clock at 900 (1800) MHz.
thanks for your response
With VDD 790 and 800 it still reports invalid share.
I have now used your guide on page 32 and set up the BIOS. This time I used Apple Schedule.
I tested Miner in both mods A and B, the result was the same and it shares invalid.
I do not know what to do!

thanks for your response
With VDD 790 and 800 it still reports invalid share.
I have now used your guide on page 32 and set up the BIOS. This time I used Apple Schedule.
I tested Miner in both mods A and B, the result was the same and it shares invalid.
I do not know what to do!
Please could you inform what is your system specification.

motherboard biostar tb250 btc +
cpu intel g4400 3.30GHz
ram 8gb ddr4 2666
riser 009s
i have not ssd, i use 32gb flash usb 3.2
psu 400w just for motherboard & cpu
psu 2500w for gpu's
Great,

Some tips that I would like to share,
- Clear CMOS and update the motherboard bios to the latest version if available,
- Downclock your ram clock to 1866 for more stability and to save a couple of watts,
- Double check your cables setup and connection, when connecting the power cable to the gpu please do not use power splitter and use 2 power cable.

Great,

Some tips that I would like to share,
- Clear CMOS and update the motherboard bios to the latest version if available,
- Downclock your ram clock to 1866 for more stability and to save a couple of watts,
- Double check your cables setup and connection, when connecting the power cable to the gpu please do not use power splitter and use 2 power cable.
I could not set the memory clock above 890. Invalid share.
In any case, it works well with the 890 memory clock. But after a few hours, he recognizes the card as dead.
This log is the time of card death. Soc has increased from 950mhz to 1085 at the time of card death and the card has been diagnosed as dead.
Is there a problem if I set the maximum soc to 950 in oc?
20210413_151015.png

20210413_151235.png

I could not set the memory clock above 890. Invalid share.
In any case, it works well with the 890 memory clock. But after a few hours, he recognizes the card as dead.
This log is the time of card death. Soc has increased from 950mhz to 1085 at the time of card death and the card has been diagnosed as dead.
Is there a problem if I set the maximum soc to 950 in oc?
Anhang anzeigen 12376

Anhang anzeigen 12377
Please use the setting below again,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD, TeamRedMiner Mode A Hashrate

1380 MHz, 790 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 850 mV, 1310 mV, ~55.30 MH/s.

Oben Unten